Menu
What is the most beautiful city in China?
Feb 19, 2008 01:23
  • DAVEC
I will be going to Guilin an 2 months, I will check it out
Feb 19, 2008 12:28
  • GRIZ326
I am just back from my Spring Festival trip and did not find Guilin itself to be very beautiful, however, the surroundings are spectacular. Nanning is wonderfully clean for a large city. But the most beautiful "city" scene that I saw this trip was in a village outside of Guilin where the old community was totally surrounded by agricultural fields with the karst mountains as a backdrop.
Feb 24, 2008 06:02
  • DAVEC
That is what I am hoping for when I go there. I am not so much interested in Guilin itself or any river trips but will travel around to the smaller towns such as Xingping plus go bit further north and see the terraced rice fields.

By the way, anyone living in this area that has time to show me around?
Apr 14, 2009 17:47
GUEST49149
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

I have just been watching CCTV 9 and it has an advertisement saying Hangzhou is the most beautiful city in China, do you agree, is it the best or is anywhere else considered better?
Thank you, I think it is ture
May 22, 2009 05:34
  • JOSHIRV57
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Just what is beautiful,more than a cities people.If you are
always looking for beauty and overlook its people,then anything you see,is false.Just how do you expect to define which city is more beautiful,if you never live in China to find out,and only rely on your visits,which are inadaquate.It depends on what you see as beautiful to you.If the scenery is all you see,and forget the people,then there is no beautiful city.
May 25, 2009 02:31
  • HONEY
haha , maybe chengdu is not the most beautiful city. but i am sure its the most relaxed city in china.
May 25, 2009 23:00
  • WANHU
What is the most beautiful city in China? Well China is very vast and I have yet to visit all cities in China to comment (only been to GD cities, Hangzhou, Yiwu, and Shanghai). Thought of going to Xi'an in May but then due to outbreak of the flu, I have to postpone my travel. Even Dongguan has full of beautiful landscapes.
Wan
May 26, 2009 12:50
  • CARLOS
Just found photos of LiJiang, Yunnan

It is beautiful!

Carlos
May 28, 2009 19:57
  • OABMARCUS
I disagree, shanghai is one of the dirtiest, ugliest, and most polluted cities i have ever seen. Seriously, I think the reason you think it's such a great city is because you are a native. That's fine, but from someone with less bias, I think it's safe to say 8/10 will find the place utterly disgusting.
May 28, 2009 20:00
  • OABMARCUS
I think it's impossible to have the Most beautiful city. None of us (atleast to my knowledge) have visited every city in China and lived there for an extended period of time. One can only ask "What are some of the more beautiful cities in China?" in that case, I'd say Nanjing. Very cultural city, with a lot to do, and the people who are running the place have taken a lot of care to make their city look good. e.g. parks, flowers on side roads, gardens, and playgrounds for children, etc...
Page 3 of 14    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is the most beautiful city in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code