Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Sep 23, 2008 11:15
GUESTMICOMYIZA put me in contact with a chinese girl to become friends
Sep 25, 2008 21:31
  • APAULT
Sir, your request is a bit abrupt! We have no info about you. Why don't you become a registered member in this site and tell us all a bit more about yourself? I have many ex-students who might be interested in 'meeting' you, but not without info, indeed, I would tell them not to without that info.

Otherwise you might like to try zongdo.com,a new facebook type of site aimed at Chinese foreign friendships.
Sep 29, 2008 13:38
GUEST49118 Well, this all sound wonderful. I have a lady I am in love with in Nanning. Smaller city, I believe.
I want to stay there. I think this would makes some of the docs unnecessary. Correct. Does anyone have any hints for this procedure? I will be going in March. I can stop in a larger city to get forms, I suppose. How would I find out if Nanning is large enough to have their own forms or offices?
Appreciate any hints.
Oct 1, 2008 05:05
GUESTJOHN anyway, do you realy like chinese? I my self didn't like because for me, they're just you know? I hate them so much....
Oct 1, 2008 10:47
  • BLUEYANKEE44
Geeze, I was married in Guangzhou. The procedures were similiar to yours.However my wife skipped a few steps,so we did not have all the documents you seem
to have had.We only needed on document from the embassy,and from there it was all no problem. The only document we needed translated was from the embassy
which had it in English.It was weird,as the person whom married us,accepted the rest of the documents in english,and skipped the translation into Chinese. It was a
fee of close to 50 yuan,and the marriage pictures cost about 300 yuan.
Oct 5, 2008 04:45
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
Hi all
I am travelling out to beijing from the uk to spend my christmas holiday with my fiance. This will be the third time this year. I am bringing her to the uk (fiance visa pending) in march after she has had spring festival with her family. I am just wondering if anyone has any advice for me,maybe things to do for official purposes,while i am there this time round? I wonder if i have to get an engagement made legally official? I had considered making a recording of my proposal to my lovely woman,for any official puposes,but it sounds so tacky. I know this may sound stupid to most of you guys out there but i have never been married before so would appreciate any form of advice. Thanks in advance :-)
Oct 5, 2008 13:01
GUEST73189 Keep all evidence of your relationship that you can. Email pictures of the two of you together so that it is dated to prove the extent of your relationship. Keep phone accounts etc etc
Oct 6, 2008 17:09
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
Thanks guest73189, that is a great tip about emailing the photos. I was wondering how we could date the photos and now we can date many of them, cheers.
We took one of us both together in front of the olympic countdown clock,we thought that would be pretty conclusive for the authorities :-) It sounds from the rest of your advice that i am already doing good, thanks again.
Oct 8, 2008 17:26
GUEST75216 Hello everybody here in this beautiful web site!
I fell in Love with a Chinese girl who made me touch the sky for almost six months now.
I asked her to meet her Family in his home town in the Countryside.
She told me that it is her Home town Customs (in Hunan) that the Groom will make first meeting gift to the family of something like over 100.000 RMB (yes: one hundred thousand!),and some fifty thousand for the close relatives,
It seems me such a crazy thing, so that it is making me grow some doubt about the honesty even of my soon Lao Po.
Does anyone here knows about these "traditions"?
Am I just too skeptical, ot is this a "weird" story only showing to me that I didn't find my Miss Right, but just a very clever and "crazy for money" girl???
I thank You in advance all the friends here who will offer to me their point of view on my letter here.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Oct 11, 2008 09:14
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
Hi Guest75216
Yeah my laope also mentioned a tradition of 10,000 to 30,000 yuan as a gift to her upon marriage. She comes from Heze,Shandong province. She only mentioned it as we were trading ideas about marriage playfully and has not insisted on it. To counter i explained that in my English tradition an engagement ring would cost around this amount. She has insisted that we do not spend so much money as we want to save as much money as we can.
As far as gifts to her parents and family go she has just told me to buy some food or something very English,but not too expensive. Trying to find some English souvenir that has not been manufactured in China is proving to be very taxxing indeed :-) Just out of interest,have you been spending lots of money in china? I ask because my laope earns 1200 yuan per month,when we were in Beijing last We were spending over 600 yuan per day,she even admitted to me that i should stop spending so much money on her as she will start to like it too much and become spoilt... god i love that woman :-) Of course i like to spend money on her but also i am totally honest about what i earn here in the uk and how we can live when she comes here.
Page 15 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code