Menu
Chengdu or Kunming to Shanghai
Apr 16, 2007 21:33
  • ISYO
Hi Guys,

I've got two weeks in China next month and it is my second trip.

I'm having some trouble deciding what to see in the short amount of time i've got there, which is only two weeks.

I have two possibilities that i'm considering:
-Fly into Chengdu and just explore Sichuan and Yunnan, before flying back to Shanghai for my next flight.
-Fly directly into Yunnan and then travel by train to Guiyang, Changsha, Nanchang to Shanghai.

The second one is actually my preference, because i think i'll see more, but I don't want to be too stretched and not see anything! What do people think? Any opinions?

Cheers,
Isy
Apr 16, 2007 21:48
First one could be more fun, since you don't need to spent much time on traffice. And Yuannan and Sichuan is defintely worhty your two weeks journey. Bon voyage!
Apr 16, 2007 22:03
  • ALICEGAO
1st one is far much better, dude.
Apr 18, 2007 07:52
  • JABAROOTOO
Just spend two weeks in westen Sichuan. I'm going up for a week for May holiday. Hopefully it will not be too overcrowded but one week will not really do it but I don't have any longer. There is so much to see. You could fly into Jiuzhaigou (Songpan to be more precise) visit Jiuzhaigou and then travel overland to Chengdu and fly out of there two weeks later. It's a wonderful trip, visiting Tibetin and Qiang ethnic minorities which have a very colourful looking lifestyle and history. If you google you'll get a few tour itineraries online that will give you some idea where and what you can see.

Have a great trip
Apr 18, 2007 19:56
  • MAY001
Yes, I agree. The first one is much better cause you can spend less time on traffic. Besides, Sichuan and Yunnan is already big enough. Two weeks is not a long period of time for you to explore all.
Apr 18, 2007 20:03
  • ISYO
Hi Guys,

That's absolutely brilliant - I'll do the first one and have more exploration time. I think i'll fly into Chengdu and out of Kunming back to Shanghai.

Jabarootoo - can't wait to read your postings before i go!!

Cheers,
Isy
Oct 12, 2007 06:40
  • SIMONEE
Hi,
what's the cheapest way to fly from Shanghai area to Chengdu? How much does it cost? Should i book in China or in Britain?
Oct 12, 2007 12:08
  • ELLYSE
Absolute cheapest (without trying to spend half your life on the train/bus) would be to fly Shanghai -- Chongqing on Spring Airlines (http://www.china-sss.com) and then transfer to a bus/train to Chengdu.
Oct 25, 2007 07:24
GUEST18566 what if I want to fly Shnaghai to Chengdu direct?
avoiding bus
Oct 26, 2007 21:11
  • SUSAN205060
Guiyang, Changsha, Nanchang is not suitable for tourist to explore, so of course first one.

It is more fun and interesting.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Oct 26, 2007 22:50
  • ELLYSE
Then you can only go by normal airlines and hope for good discounted tickets.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chengdu or Kunming to Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code