Menu
what do u think about shanghai girls?
Feb 12, 2009 20:30
  • MARRIE
TAKEMYHAND, I think MONEY can become dirty enough to distort people's behavior and soul. This happens to Chinese men/women and Western men/women as well !
Feb 17, 2009 15:24
GUEST16478 you dont know what you are talking about. Shanghai girls are pretty and dress nicely and can take care of a home. Also most decent Shanghai girls only wants a husband from Shanghai. Only those "trash" wants anybody else. Also Shanghai people does not pretend to be good but they do not do all the evil things that the rest of the world does.
Feb 25, 2009 22:23
GUESTSUNAMI Shanghai girls are the most insecure of all Chinese girls; they think they are "superior" because Shanghai was once ruled by western barbarians (Brits, Germans, Yanks, Japs, French, Russe, et al) and were exposed to western culture.

Hence Shanghainese feel, they are more 'sophisticated' than other Chinese girls. And so since then, Shanghai women stick their noses in the air, strutting like their dog poodles, behaving snotty. This arrogance is built on a foundation of sand - loose and insecure.

That is why Shanghai women are opening their legs for white men.
Feb 26, 2009 21:37
GUEST37101 To those posts that say Shanghai girls are the same are girls anywhere, based on the goodness of humanity as a whole; it should be obvious that is an oversimplification (an optimistic, but pragmatically naive outlook.)

If you want to generalize, it would be more fair to say that people worldwide make mate selection based on community expecations and their own status, be it looks, status, wealth, education or morals. Consider a middle class girl from Manhattan, she would be unlikely to settle for someone who does not meet her expecations based on her upbringing, they would need to be attractive to them, maybe funny, have a good job and have some upward mobilitiy or education. She would be less likely to have a very high expecation of simple wealth, as that wouldnt be necessary to have a good relationship, end up perhaps getting married, with a home in the suburbs, raising their children happily in the middle class. This is because the middle class in he US is a relatively comfortable and satisfying place to be.

Now consider someone in a high end Asian country, the some westerners would consider to be catagorized as 2nd world given the continuing large gap between rich and poor with shaky politcal and judical systems. Here a girl that may be considered middle class in her country, may not be satisified with this end result, especially as the rich get richer, and your positition within the middle class is uncertain (i.e. in China the difference between lower and higher middle class is larger than in the US or Western Europe).

20 years from now, if you settle for a nice person with average qualities, your family status may be in jeopardy.
Now note, that I am not using these simple examples to classify an entire country, but rather to show the difference in what may be considered a "average" attitude.

That being said, statistical distribution would give us some humble, and some ambitious people in any population. But even without scientific study, it would be obvious that different populations will have different distri butions, based on societal norms and expectations. Above I spoke about oversimplificiation, but here we are rather providing averages. It would be highly likely, due to the importance of business, money, and compeition in the current China, that women and men would be encouraged by socital expcations to look for those with better educations, status, business conections and wealth.

Mar 8, 2009 07:46
GUEST38230 APAULT,Well I guess it's hard for foreigners to recognize who are shanghainese girls or non shanghainese, in this case I would just tell you frankly, the girls walking on nanjing road are not shanghainese
Apr 12, 2009 10:21
GUEST16467 As in the rest of the world it depends when how and where you meet a person (girl) that is likely to influence how they behave. The Shanghainese girl you met at university in Australia, is for example likely to be very different, or have different expectations from the girl you met early one morning at bloc volar... Of course it is also equally likely that it is the same girl... so is this useful... not really, just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.
Apr 20, 2009 15:21
GUEST32183 Hey Girls what up ???
Hey ! I am Javed from Pakistan; I am loving, caring, Honest, Open minded, Romantic and True. I want make a Serious Relationship (Married) B-coz everybody Insincere hole over the world and my dreams is Small & Happy family. So will you make me Serious Relationship? B-coz I want to marry in your country, I am waiting for you reply. Javed Iqbal (yahoo.com|mj_ikhan)
Apr 22, 2009 02:41
GUEST33104 Yup, because we have the reason to be arrogant.

We, Shanghai girls, are beautiful and confident. Most of us are well-educated and have our own careers. We don't count on men to give us a better life even if we are married.

I know a lot of girls from inland china come to Shanghai and pretend to be Shanghai girls. It's quite ridiculous. That's the reason why we look down upon them. And then, these girls defame us as much as they can.
Apr 22, 2009 17:25
  • MARRIE
Here, i just don't understand why lots of chinese say they are from shanghai but acturally they are not.

I can tell you what Shanghai girls look like: They dress very clean and appropriately but less fashion than those from rest of China. They are of self-discipline and full of confidence. If you work with them, you will feel pressure just like girls from Hongkong.

And Shanghainess are less associated and less likely allied compared to the rest of China. They pursue perfect thru working hard and independently.
Last edited by MARRIE: Apr 22, 2009 18:09
Jun 13, 2009 02:04
GUEST39178
Damn right guest 33104, beautiful, well-educated, classy and confident we Shanghainese are. Shanghai girls have all the best attributes and more...which is why we are the envy of all chinese girls , sometimes also the target of hate, because along with envy comes hate. girls that pretend to be Shanghainese ..well the minute you start speaking we would know exactly what your background is... so word of advice, don't even try because its pathetic..thats all i have to say, you can hate or envy us all you want, that won't change a thing. the way to gain respect is not through lying, or hating,with truth you may actually have a chance. anyways what im trying to say is...Shanghai girl's got it all, so naturally they would have much higher expectation when it comes to relationships., so don't make that seem like a fault, because its not. I understand that there are some individuals out there that are really nasty and will lie, betray and cheat to have their ways...,that is undeniable. but all societies consist of women like that, they don't always represent a city/country as a whole.
Page 6 of 22    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what do u think about shanghai girls?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code