Menu
American seeking work in China...where do I start?
Nov 24, 2008 01:15
GUEST07194 well, if you want to work in china, Firstly,you should come to China. To be an English is a easy way . Maybe you don't like the job, you can change to the bussiness field when you get used to china. it is also a good idea for you to find out wheher you really want to work in china.

By the way, i am in Wuhan Institute of Technology in charge of Foreigner teachers recruite. if you are intested in china, you should come to the centre of China WUHAN, HUBEI province ,P.R.CHINA. THERE ARE LOTS OF OPPROTUNITY FOR BUSSINESE .
Nov 24, 2008 01:23
GUEST07194 My E-mail adress iS sohu.com|wangwang1682. If you are intersted in working in China, start a job as an English Teacher is a good choice.
Sep 28, 2009 22:48
GUEST24040 we are a english pub looking for staff on a 6 month contract, are you interested in bar work

regards

clive
tdcsuzhou.com|clive
Nov 19, 2009 19:53
  • KSINA
i'm a chinese
my english is so poor that i really cann't spell well

bow i.m in beijing what can i do for u?
Nov 22, 2009 05:15
GUEST53130 go find some big chinese corp, they have branches in the usa, they mey hire you, and just tell them u expect to work in china
Dec 8, 2009 22:35
GUEST7788
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREECLIMBER View Post

Hi everyone. I want to work in China. I'm an American and do not speak Chinese yet. I have an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University and enjoy marketing, sales, and business development. Do I have a chance to work in China without knowing how to speak the language? If so, where is a good place for me to start looking for jobs?

Thank you so m...

Can a non-Chinese speaking Greek geek work in China do you think?
May 9, 2010 17:27
GUEST83241 Freeclimber,
I am an American artist working over 14 years in China and spoke No Chinese for at least ten of those years. You obviously have thought about it and plans are great but in order to start one must take their first step. There are NO certainties.
I wrote a book about it that can be found on the usual bookstore websites such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It is called "The Tragic Kingdom, or; Prisoner in a Chinese Theme Park"
Good luck
Broc Smith
May 13, 2010 23:42
  • JINW
Quote:

Originally Posted by KSWONG

An Ivy League degree don't count for much here. Most expats (ie Caucasians) end up teaching English where the only pre-requisite is that you must come from an English-speaking country and have white skin. Yes, you will be there with the backpackers and high school leavers who are also qualified for these jobs (no offense intended).

Carnegie Mellon University is not in the Ivy League, however, Carnegie Mellon is an outstanding university for mathematics and business.
Ivy Schools:
Harvard, Princeton, Brown, Dartmouth, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, and Cornell.
May 30, 2010 14:25
  • JXLOT
Hello,

I would like to teach English in China for 6 months. I have a graduate degree and extensive travel experience through study, volunteering and working abroad.

I am looking to teach somewhere where it is not too warm (I prefer the cold over humid, hot weather any day), where there are other foreign teachers, in a place that is not a gigantic city but not a small village in the middle of nowhere. It would be great to have an apartment with a Western toilet, internet access, electricity and a television.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should start my search of where I would like to teach ? I know the pollution can be bad and I have bad allergies and in Nepal, for example the pollution made me sick all the time so that has to be a factor. I would like to teach youth and though I have no background in teaching English , I am very interested in possibly teaching in either Suzhou or Hangzhou but was wondering if there was somewhere that I could find the pros and cons of working in various cities. Does such a website or source exist? Thank you for your assistance and time. It is appreciated.

Joshua
Jun 5, 2010 01:00
GUESTHEECECT... Hi I just lost my job. I have searched all the job boards more times than thousand times and sent off hundreds of resumes. However, i have not been able to find a single good response to my applications. If anyone knows about particular job site where i can look for a good job, please revert me with the location details. I will be thankful to you for your early response.
Page 3 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: American seeking work in China...where do I start?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code