Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Aug 2, 2012 02:24
GUEST22810 I am an Indian student studying in my final year MBBS in GZ. i have been with my girl friend for the last 2 years and we are looking forward to marry. can anybody tell me if it is possible that after marriage i take her to India and get her an Indian Citizenship? or we have to stay in China (which i really don't want to)? what will be the process in that case? should the marriage take place in China or India?

thanks for all
Aug 5, 2012 01:38
GUEST67903
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST22810 View Post

I am an Indian student studying in my final year MBBS in GZ. i have been with my girl friend for the last 2 years and we are looking forward to marry. can anybody tell me if it is possible that after marriage i take her to India and get her an Indian Citizenship? or we have to stay in China (which i really don't want to)? what will be the process ...

I think you should consult with your government on this issue. If your wife immigrates to India, she will become an Indian. Naturally, she will lose her Chinese citizenship.
Aug 10, 2012 03:18
GUEST82208 Hey,

I married my Chinese partner last week, 1st August 2012.
I'm a British citizen and I thought we could get the Marriage Certificate in Guangzhou but they have changed the rules. You now have to go to your partner's hometown, i.e. the city they are registered in, to get the certificate. They new rules went into action on the very day we went to get married!

You can read more details on my blog, I've included pinyin and characters of the type of places you'll need to go.

http://writingmywaythere.tumblr.com/

I hope my manic running around last week can benefit others! LOL
Aug 12, 2012 21:29
GUEST11162
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST40140

I am a man of 45 years old.

I want to find a a Chinese girl of aged 25 years who can speak and write in English for marriage.

The girl must accept Islam before marriage.
SHE has to agree to live a life with HUSBAND in the REP OF MALDIVES AND to assist running his business.

poor chinese girl, i feel sorry about her...
Aug 14, 2012 02:37
GUEST21179 Our situation was simple: I (retired US citizen living in Shenzhen) went to the US consulate in Guangzhou with the required affidavit (downloaded from the consulate's website), passport, and cash to pay the $50 fee. I also took a certified copy of the divorce decree from my previous marriage, but no one asked to see it. After paying the fee, I swore under oath that everything in the affidavit was true. The official signed it, gave it to me and said, "Congratulations!" I took the affidavit downstairs to one of the many translation companies, paid 100 RMB for a certified copy translated into English, and returned to Shenzhen with my mission fully accomplished.

To obtain the marriage license, my fiancee and I took all of our required paperwork (not all that much, actually) to the marriage registration office in Shenzhen, filled out the required forms at the office, signed them and put our index finger prints on them, paid the 9 RMB fee, and received our license. Since we'll continue to live in Shenzhen, we're done!

The longest part of the process is getting your documents in order so, depending on where you live, allow sufficient time for that. Once the paperwork is in order, both the marriageability certificate and the marriage license can be obtained on the same day, assuming you get the earliest possible appointment at the consulate and can then get to the marriage license office that has jurisdiction over the fiancee's residence in the afternoon.

Aug 18, 2012 07:09
GUEST42146 Hi all..

I am indian guy n my g/f is indonesian... we had plan 2 get marry by next year but wat document are needs.. 2 get my g/f settle wit me at malaysia...can anybody guide.
Aug 18, 2012 22:12
GUEST46943
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST42146

Hi all..

I am indian guy n my g/f is indonesian... we had plan 2 get marry by next year but wat document are needs.. 2 get my g/f settle wit me at malaysia...can anybody guide.

It's too complicated. First, you two have to get married and then settle down in Malaysia, right? Discuss with your girlfriend where you two plan to get married. If in India, you'd better consult with your local government for international marriage issue. If in Malaysia, ask your girlfriend to consult with her local government on this issue.

Aug 28, 2012 05:16
GUEST97887 I have a same situation as you. The man I married for 28 years. I worked hard to support him to have all fortune back. Finally, he abandons the family, his daughter and son as well as the wife with him for all difficult time together. He married with a woman who is a prostitute and two years younger than his daughter. He is 53 and the woman is 25. They just married and have a 6 years old daughter and new born baby boy together. This woman knows he is married with children. They need a meal ticket. I do not know why those women in china who likes to destroy the others' family.
Aug 30, 2012 08:42
GUEST54158 I meet a women in Hunan. We have talked for a long time.I will come there next month.We have talked about getting engaged, we have been on chat and talked on the phone many times. She has told her parents about us and i shall meet them soon. Any suggestions on meeting the parents .Little nervous.Also she has mentioned that if we are to get engaged.That we will have a large engagement party.Is this common in China.How long is the process to marry her.I mean we have to prepare for a engagment party, marriage ,then apply for a marrige visa.This seems like a long time .Any advice
Aug 31, 2012 04:55
  • ENID
Hi above, it is uncommon to hold a large engagement party for engagement, but Chinese have tradition to have an "official lunch" with all relatives on that very day, with a simple engagement ceremony. You can enter China with an L visa. Marriage registration is simple as well if you have all required documents.
Page 51 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code