Menu
Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Apr 27, 2007 21:23
  • MAY001
o, it's so terrible! Did your colleague call the police??
Apr 30, 2007 00:23
  • NEWBBIE
Yes of cos he did, luckily he was quick witted he had 2 hand phones with him and when he realised that something was amiss he threw one of his HP by the roadside, the robbers did not see it so when they left he called 110 with that phone, unfortunately he wasn't able to tell the police his exact location, until he highway patrol came along and picked him up. He spent the whole night in the police station and the following morning in the hospital and came back to Yantai in the afternoon.
Apr 30, 2007 06:27
  • APAULT
Bad luck Newbbie, I've just never had any problem like this in China. (so far !) Seems it hasn't got you down and glad u r ok.
May 8, 2007 14:33
  • PAINTERPT
Beware of bogus tours operating in Beijing that will leave you stranded in some out of the way place and perhaps take of with some of your belongings.
The Li river cruise to Yangshuo is highly over rated and very expensive, and when you reach Yangshuo you are forced to make your way through a gauntlet of very annoying and very persistent hawkers.
There is little of interest in Yangshuo other than overpriced junk for tourists but the surrounding countryside has a lot to offer.
May 14, 2007 21:33
  • JENDY
Am I glad I'm going on an organised tour for the 1st time in my life, you bet. Always done our own thing but thought better of it in China.
May 15, 2007 22:12
  • APAULT
Jendy, It's not really as bad as it might seem from tehse comments. It can be hard travelling in China on your own mostly because of language. But I have had no bad experiences living in China for 15 months 3 of them travelling. On the contrary, I have received lots of help. An organised trip though, does ensure you do major toursit things in a shorter time and actually see the sights - I miss a lot!
May 16, 2007 00:06
  • JCNILE123
just, don't follow the flag, you can have the time of your life if you go and do it your self..i don't like the flag guys.
May 16, 2007 21:10
  • JENDY
The dreaded flag, yep you have to laugh when you see them but decided it would just be to hard to do our own thing as we have elsewhere and yes language would be a problem. This time I'll be happy to sit back, put my feet up and let some-else worry about all the details. We'll be doing lots, walking, trains, boats, airplanes with a little free time hopefully to do some shopping, I want to shop, not for clothes, they won't fit, funny about that. Very much looking forward to getting there.
May 17, 2007 19:00
  • SAKDI
It is not just happen in China, I treat it like an ordinary incident, expecailly when I travel with tour group excorted by local guide. I have to get more cautious about shopping, and be wise before making any purchase.
Jun 7, 2007 21:08
from www.insurancebasis.com "i'll give you the most inexpensive trek in town" scam by unregesterested tour campanies in Traps city. take care of your own baggage first.
Page 2 of 21    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code