Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Jan 13, 2008 09:58
GUEST16864 I am a California man seeking the straight shot about utilizing chnlove as the agency to meet and marry a chinese bride . . . I have read some of the posts. Is there any way to have the lady seek her own visa, or go through another country, where I can meet up, marry her (outside USA) and then take her home to the USA?
What kind of costs/headaches can I expect? And, mostly important: Are Chinese brides (37yrs) typically sincere and loyal?
Mike
Jan 15, 2008 02:42
GUEST56142 I am currently living in China ( I am American). I want to marry my Chinese girlfriend. What is the procedure I need to go through to marry her here, and then make it easy to be able to go back and forth between here and the USA?
Jan 15, 2008 03:25
  • JIMMYB
GUEST56142 , please check http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=39343 and you can find some info. Also you can search on this forum to get more info.
Jan 20, 2008 14:12
GUEST39245 I am sorry to tell you that you will have serious problems obtaining a UK visa. Apply for a Visitor's Visa, and you will probably be turned down on suspicion that she is looking to gain access to UK and disappear. If you go for a settlement Visa, like if you have arranged a UK wedding and have all the visa requirements in place, it seems to me that even after them being most intrusive into our private lives, they still drum up some half-baked excuse - like MY grown-up children? Her BROTHER'S financial status? I think they have been instructed to deny access to UK. Sorry - I am at the final appeal stage myself, and I do not know what to do next!
Jan 24, 2008 07:26
GUEST06147 I live in China and we want to marry in september.We have a kid on the way and what do I do to get married in China since this is my new home now.we do not plan to live in the United states where I am from but China and Hong Kong.
Jan 26, 2008 17:35
GUEST11669 My friend a chinese national and college teacher would like to come and work in the United states as a teacher to teach high school level math/chinese , any ideas in what she would have to do?
Would the chinese government allowed her to apply for a visa? many people tell me that they will not.
Jan 28, 2008 12:36
  • CANADAGUY
Guest11669, the first thing you should do is try to find a school in the U.S. that is prepared to offer your friend a teaching job.

Once you have that accomplished, you stand a good chance of obtaining a work visa for your friend to come to the U.S.

The Chinese government would not be involved in this.
Jan 30, 2008 01:43
  • BARONTWANGLE
Guest 16864 (original message). You sound like you are online shopping for a wife, who you will see as a possession of yours to do what you like with. Maybe you need to learn what "marriage" is before trying it, as by what you have written, you clearly have no idea. Let me tell you now, you are very unlikely to find a loyal and sincere wife on a website dating agency. They will all use you because they think it is their door to a better standard of living. However, they will be sorely disappointed, and then run a mile. If you want my advice - learn what marriage is, then find someone you love, and who loves you. Only then get married if you understand what you are doing.
Feb 7, 2008 04:26
GUEST13852 To Guest39245, I can relate to your experience. I am UK citizen, currently living in Shanghai for 3 years. I have been with my Chinese girlfriend for the last year or so and we live together in downtown Shanghai. I wanted to take her back to UK for xmas just gone to meet my family and our first Visitor Visa application was turned down, apparently because they thought she just wanted access to the UK to claim benefits (even though I had to disclose my salary of £120k, which while not rich is still more than adequate not to require state handouts!) We re-applied with literally reams of paperwork to support the application, including evidence of her employment for last 4 years, evidence of her savings (I transferred RMB50k into a savings account in her name just so the authorities could see she had her own means!). Fortunately, we got the visitor visa and had the best xmas and new year with my family ever. I agree with your comment that the uk entry officers have probably been instructed by their bosses to reduce the number of visas granted - but you can probably get there if you keep trying!
Feb 7, 2008 15:12
GUESTJUDOKA I have read all posts and just want to make sure of some things. First, here is my situation. I want to marry my Chinese g/f but I am now living in the US and she is in China.

1. Will I be able to marry her while in China on a tourist visa?

2. After marriage why does it take 10 to 12 months from the time of filing for the visas (for wife to go to the US)? I would want my wife to be with me right away. I have known her for over 5 years.

3. Someone mentioned the process of marrying a chinese woman and getting her to the US legally can cost about $10,000. Is this accurate? Why so expensive?

4. Would it be easier and simpler to have her come to the US on a tourist visa (She applied and got one before) and marry her here?

Thanks guys.
Page 9 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code