Menu
From Guangzhou to Hainan
May 19, 2011 14:08
GUEST24132 Hi Ellyse.
I'm going to a university in Fuzhou for two weeks with 3 friends in late september/start October 2011. After that we would like to travel to Guilin and then Sanya. Is it possible to take a flight from Fuzhou to Guilin and then a train from there to Sanya?

Kind regards
Anja
May 19, 2011 21:14
  • BL2022
There are flights from Fuzhou to both Guilin and Sanya. The one to Sanya is cheaper right now.

THere is no direct train traveling between Guilin and Sanya. You need to make a transfer at Suining (遂宁)or Maoming (茂名). You could search the train info at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/
Another way to travel between Guilin and Sanya is by long-distance bus (21 hours) or by air.
Sep 23, 2011 04:42
GUESTVIVIEN LEE got any bus or train from shenzen to hainan ? can u give me the time table?
Sep 23, 2011 21:17
GUEST7844 [quote=GUESTVIVIEN LEE,443662]got any bus or train from shenzen to hainan ? can u give me the time table?[/quote]

Hainan is a Province. Are you going to Sanya or Haikou?
Oct 30, 2011 22:39
GUESTNASH
Can you tell me if the train station at Haikou where we will take off
is located at the centre of Haikou ?

Also the train schedule from Guangzhou to Haikou is on daily basis
and if can get the ticket at Guangzhou East terminal or any place else ?

Thanks
Oct 31, 2011 01:54
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTNASH

Can you tell me if the train station at Haikou where we will take off
is located at the centre of Haikou ?

Also the train schedule from Guangzhou to Haikou is on daily basis
and if can get the ticket at Guangzhou East terminal or any place else ?

Thanks

There are more than one railway stations in Haikou. Which one will you depart from?
The current trains running from Guangzhou to Haikou are all on daily basis. You can get the ticket at any of the railway stations in Guangzhou or the ticket windows.
Nov 17, 2011 20:34
GUESTSIMP-SON Hi Ellyse,

I will be in Guangzhou from April 15,2012 and will travel to Haikou on April 20 and return to Guangzhou on April 27,2012.

I would like to know if I take a train from Guangzhou to Haikou, which station in Guangzhou should I board the train from? Can I buy the soft sleeper tickets there?

How many stations will the train passes by and stops on the way to Haikou. I was hoping to get down at some stops to do some sight seeing.

Does the train travels direct across the sea to Haikou or is there a ferry I have to take.
Nov 17, 2011 21:31
GUEST27890 [quote=GUESTSIMP-SON,449614]Hi Ellyse,

I will be in Guangzhou from April 15,2012 and will travel to Haikou on April 20 and return to Guangzhou on April 27,2012.

I would like to know if I take a train from Guangzhou to Haikou, which station in Guangzhou should I board the train from? Can I buy the soft sleeper tickets there?

How many stations will the train passes by and stops on the way to Haikou. I was hoping to get down at some stops to do some sight seeing.

Does the train travels direct across the sea to Haikou or is there a ferry I have to take.[/quote]

You need to board on the train at the Guangzhou Railway Station. I suggest you buy the ticket in advance to ensure that you can get the soft sleeper. There are 8 stops between Guangzhou and Haikou. I am afraid that you don't have time to do sightseeing when the train stops. The train just stops several minutes.

You needn't take ferry to cross the sea because the train will be carried on the ship to Haikou.
Nov 17, 2011 22:05
GUEST97826 I meant , can I buy a ticket from Guangzhou to one of the eight stops and then spend a night and continue to Haikou again the next day ?
Nov 18, 2011 00:10
GUEST2347
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST97826

I meant , can I buy a ticket from Guangzhou to one of the eight stops and then spend a night and continue to Haikou again the next day ?

Then you need to buy another train ticket at the stop where you stopped if you want to get to Haikou.
Page 5 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: From Guangzhou to Hainan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code