Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Mar 9, 2010 18:01
GUEST28213 OH, one more thing

Why marry in China????? k-1 visa is very fast , K-3 visa is much slower.
Mar 9, 2010 18:03
GUEST28213 Charlie again. slow down. this process is slow. this will test you and your chinese womans commitment, SLOW DOWN. be carefull. i have been to Beijing many times. this would not be my city to choose awife.
Mar 12, 2010 00:00
GUEST22325 Alright so here is the situation. I meet the girl that i plan to marry while she was here in the U.S studying, but she had to go back to china to finish school. we are still together though and i want to go to china because she wants to get married in china first. the questions i have is first would it be better for us to work on getting married here in america first then try to go to china and get married? Also what process would i need to complete to go to china and get married to her then bring her back the the U.S.?
Mar 12, 2010 08:17
GUEST16170 I need a chinese woman to marry how can i get some I have all the document proving that I am single.
Mar 14, 2010 12:37
GUEST17197 It would be faster, with less paperwork, to bring her to the US on a K-1 visa (about 8 month wait), good for 90 days. If you marry her within the 90 day period, and apply for a green card before the day written on her I-94 stub attached to her passport, she will be able to stay in the US until her case concludes (8 months or more). But don't wait for the 91st day to apply, or she will overstay her visa and probably be denied.
USCIS will accept a civil wedding and even a Las Vegas wedding.
Later, you can go to China and have a traditional wedding if you so desire.
Hope this clears up some confusion.
Mar 19, 2010 20:33
GUEST19214 YOU ARE LUCKY BCOS U HAVE ONE SO JUST PRAY BEFORE ANYTHING, I PETER ALSO WANT TO FROM USA BASE GIRL,Email yahoo.com|ejimn4real.
Mar 22, 2010 11:01
  • RANDYYING
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST28213

OH, one more thing

Why marry in China????? k-1 visa is very fast , K-3 visa is much slower.

After my Chinese spouse entered the U.S. on a K-3 visa in just 8 months after filing my first paperwork and.... on the subject of what is quicker the K-1 or K-3, I see them as being equal and here's why...

The Life Act and Amendments of 2000

In years past it always took longer to get a spouse to the U.S. on
a immigrant visa than to bring them here on a fiance visa and marry within 90 days. That changed years ago.

(USCIS) recognized the problem and corrected it under the Life
Act and Amendments of 2000 by allowing a U.S. citizen who marries overseas to file an I-130 Petition with the additional use of the I-129f Petition,(K3). This is the same Petition a U.S. citizen uses for a fiancee and is now sometimes referred to by many when used with the I-130 as a spouse/fiancee Petition.

Both the K-1 and K-3 interviews at the U.S. Consulate/Embassy for the foreign spouse or fiancée are based on an approved I-129f Petition.

Randy and Xiaoying
Married in Nanning, China
Our blog:http://chinesemarriageusa.com
Mar 26, 2010 14:32
GUEST17918 hi be very careful make sure she does not want to marry you just so she can leave the country.bro i thought i could trust my wife then i found out she spoinsered her son two years of being in toronto.chinese people are sneaky from one hurt guy to another be careful
Apr 30, 2010 04:09
GUESTMCAN Hello everyone, I met my fiance while at school in Thailand. I am from the USA and she is from China. We recently found that she is 9 weeks pregnant. We want to get married in China and I move back to USA to work and she stays in China during the pregnancy. Can we still get married if she is pregnant? or is this against China law?
May 1, 2010 08:37
  • DODGER
GUESTMCAN, it is not against the law to marry in China if the woman is pregnant.
A man I know had a similar experience and no problem.
Dodger.
Page 32 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code