Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Oct 12, 2008 02:12
  • FIFTYPOUNDER
Hi guest75216
I have spoke to my Laope About your situation and she tells me that this amount of money is too much for the parents and futhermore she has never heard of any such gift for the relatives either.My laope does not want to take responsibility for breaking your heart my friend but she did say that the amount of 100,000 yuan for someone living in the countryside is a vast amount of money,maybe for the richest people living in the city this would be acceptable amount.....However,i would ask if you love this woman and trust that she will come to live with you then what is that worth to you?
hope this helps some?
Oct 12, 2008 11:47
  • RANDYYING
To guest 34104
You can try getting a co-sponsor. They will go through the I-134 process just like you did. Maybe you have a family member that can help you out. Good luck to you.
Oct 15, 2008 20:28
GUEST11372 i'm tommyi would like to know i want to marry a chinses lady, with all the paper work ,is it crazy, could she get a visa to come back and we marry in the states, if we marry in china , guangzhouand if i come home alone how long untill she is able to come to the united states thank you tommy
Oct 16, 2008 01:03
  • RANDYYING
Hi Tommy,
The answer to your first question is NO.. She can not come back with you and marry you in the States. You have 2 choices. You can marry in China and file a I-130 Petition with USCIS (k-3 visa), when approved allows the spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. or You can file a I-129f fiancee Petition (k-1 visa) when approved allows the fiancee of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. to marry within 90 days of entry. Both the K-1 and K-3 interveiws at the U.S. Consulate/Embassy for a spouse/fiancee are based on an approved I-129f and have very close wait times. For my wife in 2005 it was 8 months...now your looking at 12 -14 months. Hope that answers your question.
Good Luck,
Randy
Oct 18, 2008 11:20
GUESTLEWIS24 I have a query.

Tell me if anything here would prevent our marriage.

- I am a British and Irish passport holder (dual national).
- She is Chinese.
- We have no intention living in the UK, we want to reside in China.
- We have many photographs together spanning for the past 2 years.
- We don't have a lot of money, we just want a simple life.
- We'd like to visit the UK from time to time to see my family.

Another question, is it true that after 5 years of stable marriage that I will be allowed permanent residency?

Has anyone got any advice?

Thank you.

Lewis
Oct 20, 2008 17:44
GUEST21436 How long must you be in China before you can marry, live together before marriage, or engage in pre-marital sex? Are their any regulations that dictate these circumstances or is current Chinese culture quite similar to Western culture?
Oct 21, 2008 08:37
GUEST61897 I am an indian , i want to marry with a chinese Girl . I am an adult according indian law . but I hard some where that in china need Must be 22 year . i am 21+ now , and the Girl is 23 .

can any one advise me what to do ? can i marry or not ?
Oct 21, 2008 17:52
  • JIMPANZY
So farside....how did it go?. I also married a girl from China and still waiting for her to join me in the UK.
Oct 24, 2008 01:35
GUESTDARUS i am darus from iran , my age is 44 but i am looking younger i whant marriage with very biutiful woman from china if her age between 30-40that is better
Oct 26, 2008 07:44
GUEST43249 Hello there, I'm from china and my boyfriend is from England. We wanted to get married in england when I was there, but it was too complicated, so he decided to marry me in China. He's coming to China during Christmas. What do we need to prepare now before we get married? thank you sooo much for your help.

cheers

ying
Page 16 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code