Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Dec 15, 2008 12:41
GUEST99177 you can use QQ because is very good and vey popular in China
Dec 15, 2008 23:54
  • ROB04216
David,
I was married in Beijing in Oct. of 2007. I know the process is confusing. I took copies of my birth cert., proof of my employment and income and any other papers I could think of. It will not hurt to have all of this information with you just in case things have changed. All I really needed was a certified copy of my divorce decree and my travel documents. I went to the consulate in Guangzhou, met with a woman there, she had me sign a paper that stated that I was divorced and I took an oath that I had not remarried. There was a fee for the paperwork at the consulate, 240 yuan I think. We then flew to Beijing and was married there, I gave the Priest a copy of the paper from the consulate. My wife knew some of the process there, that was a big help, if you can have your fiance contact some people there so she will have some idea of the process in China that will help you out. You will need to have your marriage registered with the Chinese government. I am not sure if the process is the same in HK but for me it was easier than I had been led to believe. Good luck to you both. It is a long and confusing process before she will be able to return to the US. Take a form I-130 with you, she will need to sign the 5 copies of that, also take an I-129F you will probably want to file one of those too. There are some other papers that you will need to bring back, a copy of your wifes birth certificate with translation for one, I would need to look through my files to find out what else I needed. These papers can not be faxed, the originals need to be filed and the Postal Service takes time. The quicker you get these forms filed the quicker your wife will be able to come here. I am 14 months in and still my Lao Po is in China, I am going back for my 5th time in Feburary. I hope you find some of this helpful. Keep me posted on your progress.

Rob
Dec 21, 2008 23:22
GUEST51924 I talk to my fiancee every day
I live in Canada and she lives in Guangzhou , China ( southern china )
She uses yahoo and I use hotmail
If she e-mails you , you will have her yahoo address to reply
Hope this helps
Dec 27, 2008 08:05
  • ADOLFOSIR
how do I find a chianese girl in egypt willing to get married in cairo
Dec 30, 2008 13:13
  • ROSSWEBBER
I live in Canada and plan to marry " Yan " when I travel to Guangzhou , China next
summer . Is there any advantage to marrying her in China or Canada or both countries
as far as her imigrating to Canada .
Thanks Kindly , Ross
Dec 30, 2008 13:25
  • ROSSWEBBER
I live in Canada and would like to send money to my future wife who lives n Guangzhou , China . What is the best way to do this ?
Thanks kindly . Ross
Dec 30, 2008 15:32
  • CANADAGUY
>>I live in Canada and plan to marry " Yan " when I travel to Guangzhou , China next
summer . Is there any advantage to marrying her in China or Canada or both countries
as far as her imigrating to Canada .

Ross, there is no 'advantage' to marrying in China or Canada as far as immigrating to Canada is concerned.
However, unless she is EXTREMELY wealthy, the chances of her coming to Canada first to get married are slim to none,

So in a nutshell, if you are planning to marry her, do it in China, and then begin the application for spousal sponsorship (not immigration, that comes later).

Dec 30, 2008 15:37
  • CANADAGUY
>>I live in Canada and would like to send money to my future wife who lives n Guangzhou , China . What is the best way to do this ? <<

Ross, have a look at this thread:
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=44655

I found that Paystone (a Canadian company) is a very good method of sending money to China.
Dec 31, 2008 12:09
  • ROSSWEBBER
Thankyou Canada Guy :
Neither one of us are rich .
Could you give us a few basic details about spousal sponsorship
Where to apply .
THE TIME IT TAKES
Cost
Much Abliged Ross
Dec 31, 2008 12:16
  • ROSSWEBBER
Yesterday I used WESTERN UNION to send money
I am hoping it goes smoothly !
I will check out your suggestion regarding the money transfer
I appreciate your help
It seems there are few canadians on this site
but the paper work is going well but SLOW .

Thankyou once again .Ross
Page 19 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code