Menu
Find international school in Hainan
Aug 20, 2008 20:44
GUEST94204 Is there any up date regarding Internation School in Hainan....?
Please let me know.
Sep 3, 2008 09:02
GUEST13153 My family moved to Sanya from Hong Kong 3 yrs ago and my 7 yr old girl was studying in a local found Montersorri kindergarten for 2 yrs.
It is cozy, hygienic and very keen of preshcool education. There is a english native speaking female teacher provide lesson once every week. I m appreciate that they provide time schedule and monthly meal schedule ( compare with nothing from the other local kindergarten!! )
Pleace check this www.youer.cc
Sep 18, 2008 19:31
GUEST19463 I'm not sure what you've found out, but my wife and I teach at the International School of Curacao, which runs an American based curriculum with the IB Diploma Programme, but we would be interested in moving to and teaching at an International School in Hainan if there was one. Being part of getting one off the ground sounds fun as well.
Sep 23, 2008 18:24
GUESTBC Bon tardi,
Interesting I find teachers from Curacao entertaining the idea of moving to Sanya and starting an international school. We currently live on Aruba with our 5 year old attending the ISA. Just today I was asked if I had any interest working in Sanya and of course our first reaction was concern about the schools. The possibilty of relocation is still just in its infancy but we thought we should check in the event our talks go to the next level. Are you encouraged by anything you've heard about the ed. system in Sanya? What are the chances you would actually be able to open a school?

I've had a couple of conversations about moving to your beautiful little island but not sure if we'd be happy there. It seems to be much different than Aruba and we are very happy here but sometimes work dictates our address.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Saludos,
Bruce
Nov 19, 2008 22:42
GUEST12289 Hi there

I think everyone is still looking for someone to start off an international school in Sanya or Haikou. I might be going to work in the island soon and I bet there are sufficient kids to statrt off with.My kid is in year 2 now. And hoping there will be a school there soon. If there is one now let me have the name of the school.....
Nov 23, 2008 09:25
GUEST60241 Hi All,

My husband's job is taking us to Sanya, and I have two boys ages 4 and 6. Wondering if anyone has started a American or International School. What are my other options for my boys? Could I put them in a Chinese School? and will they learn any English? will they be able to go back to the US in a couple of years without problems?
Nov 29, 2008 02:58
GUEST40145 I am in the same position of the previous poster and curious about this. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Nov 29, 2008 12:32
  • APAULT
If the kids go back to the US, after being in a normal Chinese school they will have 'problems'. They will not have learnt many tihngs kids learn in your schools, but they will have learnt basic Chinese and how to be quiet obedient members of a group and not ask questions about anything. They will also learn how to study from8am to 10pm each day (albeit with a 2 hour sleep at lunchtime). There will be no 'little leagues' as there isn't enough time. They will not be taught English, in the sense of anything they don't already know. YOU will learn that the teachers are in charge and you do not challenge anything about your children's education. Two years: a great experience and they will 'recover', but more I would be concerned about.
Dec 1, 2008 10:55
GUEST19358 hey, i am the oversea student who just be graduated from australia, and i've just come back HaiNan for holiday.

i've seen so many ppls from western countries were confusing for chinese education, banking system and transportation issues in HaiNan, so i would like 2 help you guys to work them out. no worries.

due to the incomplete information systems in the present situation, u might be suffer from research~ lol ~ take it easy !`

i am native-chinses speaker, who was born in haikou and grew here. Moreover, i've been to australia for studying purpose for 3 years. if there is any question u are confusing for HaiNan or the rest place of HaiNan, just email me , i'll try to help you as soon as possible. oh , i am lived in Haikou at the moment with my parents. if you need translator or travelling guide, it's free and personal aid ,not for business. alright ~ welcome to HaiNan .i am sure u will take happy travel in Hainan for its fresh air and kind atmospheres around this island~

my email address: hotmail.com|marslovevenus1981

Jan 30, 2009 20:28
GUEST17344 Dear all,

Now half a year later, January 2009, we are wondering if in Haikou somebody has started an International School. Please let us know if there is a good options availible. We probably move to Hainan in August 2009 with two kids ages 7 and 9 and yes indeed everything depends on the schooling possiblities for our kids.

We hope to hear soon from somebody
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Find international school in Hainan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code