Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Feb 14, 2008 05:52
GUESTJESSICA HI this is Jessica from Beijing. I have a question for a long time but dont know who should i ask to get some information. I have a american boyfriend,we already be together more than a year. i never go abroad,yesterday was my first time to apply for my passport,and on the 22th of Feb i can just go to fetch it. the passport is very easy to get but about the visa to america what can i do with it? we are not planning to marry yet,but he wants to take me to america to meet his family.just as a travel,is it possible for me to see his family there? and the other thing is: my bf's mom in LA is little bit powerful and she knows the state of california's leader they are very good friends. so if by this is there any help for me to get my visa easliy? thank you for reading my message.
Feb 16, 2008 10:57
  • BARONTWANGLE
haha - Yes, Arny will make your day!

I think you will find it very difficult to get an American visa. You might manage it if you can show you have lots of money, and a very very very good reason to return to China after your visit. This could be a good job (like a CEO of a multi million dollar corporation), or maybe some children you have here!

My advice would be to ditch the American bf and find a British one. He will treat you better, and the visa is easy to get! :-)

Good luck.
Feb 18, 2008 03:13
GUEST77142 It is true that easier to get to Britain, but british men are not going to treat you better, they are playboys worse than alot of americans. I am american working and living in China, my GF/Fiance was in the same problem to you. The problem you have is you are a single female with not ties to your country, I am sad to say 85 to 90% of VIsa are turned down to single females in that status. You have to show , massive money in bank, owned property or business and what is the age difference of you and your loved one, that will also be in effect. It does not matter how powerful ur friend in the US is, the law states that the US Consulate here makes ALL final decisions without any stateside authority having influence, even if the President of the US calls here, I hate to say it the interviewer has the last say PERIOD no matter what anyone tells you. You need a letter of invitation of work from state to have a better chance, so if you know someone that has company and you are only to visit get a letter of employement but you still have to prove not just show that you are going to return to your homeland if not, they will deny. The US is very tuff on Chinese single females I am sorry to say, also the prettier you are the harder it is, as I have seen numerous female friends go for training and we have hard time with the ones that are pretty passing interviews.
Feb 18, 2008 03:42
  • BARONTWANGLE
Guest 77142. If you are really American, why is your English so bad?
Feb 18, 2008 22:38
GUEST99163 I have a girlfriend in china who I met while teaching there two summers ago. We are trying to get her a tourist visa so that she can come visit the states this summer. We are stressing that she is coming to help improve her practice as a Chinese English teacher when she returns to china. What do you think the chances are that she will be approved?
Feb 19, 2008 09:50
  • BARONTWANGLE
If she is single, young, doesn't hold a managerial job in a large company, then I would say her chances are slim. They will be happy to take the visa application fee from her however, before telling her she has been refused.
Mar 31, 2008 10:52
GUEST13856 What are the chances for a tourist Visa to the USA for a divorced woman who has a child that does not accompany her on the visit?
Apr 5, 2008 14:51
GUEST37710 hi all , i have read a lot here , i still not sure about how everything works , there is a lady waiting for me in Beijing , china , she is the same age as i am , ( 45 ) she is single , were i to go there , get married , how do i get here into Britain , and how do i get the Chinese authority to leave here go , I have no desire to lead this lady into a false sense of security , nor do i intend to put myself under financial strain , it matters not for me to live in china , or the uk , it matters not to her , she is only after me to be in her life , not the material or country , so can some one give me the advice who , what , where , and when . of getting her out of there if possible , or is it best to move there ,
Apr 14, 2008 01:19
GUEST66114 Hi all, I have a friend in China who wants to marry a US man. She is 41 years old, very feminine, and highly conscious of family. She has a college degree and lives in an old-line city in China. She is divorced now and has a 12 year old boy who lives with his father.
She is serious about marriage and asks me to find a trustworthy gentleman to live a happy and stable life.
The gentleman needn't be rich, but should have a stable job. And now he should be single and wants to marry a Chinese woman seriously. He should be honest, conscious of family and suitable age.
If you or your friend has interest, please contact me: yahoo.com|lucy.yin
I live in CA, so I prefer you or your friend lives close to me and we can contact at first.
Apr 14, 2008 01:29
  • 69MAN
I'm going to china in late July to marry My girlfriend there. I have My divorce papers that is about 3 years old. Is this all I need to take with Me to china to marry her or would I need to take more paper work with Me. Please Help I want to get this right. I don't want to fly all the way there and find out that I missing someting that I need.
Page 10 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code