Menu
Should China use force to re-take Nansha Islands?
Apr 25, 2007 01:44
  • FRANKENSTEIN

Should China use force to re-take Nansha Islands? the analysis of advantages and disadvantages.

Whether China use force to re-take Nansha Islands doesn't depend on military technology, but analysis of benefits.

At first, let's have an analysis, if China take local war with Vietnam, re-take Nansha Islands,what will China gain?

1、Safeguard the country's territorial integrity. Nansha Islands have been parts of China's territory long time ago. Re-taking them can contribute to the great career of unification.
2、Re-taking Nansha Islands will bestow China the whole rigths to make use of the oil and gas resources, which found in Nansha. From the economic points, the resources of economic value is very substantial.
3、Re-taking Nansha could consolidate China's coastal defense, defend the "South Gate" in order to safeguard the sea lane of China, strengthen the capability of China enter Pacific Ocean、Malacca Strait and Indian Ocean.
4、overawing Taiwan, to make possibility of peacefully solving the Taiwan issue. It's good to final settlement of Taiwan.

If China take local war with Vietnam, re-take Nansha Islands,what will China lose?

1、China will lose opportunity of taking regional economic cooperation with ASEAN. It's bad for China to lost its impact on ASEAN, and give the chance to Japan and S.Korea.
2、Lose the market of ASEAN. In 2006, the volume of bilateral trade between China and ASEAN was up to 59.76 billion U.S. dollars. ASEAN has became the 4th trade partners of China.
3、Perhaps some countries of ASEAN will strengthening ties with Taiwan, which is not conducive to the mainland's international environment, impacts on China's great cause of reunification.
4、U.S led countries will strengthen control on Vietnam. And U.S. troops could station in Vietnam.
5、The United States and other European countries might impose economic sanctions against China.

If China doesn't retake Nansha with military forces, China won't get any benefits from that, and furthermore will lose another profits:

1、The resources of Nansha Islands will be possessed and developed by Vietnamese freely.
2、After Vietnam make Nansha Issue internationalizd, it will be difficult for China to retake Nansha Islands.
3、Many countries of ASEAN will think that China is swayed by considerations of gain and loss, then strengthen the plundering of the South China Sea.

Do you agree?
Apr 25, 2007 03:14
  • ZOEY
too long
Apr 25, 2007 03:27
  • BBQQ
Military force is not the best solution. I rely on diplomatic solutions.
Apr 25, 2007 03:32
  • KEVIN0518
Maybe China should explore the Nansha Islands together with Vietnam together. Is that a good way to solve the problem?
Apr 25, 2007 06:20
  • SANYACHINA
I would like to read the official Chinese position, not to discuss based of "0-information". Please show us the link with the news about Nansha-Vietnam and what is the official Chinese position. Thank you!
Apr 28, 2007 10:29
  • SANYACHINA
You see guys, everyone is talking about something, but nobody cares about the real situation and about the official Chinese position. That is why still a lot of our society is able to belive easily even in ghosts. My advise is - read more official news, do not believe "Yellow press".
Apr 28, 2007 20:54
  • FRANKENSTEIN
To BBQQ
Think again. Sometimes diplomatic solutions are not the best way.
If diplomatic solutions could settle the problem, why did we help N.Korea? fight with Vietnam in 1979, fight with USSR in 1969?
Apr 28, 2007 20:58
  • FRANKENSTEIN
To KEVIN0518
do you know why are Vietnam so insatiable. Because Deng has made a plan,called:"Shelving disputes, Joint development ", but know, the situation is different. we have to tell the world that China could defend its territory.
Apr 28, 2007 21:01
  • FRANKENSTEIN
To SANYACHINA
you want to know some official news
Here they are!
http://news.phoenixtv.com/mainland/200704/0410_17_100452.shtml
http://news.phoenixtv.com/mil/2/200704/0411_340_101044.shtml

Apr 28, 2007 23:17
  • ELLEN77
Seeming that we are at the disadvantage edge, where goes the just?
Why not give us the advantages and disadvantages of Vietnam, it must have some hesitations in solving this problem. So I think sincere and win-win negotiation may work.
Apr 29, 2007 01:18
  • MIRANDAZHAO
The biggest disadvantage must be the war itself! Can you imagine what a war is?? At least, I can't. And I don't know what will happen if there is a war between China and other countries. But I believe that once our nation is invaded by others, we will definitely fight back!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should China use force to re-take Nansha Islands?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code