Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Sep 20, 2009 17:12
GUEST52176 Wow. great site with lots of info. however I am more confused than ever now. One guy suggested getting to know the legalities of your own country. i have seen many different "opinions" on here about how to marry a chinese woman and I think the legality suggestion has been the best. Laws always change. Personal experiences do not. I have been researching the laws and what papers I need. And it seems to come down to whether to marry in China and hope for the best quickest relocation or bring her to America and marry there.

I have met my soul mate who is from Shenyang. Does anyone on here have experience with that city or province directly? I have seen lots of Guanchjung or something like that (no disrespect intended) on here but what about Shenyang area?

I go to visit my love there in February for first meet and possibly marriage there. I realize I will probably not be able to bring her back to US right away. But want to as soon as possible.

Suggestions anyone with experience in Shenyang?

Sep 23, 2009 23:09
  • ROSSWEBBER
Hello Canadaguy ,
I am in Guangzhou as I write this letter . I have married Yan and now will travel to Hongkong to start the sponsorship papers. We have 2 children ,Lily 13 and Ziphend 15 . They are fabulous . All is good here , I hope the same for you . Thanks again for your help earlier . I arrived here Sept.09 and will return to Canada October 08
If there is anything you think I should know to help the paper work go smoothly , please let me know . In the past year I have learned to just move forward and things seem to work out just fine .
Hope to hear from you , Ross A. Webber

Sep 27, 2009 14:35
GUEST04136 My brother has been planning on marrying a chinese gal. He knows about the paperwork and interview stuff but he said his girlfriend said he has to have $18,600 in the bank before he can marry her. Is that true?
Oct 1, 2009 12:17
  • RANDYYING
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST04136

My brother has been planning on marrying a chinese gal. He knows about the paperwork and interview stuff but he said his girlfriend said he has to have GUEST041368,600 in the bank before he can marry her. Is that true?

The answer is no. I think she means to say the minimum income requirement. For example: the 48 States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam 125% of the Poverty Guideline for Form I-864 is (2) $18,212. For Alaska $22,762, and for Hawaii $20,950. These figures are in effect until spring of 2010.

Randy
Oct 2, 2009 03:59
Here in the UK there is no such limit of money in the bank required, all you have to prove is you can support your wife until she is allowed to get a work permit which is about three months.
I have checked this with a friend who works for The UK Border Agency as my wife is preparing her application to join me.

Alan
Oct 2, 2009 14:07
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST42136 View Post

I got married in the US to a Chinese woman on a business visa.
While we were courting, she applied for an extension to the business visa, sponsored by the company that sponsored her initial visa. This gave her 6 months because of delays at INS (10 ....
This was FAR better than marrying in China and then waiting for her to come.
We...

Randy did you catch this reply soon after you and I wrote our comments?

Oct 2, 2009 14:13
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROSSWEBBER View Post

Hello Canadaguy ,
I am in Guangzhou as I write this letter . I have married Yan and now will travel to Hongkong to start the sponsorship papers. ... I arrived here Sept.09 and will return to Canada October 08
If there is anything you think I should know to help the paper work go smoothly , please let me know . In the past year I have learne...

Hi Ross,

I'm glad to hear everything has worked out well for you and your wife!
The only thing I would advise as far as the paperwork is concerned, is to get in touch with your MP in Canada when you return home.
Processing times can be anywhere from 5 months to well over a year.
MP's do have the power to speed things up. But I would wait until the 5-6 month period has passed before you do that.

Best,

CG

Oct 7, 2009 04:37
  • ROSSWEBBER
Okee Dokee
Thanks again
Later Ross
Oct 11, 2009 13:26
  • RANDYYING
Quote:

Originally Posted by CANADAGUY

Randy did you catch this reply soon after you and I wrote our comments?

Hello Canadaguy,

I just saw your comment to me. After going back to read the post you mentioned I see that this person married a Chinese lady in the U.S. while she was here on a business visa. In that case it worked out for them because her "intent" when coming to the U.S. was not to marry and she was able to prove it. If, on the other hand she would of entered the U.S. on a business visa or any other temporary visa such as a tourist visa with the "intent" to marry and live permanently in the U.S. she will have committed visa fraud.

What does bothers me is this guy stated that this is much better then getting married in China and waiting for her to get a visa. That my friend could be some really bad advice if for someone that has had any contact with the person they wish to marry. Again, if you pose as a tourist with the intention of marriage and living permanently in the United States you will have committed visa fraud and you could lose the right to obtain your Permanent Resident Card.
Oct 30, 2009 21:27
GUESTFRANKIE This Muslim guy must be joking, he's already married and he wants another women. Dude grow up and study your religion it's people like you that give Muslims a bad name, if you are truly a believer in Islam you wouldn't be shopping around the WWW looking for another "Wife". In Islam there are only a few "Good" reason(s) to marry a second, third, or fourth wife. If you had study Islam you would have know that. Please don't come into this forum playing games with People's Lives. Peace.. Yes I love Pizza; lol
Page 29 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code