Menu
Chinese women and American men
Jan 30, 2010 19:42
  • COOLSPRINGS
the continued part - 'the woman from the hell'
Feb 27, 2010 22:39
GUEST20180 Hello john, I too have a fascination with Asian women. Being a Black man, I have no hangups about dating outside my race but know that it comes with many challenges in the USA. My advice to you is to just ask her out before someone beats you to it. Asian women are quite family-oriented and many prefer to get married at an early age. Go for it before you spend your life wondering what if.

Good luck to you and do let us know how it went
Apr 18, 2010 19:01
GUEST82052 I too have had a long infatuation with the Chinese culture as well as Asian women in general. Having dated several over the years I feel qualified to comment on the subject. A lot of effort goes in to winning the heart of an Asian women and even more so just to maintain it. While dating in the asian culture I never felt completely at ease to let my hair down as they say. It always felt like I was being dissected by either the women or her family to find some kind of defect in me. Unlike American women they tend to surpress much of their feelings and emotions and many times you will find yourself at a loss as to where you stand with them. They tend to place more importance on material gain and social status rather than on love. I always entered these relationships with serious intentions as I do not believe in wasting their time or mine but in the end I found it just too emotionally taxing to stay.
Jun 18, 2010 21:34
GUEST41096 Hi john.
Yes you should persue it. I met a chinese women in november 2009 on a website. Her english isn't that good. I talk to many chinese women in restaurants, they tell me they don'y know much english, just enough to get by. I went to china in april and going back in july. She is so nice! We applied for K1 VISA and are waiting for her interview. Beleive me chinese women and there culture is great. Don't pass up on this chance, trust me. Go for it!
Jul 8, 2010 18:21
GUEST20225 hi John,

Firstly may I wish you good luck and wisdom in dealing with this lovely situation! You two obviously have something going.

My advice is to honestly ask yourself what you look for in a partner and to - over time - find out what she wants. If you are able to provide that, then you have a good chance for lifetime happiness. Be honest with yourself and with her.

I met a Chinese girl on the internet, went to visit her and her family and gained insight into what she is looking for. I am able to provide that and we understand our relationship very well.The relationship gives us both great happiness.

Kind wishes
Jim
Nov 23, 2010 09:06
GUEST16122 This is interesting. There are many wholesome Chinese women. Good looking ones, too. But you are looking in the wrong place. Real chinese girls are looking for the same thing American girls are looking for. A good job, a good man, security and a future. The ones you are talking to are looking for a way out of China. They will play all the cards until they do. You have to find your Chinese woman the same way you find a western woman, the hard, long slow way. Want a Chinese woman? move to China, get a job and start looking, dating and loving. There are no shortcuts.
Nov 29, 2010 04:19
  • HERBEAT
just read some of the bad experiences foreign guys had with Chinese women. I think I can believe it. And I know here in Beijing there are just so many girls into ONS. But somehow I don't think all the Chinese are the same. There are always nice and bad people, no matter it's in China or some other countries. So I never judge or prejudge people with some so-called common characteristics. Well, ok, people from a certain region probably have the background with them. But so what? There are also lots of Chinese dreaming to have a foreign husband - they think all the foreigners are nice. But is that true?
Dec 8, 2010 08:06
GUEST13277 As for me, I would not want a Chinese woman again, yet I love the Chinese people and would like to work in China. To put it simply, I see too types, the good traditional type are nice, faithful and so on, but they are so old-fashioned in terms of sex that it will hardly suit a Western man. No sex before marriage, no dirty stuff, only sex under the sheets lights closed, nothing else. Of course it is not just about sex, they expect a Western man act like a good Chinese man. Those are standards that are very hard to live up to. And the Chinese really need a strong man to take care of them, not like more independent Western women. You might get frustrated about the amount of ridiculously small errands she needs you to accompany her. And even the sense of humor is so different. Now, these are not the reasons why me and my Chinese woman went seperate ways, but these are the reasons I am not interested in anything else than making friends with men in China now that I know.And whatever you do with a Chinese woman, be very careful, you have to consider her as smth very fragile, and it also about saving her face. Moreover, talking about sex is often taboo that would cause women to vomit on the spot.

Then there is the other type of women, usually found in a Western country on her exchange-student year having loads of sex just for fun and often having rich parents back in China to spoil her blind.
Dec 8, 2010 20:38
  • CHARLOTT
GUEST13277,

After reading your reply, I have found out that it was a big mistake for you to be together with Chinese women. Traditional Chinese girls do behave like what you said. I do not know what kind of girls do you want? A Chinese girl who is as independent as western women and very open on sex issue? Why not have a western girl? She can meet all your requirements.

PS: It is those Chinese girls' traditional qualities that have made them so attractive to some foreigners. If they lose these things, they will not be attractive.
Dec 8, 2010 20:55
  • HERBEAT
I think I would agree with both of you. There are some traditional Chinese women of course. But at the same time, the ones who speak English and could understand English humor must learn a lot about English culture and everything in their previous life and I'm sure the mind would be more open than the quiet ones. But at the same time, they would still have the traditional side in them, which make it even better. I'm not a western man so I don't think I'm in the position to say what they should like but to me, the most important thing would be to be yourself and to be happy, without the so-called "common comment" about general Chinese women. To love with your own special woman, without the name of the nationality and any other things.
Page 4 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese women and American men
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code