Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Dec 31, 2008 22:59
  • CANADAGUY
>>...Could you give us a few basic details about spousal sponsorship
Where to apply ,THE TIME IT TAKES, Cost<<

Hi Ross,

You download the forms from the Govt. of Canada website.
There are many forms to fill out. It is very time-consuming.
Of course you don't send anything in until you are married.

On average it will take about one year before your wife will
obtain her visa to Canada. It could take as little as 6-7 months
if you are lucky.

I can't remember the details about the cost, but somewhere in the $500
range, maybe less.

Good luck!
Jan 1, 2009 08:31
  • ROSSWEBBER
Thankyou for your prompt reply Mr. Canada
I now have an idea of just about everyyhing I need to do in this adventure
and know that it will go well .
Best wishes in the new year !
Jan 1, 2009 13:51
  • CANADAGUY
Thanks Ross, best of luck to you and your fiance and Happy New Year!

Jan 2, 2009 05:24
  • JCC8111969
I be going to china on the 25 of January of 09 to marry My girl there. She lives in Canton china Guangzhou. What I want to know is where do I get this Affidavit Of Marital Status at. I have a short time and need to get all the paper work done in and hand before the 25 of January. Can someone help Me please and once I there in China where at in Guangzhou I marry her at
Jan 10, 2009 10:53
GUEST07208 HELP US male to marry his Chinese GZ future wife and mother of our children

I am in an email courtship with a Chinese woman from GZ. Any advice that would help the process go smoothly and quickly would be a godsend. We are both anxious to start having babies right away as both our biological clocks are ticking . No previous marriages and no children between us. Whatever course gets us married quickest we are seeking. She is in her thirties and I in my forties.
Also having trouble setting up an IM with her as the .net passport missing keeps arising , I also want to set up video cam.

thank you

Jim
Jan 10, 2009 10:57
GUEST07208 Please tell me how to do the fiancee visa, that is the fastest, yes?

Greatful
Jan 15, 2009 22:08
GUEST42132 Hey Everyone,

Lots of great info here. Well it's looks like I'm in the same boat as most of you. I have fallen for a Chinese girl. The correspondence has been great and I feel we must meet soon I've been trying to take in an awful lot of info and I'm confused. I've never traveled abroad before. We want to get married here in the US when the day comes. I understand I need to make at least a couple of trips. The initial trip to actually meet and see if our true love is true and meet her family. Also to have all the pics taken of us together and any paperwork that could be possibly taken care of on the first trip. Right now my question is for the first trip as far as Visa's go. How fast can you get one to just to visit her? My concern would be to do this in the most proficient manner for time and money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Danny
Jan 16, 2009 18:29
  • CANADAGUY
>I understand I need to make at least a couple of trips. The initial trip to actually meet and see if our true love is true and meet her family. Also to have all the pics taken of us together and any paperwork that could be possibly taken care of on the first trip. Right now my question is for the first trip as far as Visa's go. How fast can you get one to just to visit her? My concern would be to do this in the most proficient manner for time and money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<

Danny, two trips to China aren't required, to bring her to the U.S. but it certainly wouldn't hurt and is probably the best way to go in the long run.
You can get a visa to China very quickly, a matter of a week or two. They also have rush visas where you can get one in a matter of days, but you pay extra for that.

You're looking too far ahead for the moment. Just plan your first trip and see how it goes.
If it goes well, then plan you next steps.

If you both do fall in love, and hope to bring her over to the U.S., expect to wait at least a year before she arrives, either with a fiance visa or as your wife.
Jan 16, 2009 22:13
GUEST42132 Thanks Canadaguy,

She told me today that the best way is for us to get married is there. She would get a "Spouse Visa" and that two friends who got their "fiance visas rejected. Of course that's with everything else we need and then go to her home town (500 miles). I think she is being awfully optimistic. All of my docs have to be translated into chinese and even at dbl cost that takes ten days. She wants to do this all in one trip. Which is fine with me. But from what I've read I didn't think we could do things this fast. I can only travel in 12 day stints. She thinks we can do all this in 2 days and have a 10 day honeymoon. LOL! Do you know if she can get a spouse visa that fast? Part of her reasoning is that we could get married on Valentine's Day. The anticipation is killing me so I wouldn't mind getting all this behind us. Not the wedding, just all the documentation stuff and finally getting to see her. Would I need to have a physical or anything? Thanks again. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice.
Jan 17, 2009 15:13
  • CANADAGUY
Danny,

I wouldn't say the 'best way', but certainly the quickest way of bringing over your wife-to-be to the U.S would be to go to China and marry her there.

>She thinks we can do all this in 2 days and have a 10 day honeymoon. LOL! Do you know if she can get a spouse visa that fast? <

You are mixing up two separate issues here Danny. Yes, if you work out everything in advance, it is possible to get married in 2 days, but plan on it taking a few more days than that.

Getting married is the easy part. The much harder part is getting the spouse visa after that! Although it is almost guaranteed that she will eventually get it, you must be prepared to wait at least one year until everything is processed by your government in the U.S..

You wouldn't need a physical to marry her.

The above is what you can realistically expect. Having said that, take one step at a time. Go to China, make sure you are both right for each other. Don't feel pressured to get married when you are there.
Marry only if you both feel it is right. Then begin the spouse visa application.
Page 20 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code