Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Nov 22, 2008 01:06
  • BOATERBB1F
This is my first post, but I just want to say that those of you who think you can bring your new wife home after you marry her in China, this just is not the way it is. I was ignorant of the facts when I got married in China more than 5 years ago. I am not trying to deter anyone from getting married in China, just be aware that as others have stated here, it is a long drawn out affair, and even when they get to the states, you still have a lot of paperwork ahead of you. As far as money is concerned, if you have a decent income you can manage it. But if you are barely scraping by as you are before this endeaver, you might consider not going there.

With all that said, I would do it over again a hundred times.I have a beautiful new life, my wife and daughter are here with me. But as others on here have said, an inter-culture/language marriage is not easy and requires a lot of love, patience and tolerance of ideas other than yours.

I have been to China 7 times now in the 5 years I have been married, attended 6 weddings in China including my own, 3 of them all Chinese and 2 of them Chinise girl and American men. It has been a great adventure.

I am willing to help with advise if someone wants it, don't know all, but some of the things I read on here tell me that many guys think they will just go to China put a woman on their arm and bring her home. Sorry, much more complicated than that, in so many ways.

Nov 22, 2008 20:33
GUEST29112 hi
i m the mbbs student in china...i m from south east asian country...i ve been here since 4 ys ago.....so my medical course is going to finish soon in china....but i ve love affaire with chinese girl since 2 yrs ago....and i want to marry with her....and also i want to live in china as chinese...is thise possible?
if so, is there anybody who can help me to proceed my way....
thnx
Nov 23, 2008 13:12
GUEST38134 Hi,
I am an Englishman resident in Spain. I want to marry my chinese girlfriend who is in China and bring her back to Spain to live with me. We are both divorced people and therefore free to marry but there are 35 years difference in age between us. We love each other very much but she fears that the Chinese government will not allow her to marry me because of the age difference. Could you help please?
Nov 23, 2008 18:47
GUEST22165 i m a indian, studying in china. i want to marry a chinese girl, can anyone tellme what are the rules and regultion for a foreigner to marry a chinese girl
Nov 29, 2008 22:46
GUEST51924 when you get a wedding doc , does it mean you are legally married
My e-mail address is hotmail.com|rosswebber
Thanks Kindly
Dec 2, 2008 01:00
GUEST58545 i am ethiopian and do u know guys the only thing i wish in this world is to have me
a chinese wife.if it is possible but if not i also love to have me a wife from USA.
Dec 5, 2008 21:34
GUEST15365 acturally I am a Chinese girl. and I am in love with an England man. I don't think you need to pay so much money to their relatives, sometimes we did that, but only thousand of money. (RMB.) be careful. to be sure she really love you but not your money.
Dec 6, 2008 19:26
I am prepared to marry a woman from HK. i have about 10 or 11 United states government forms that i have downloaded and printed. I don't know if you have tried calling the immigration office but they are impossible to reach. what papers do i need what documentation do i need. i am getting buried in forms. please help.David.
Dec 13, 2008 13:40
GUEST32115 hi how is everyone i want to know what is best i want to marry my girl in china and but she does not want to come here so should we marry?
Dec 14, 2008 11:16
  • LOUIS6589
Hello everyone!
I am a U.S. citizen, and 8 months ago my job brought me to the U.A.E. where Imet my chinese girlfriend at. We have been dating 7and a half months now, and we have lived together for over 3 months, currently she has gone back to China because I am relocating to the U.S. We Love eachother very much and have alwas talked about marriage, but now we want to make that step. What I am trying to figure out is how can i prove we have already met and actually dated and lived together in the U.A.E.? Also she is from Ji lin ( northern province) What consulate would she most likely be going to? My fiancee is older tha me by 12 years, would that differance in age be a problem? One more thing, does anyone know a method (program or site) in wich i can chat or send emails to her? my phone bill is out control! lol! But its all worth it : ) I asked her if she has Yahoo, she keeps on telling me she has a "yahoo number" and also a "ICQ number"?? Is ther any thing i can set up as far as emails or something on a chinese website? If anyone knows of any good communication ways please help me! :)
Page 18 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code