Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Nov 13, 2007 15:21
GUEST15042 hey m8 i am thinking of getting married in china, is it realy that easy ? if u could let me know the in and out s m8? pm me on yahoo the_celt_2002 cheers
Nov 19, 2007 01:47
GUEST22046 You are welcome to MarryaChinese.com, we will help you with our professional knowledge.
Nov 20, 2007 10:17
GUEST49203 I am 44 can I marry a 20 year old or is that not allowed?
Nov 21, 2007 09:39
  • MICKKINCHINA
Hi im mick! meeting the special woman that we are all looking for is very difficult in life but when you meet her you just know! I met my Lao Po in Shanghai 02 /2006 since then I have never looked back, she is the most wonderful thing in my life, since then I got my working visa for china, a driving licence, I got married, bought an apartment, and now we are having a child. This may all seem very fast to some people! but when you feel a feeling unlike no other it makes all the red tape well worth while. When you set out to do any of the above just stick to it and most important! just do it yourself! Its not difficult at all! and too many people benifit from others that think it is too hard or difficult to do.
Good Luck to everyone that wants to change there life FOR LIFE.
Nov 21, 2007 10:35
GUEST83147 I plan to marry a Chinese woman in January. I have had a difficult time finding accurate information on the process. This thread has been very helpful with up to date info, but I still have one question. I just got off the phone with the Chinese Consulate in NY. They said a physial exam (performed in China) was necessary. But several posts in this thread state that the physical exam is no longer necessary. The Chinese .gov website still lists an exam as necessary, but the page is dated 2005. Can anyone who has recently married a Chinese woman in China verify whether blood test/physical exam is necessary? It would be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Nov 23, 2007 17:13
  • MICKKINCHINA
Hi 83147
All I can tell you is what I know!! I was married in china earlier this year, there is or was no medical requirement. I hope this helps you to put your mind at rest.
Nov 24, 2007 08:34
  • CARLOS

I married in China Aug. this year, all I needed was a non-married certificate and passport. No medical questions whatsoever.

Mick,
You are absolutely right in reply #54. All the best for You and Your lao po in future.

Carlos
Nov 24, 2007 09:46
  • BALANCE

The folks on this site seem pretty knowledgeable about these matters. I have a couple of K-1 visa questions I am trying to sort out.

Any opinions of the necessity or usefulness of hiring a lawyer or other professional services to help with the paperwork (for a K-1 visa)? I've seen some lawyer web sites that stress folks who have made mistakes in their application process and how this made their lives miserable, but I don't know if this is a rare occurrence used to promote their business. From posts here, it sounds like the U.S govt. is making this process ever more difficult. The expenses involved, just the travel alone, can be a bit daunting. I am pretty detail oriented, so I feel like I can probably handle it, but I don't want to risk us not being together to save some money, if a lawyer or service is something that I likely need for the process to be successful.

Another question I am grappling with is when to submit the I-129F form. I am going to China for my second visit with my lovely intended in January '08.(my first visit, where I met her was in Oct. '07). Should I wait until after my second visit to submit it, when I'll have more proof of a serious ongoing relationship? I want to maximize the chances of the form being accepted, but I also don't want to delay the process unnecessarily, and have to wait that much longer to be together. Thanks in advance for any input.

Nov 24, 2007 10:53
  • MICKKINCHINA
Hi Carlos, (#57) you are completely correct it is a very quick and simple process! Congratulations and good luck in your future together.
Sorry Balance (#58) I don’t know anything about the process for American applicants, but it seems like the process takes much longer, regarding the second visit! I would imagine that it’s the same for any embassy; they need to see that your application is a genuine case, so the more actual contact and time you can spend together! The better it is. It certainly will not do your application any harm.
I hope and look forward to hearing other people’s views on this subject
Regards Michael
Nov 26, 2007 15:14
GUEST13027 Hi Joe
I too am marrying a chinese woman in the new year.
I live in the UK and that where we plan to live,can you give me any advice on immigration/paperwork required
regards
Bob
Page 6 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code