Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
May 19, 2009 13:38
GUEST12275 Can I get marry to a Chinese woman with one month tourist visa?
May 19, 2009 20:47
  • CANADAGUY
Sure you can.
May 22, 2009 18:35
GUEST87917 My name is John, I've been making plans to marry a Lady from Zhongshan/Guangdong, she has two young children that would like come to the USA. I've read a few of your blocks of advice which have been very helpful. How much more complicated will it be for me to bring the entire family as one unit? I've explained to YuKui, that having the family together is what I want also but, what steps should I prepare for? I'm a disabled Vet, and the VA will support me with an increase in pension and housing, beyond this I'm lost as to what to dooooo! Please help, Mr John G Sanchez, netzero.net|nmnativejjj.
May 23, 2009 07:31
  • RANDYYING
Hi John

Need some more information. How old are the children? Do you plan to marry in China or the U.S.?

Randy
Jun 6, 2009 12:36
GUEST42136
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST12275

Can I get marry to a Chinese woman with one month tourist visa?

I got married in the US to a Chinese woman on a business visa.
While we were courting, she applied for an extension to the business visa, sponsored by the company that sponsored her initial visa. This gave her 6 months because of delays at INS (10 years ago-surprised if they are prompt now). The only restriction was she couldn't leave the US until it was approved.
During this extension period we got married, and immediately applied for a change in status for her. Again, she was fine so long as she didn't leave the US prior to the change in status being approved.
This was FAR better than marrying in China and then waiting for her to come.
We will soon celebrate 11 years of marriage.
Jun 6, 2009 12:41
GUESTBROKEN ... hello concern people pls aswer me ... iam a filipina married my husdband working at hangzhou china were not divore were legally married here in philippines but recently i got news that may husbund married in chinese woman and they have son ... please give some advise regarding this situation....
Jun 22, 2009 23:00
GUESTTOM I have not been to China yet I plan to visit my lady in October and stay for about a month. If things go well I would want to be married to her. What paper work do I need to take with me? in case we want to marry. Can she come back with me to visit if we are not married yet? What branch of the government do I need to go to in order to start the process?
Jun 23, 2009 23:16
  • RANDYYING
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTTOM View Post

I have not been to China yet I plan to visit my lady in October and stay for about a month. If things go well I would want to be married to her. What paper work do I need to take with me? in case we want to marry. Can she come back with me to visit if we are not married yet? What branch of the government do I need to go to in order to start the pro...
Hi Tom
There are many details to the questions you have so here I will give you some short answers. For paperwork, you'll need to prove your single. This is done with an Affidavit of Single form. This form will be notarized first by your Clerk of Courts, then authenticated by your states Secretary of State, then authenticated by the Chinese Consulate/Embassy that has jurisdiction over your residence. To save waiting time for your spouse to arrive in the U.S. you should take (1) form I-129 and have your spouse fill-out question #16 in her Chinese character along with (2) sets of G-325A forms. These forms will require both your and your spouse's signatures.
For your question can she come back to visit if your not married yet? Well, yes and no. She could come on a tourist visa but sometimes these take as long as a family visa if she can even get a tourist visa. Or if you get married or marry here in the US you can sponsor her on a K3 or K1 Visa. After your I-129 is approved she will be called in for an interview at the US Consulate in China. If approved she can enter the US. K3 marriage visas are good for 2 years, K1 fiancee visas you must marry with-in 90 days and file for a Conditional Resident Card.
For your question on what branch of government? Do you mean in China? If so, You and your fiancee will go to the Chinese Marriage Bureau that has jurisdiction over her place of residence. Before you do that you will need to have your English documents translated to Chinese. This is done at the Chinese Civil Affairs Office. I have a report to help US Citizens with bringing a spouse or fiancee to the United States at my website: www.chinamarriage101.com. There you will get more details then what I can tell you on the forum. This will help you prepare in advance. Good luck to you.

Randy Marsh
chinamarriage101.com
Jun 29, 2009 19:45
GUEST68010 I am a teacher in China. One of my colleagues, who is Canadian aged 72, married a Chinese woman around 6 months ago. The marriage took place in China and was therefore a legal Chinese wedding. He has just been told he cannot be issued with a new Residence Permit on account of his age - the legal maximum age being 65. He clams that if he cannot resolve the visa problem or get another job with an employer who can fix it, he will have to leave the Country, effectively ending his marriage. My understanding is that once a foreigner marries a Chinese, he has legal right of residence for as long as the marriage remains intact, regardless of his employment status (i.e. whether he is employed or not).

Can anyone give simple advice on this particular issue, please?

Don
Jul 16, 2009 13:05
GUEST59114 it seems many people marry chinese wife! great site
Page 26 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code