Menu
Top 10 military nations
Jul 27, 2009 23:21
  • ALECESNE
I suppose it really depends on what condition you require for "win"
If a war is never fought because unequal capabilities make one party avoid an official war, does it count as a "win" ?

Also, so long as the global supply chains remain unbroken, the nations with large militaries are probably the "winners" of the game they are investing so much in playing. Perhaps the real losers are those unable to dictate any of the terms of power, who are being brought into the global economy through coercion and indoctrination.

Back to the topic of largest militaries, however, I want to ask if we're comparing total capabilities or simply size?
Aug 4, 2009 01:09
GUEST98430 bull shit in your opinion,,
Aug 7, 2009 06:35
GUEST52134 The True List goes like that,COMBAT POWER ALONG WITH NUCLEAR NUKES

1. USA
2. CHINA
3. ISRAEL
4. RUSSIA
5. INDIA
6. UK
7. FRANCE
8. NORTH KOREA
9. PAKISTAN
10.TURKEY
Aug 7, 2009 10:11
GUEST23558 Not as mush as Britain. :)
Aug 17, 2009 08:10
GUEST73527 lol, you cant spell either dumass!
Aug 21, 2009 07:28
GUEST19425 Fixdeluxe1:
I personally think you can not rank the "top 10" militarys of the world.So many different things to consider,budget,technology,training,prepardness,numbers,geography & location,politics,morale,WMD's etc.
But according to all the data and reasearch I have done I would give a list but in no particular order just all the nations/countries that would make the list:

USA
Peoples Rebublic Of China
Germany
United Kingdom
DPRK
South Korea
Vietnam
India
Israel
Russia

Respective others who may be eligible as well:
France
Australia
Japan
Italy
Egypt
Iran
Syria
Turkey
Aug 22, 2009 14:34
GUEST94255 If the list simply considers which country will win against all the other country home and abroad in a strictly conventional & not a nuclear(WMD) or insurgent warfare, and is ranked as number one & so on, then at this moment the top ten should look like this,

1. USA (Extremely tough, will have to suffer high level of all type of casualties, but not absolutely impossible to defeat the Russians in Russia as well as defending them successfully at USA, since the current Russian military is comparatively backdated & only a faded image of the mighty USSR.)

2. Russia (But still a little ahead than the rest)

3. UK (Have bases and potential to deploy force the world over)

4. France (Marginally behind, otherwise same as above)

5. China (Largest in number of military personnel, rapidly acquiring plus developing better technologies. When it will develop the means to deploy its forces all over the world quickly China will climb to Rank 2 ahead of Russia and strongly challenge the USA. In the current situation this should happen before 2020.)

6-10 are mainly European nations such as Germany and also Israel, the 2 Koreas, Japan, Turkey, Canada, Australia, Brazil. (Nothing much to differentiate between them)

The likes of Indian and Pakistanis should not be considered at all as they have only numbers and nothing else in terms of good technology or overseas capabilities. They are only local/regional military.
Aug 24, 2009 03:11
GUEST54165 My list by combat power,numbers,funding and bundget,morale and willingess to fight,logistics,range,communications,Strategical and Tactical Competence,training,equipment,technology,politics etc.Top Ten in order everything ELSE IS NOT IN ORDER JUST DUMPED

1.United States Of America(Exellent technology,Good Funding,Low Public Support,Large Numbers,Good Training & OK Discipline)
2.Peoples Rebublic Of China(Large numbers,OK Technology,OK Funding,Exellent Public Support,Discipline and Sun Tzu)
3.Russian Federation(Bad funding,Cold-War era technology,Bad public support,Large Numbers,Poor Discipline But High Pride and Rich Tradition)
4.Rebublic Of India(Large Numbers,Poor Funding,OK technology,Bad Public Support)
5.Israel(Good Morale,Well equiped,Good Technology,Zionisim,Ready and prepared,Exellent Public Support,Bad economey)
6.Federal Rebublic Of Germany(Exellent technology,Great Economy,Small in Numbers,Well Equiped,Great Training,Ok Public Support,Erwin Rommel)
7.United Kingdom(Small,Good Economy,Exellent Training,Professionalsim,Tradition,OK Funding,The Queen,Monty)
8.Islamic Rebublic of Iran(Large Numbers,Poor technology but upgrading,Good Public Support,Isolated)
9.Rebublic Of France(Small,Good Training,Napoleon,Ok Technolgy,A few Nukes,Wine,North Africans,FAMAS Rifle)
10.The Taleban(Poor Soviet and Chinese Weapons,Insurgency/Guerilla Warfare,Stealth and Ambush/Hit & Run Tactics)
11.Vietnam(Beat back the americans,Quite Big,Poor Weaponry But I will put it in anyway)
12.Syria(Relies On Iran,Next to iraq,French technology and weaponry)
13.Australia(Small,Well Trained,High Morale,Outback,Abo's,Kangaroos,Copied SAS,Bad politics and OK Funding)
14.Indonesia(Large,Undisciplined,Deals with militancy & Terrorisim,Islamic in south east asia,Poor Funding & Bad Public Support)
15.Turkish Rebulic(Long Traditon & Experience,Defeated Britsh Empires Finest At gallipoli)
16.Somali ICU(Well armed,NO DISCIPLINE,Well Funded from piracy,Lawlesness,Slaugtered US Army Rangers,A Navy SEAL & Delta Force during 1993)
17.IRA(Well Trained,Well Armed,Tenacious,Kicked the british up the ass,Peacefully Disarmed/Disbandened Not Defeated,International Support)
19.South Korea(Medium Size,Well Funded,Good Public Support,First Line of defence Against North Kore etc)
20.Fijian Army(ABSOULTLEY TINY only 4500 Servicmen throughout the forces,1 Aeroplane for Search and Rescue,Always Staging Coup's)
Sep 6, 2009 02:12
  • NEO888
First of all I would like to tell you guys that people obviously get emotional about this topic as it is regarding the military power and honor of their country and I would like to share my honest opinion with you guys

This is an honest opinion and please do share with me your views

1.USA

2.CHINA

3.RUSSIA

4.FRANCE

5.GERMANY

6.UK

7.INDIA

8.ISRAEL

9.JAPAN

10.SOUTH KOREA

explanation:

I am an indian and I do love to see India at number 4 and feel proud but unfortunately thats not the case ,we are at number 7.

France is very under rated and the size of the military does not mean that it is not strong and yes they are stronger than even the might large indian army(remember numbers aren't everything)

Please feel free to ask me anything.
Sep 7, 2009 01:56
GUESTVIKRAM 1 USA
2 China
3 India
Page 18 of 21    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Top 10 military nations
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code