Menu
Will the former first lady Mrs. Hilary Clinton become the American President?
Apr 12, 2007 20:13
  • BBQQ
I wonder whether Americans will vote for a woman to be their president.
Are the equality between men and women has been improved in America?
As far as I know, women in America were not allowed to climb to the summit of the political mountain, right?
Apr 12, 2007 20:17
  • MAY001
It's not "not allowed", I think, it's just a kind of acquiescence. So is in China. When will we have a female prime minister??
Apr 12, 2007 20:19
  • CALIFORNIA
Female prime???I don't think she can come out soon.
Apr 12, 2007 20:33
  • LOVECHINA2
BBQQ,
Things have changed in America.I doon't know if you ever saw a very old Shirley Temple movie in China but she was a child movie star and went on to become a Congress Woman. Even in the Corporate world of big business there are many women CEO's .H/P(Hewlett Packard computers is one) So you may see a woman become president in America.
Apr 12, 2007 21:23
  • CONNY129
Will you vote for her?
Apr 12, 2007 22:34
  • CHYNAGYRL
It's between a black man (Obama) and a white woman (Hilary) both running for president. I'm not sure if Hilary is able to capture the majority of male voters this time... I would like to see a black president.
Apr 13, 2007 01:35
  • LEOPOLD219
the possibility is very little. In US history, there is no female president.
Apr 15, 2007 11:46
  • SANYACHINA
Female prime in China...Well, we already got a female speaker. Also - why everyone think that it is because of the sex? It is a fact that OST OF THE FEMALES IN THE WORLD are not interested in politics. And about China - how if so huge number of females don't know WHICH COUNTRIES ARE THE NEIGHBOURS OF CHINA, will be able to be PRIME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It is not for uneducated citizens. It is a responsible job.
The number of the females in the parliaments ALL AROUND THE WORLD is not so big, so the possibility is not so big as well.
Apr 15, 2007 12:01
  • SANYACHINA
"It's between a black man (Obama) and a white woman (Hilary) both running for president. I'm not sure if Hilary is able to capture the majority of male voters this time... I would like to see a black president."

I don't care about his colour - black, pink or golden. I care about his possibilities to make USA a safe place, normal place for living and to make the World peaceful.
Apr 15, 2007 13:50
I think most of the people in the USA will want to vote for a President on exactly the same basis as SANYACHINA says in his final post. They will not care about sex or colour, but will try to judge about the candidates possibilities to make the USA a safe place, with successful economy, a normal place for living, and to make the World peaceful.

The difficulty is to judge which candidate can deliver that promise most reliably... the only way is for the voter to form an opinion about the candidates' personal character, rational abilities, and moral strength. This is very difficult because modern democratic politics does not always promote people strongest in these three areas!

There will be minorities of people who would like to see history made by having either a woman president for the first time, or a black president for the first time, but the number of these people is likely to be balanced by those who would vote against for exactly opposite reason.

Personally I believe Hilary Clinton will fail in her mission, but I don't have a vote in it.
Apr 15, 2007 22:09
  • CHYNAGYRL
Hmm... travellermike, I would like to believe what you are saying. But there are some things that make me think otherwise. It's not uncommon for previous presidents to be lawyers, since they understand the legal system and social issues. I was told that (today) female law students are taught to neutralize their gender by dressing like a man at work. The idea is that female lawyers should neutralize their gender because women are still seen as capricious and unreliable, while men are seen as rational and dependable. That's the reality that gender biases are alive and well not only in the business world but in many areas of life. I think people want a competent president with high moral values, but Americans are so diverse... it would not be beyond many of them to have some gender or race bias. Ideally, people are all fair and rational, but the truth is humans can often be counted on to be irrational and subjective.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will the former first lady Mrs. Hilary Clinton become the American President?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code