Menu
Chinese women and American men
May 24, 2013 04:24
GUESTDARYL I knew a chinese women or 18mths before marriage. We are three years age difference. She had shown signs of moods and anger earlier for know apparent reasons. Eventualy it happened all the time although i was always attentive and good to her. The hate and constant thinking she was better then everyone. I was also not happy when she said how good she was to be a teacher and looked down on her fellow countrymen who worked in the country.I agree with Guest 83204. There seems to be some deep seated problems within their mentality. They also do not have to be young to have these foul traits as it is within the ones in their 40's and 50's as well. I think there are plenty of good Chinese men it's the women that are out of control and crazy. Oh , yes i divorced my wife before she came to Australia as i know she would make my life hell. Bad women. I realy had hoped i would have met a good one.
Nov 1, 2013 00:17
  • GRIZ326
Marriage is difficult even in the best circumstances.

Political, religious, and cultural differences are all challenging; a language barrier makes it even more difficult.

The most important thing is to be determined to make the relationship work; it's that western line in the marriage vows, "for better or for worse..."

Being a playboy is much more fun...at least in the short-term.
Nov 3, 2013 19:56
  • JIMMYB
Griz,

Every couple vow at the wedding ceremony. But some couples still split. I believe they are sincere when they speak at the wedding. What make them split at last?

Now I hear many times that the emcee ask Chinese couples the same question like your guys. "Will you love her till death?" The Chinese groom says loudly "Yes". It's easy to make vows or promises but too difficult to keep your vows or promises. Once you make a vow, do your best to keep it.
Nov 12, 2013 20:20
  • GRIZ326
Ethics have changed in developed countries because we're swimming in a pool of money.

Men and women were once bound to each other because together they struggled to make ends meet and were tired when they climbed into bed together. They were not distracted by mobile telephones, televisions, automobiles, fancy nightclubs, and such…as a result, intimacy thrived.

We live longer too; we grow accustomed to Suzy and so Sally looks new and fresh.

I live in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. When I moved here a dozen years ago, the scenery was absolutely breathtaking; today, I don't even notice.

In America, we have a saying that, "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." It seems to be true with cows, horses, and people.

For better or worse...

Dec 19, 2013 20:57
  • FURIOUS
Sorry to bump an old thread. I was googling for gift ideas for my Chinese girlfriend and came across this thread/site. I'd like to share and maybe get feedback about my relationship with my Chinese gf.

For some background, she's 33 (I'm white American male - 34), been in the US for 10 years. She came over as a student, quickly found her niche after college and is now rich by helping students from China connect with a couple colleges around Chicago...as well as a few other business ventures and investments. I'm a social worker, so obviously I don't make much money.

It took 3 or 4 months before she would even call this a "relationship." She was still dating around before then and it frustrated me b/c I took my profile down after our 3rd date and focused on her. Eventually I said enough is enough, we're either serious or I will date other girls, she then was willing to call it an exclusive relationship. Her parents were here for 2 of those months and really seemed to like me despite us not being able to talk much.

She's ALL about business and money. She's really been trying to help me become more successful, but it has bothered me when she doesn't seem to fully accept me for who I am now. Most women respect and admire the work I do with the disabled. She respects it, but wants me to strive to earn more. She has expressed concern over our difference in income, but says she will do everything to make this work.

She's very open talking about sex. She said that she never talked like this with her exes. She said two of her exes had issues with erectile dysfunction, and when they were getting erections the sex was painful and she didn't enjoy it. We however, have great sex. Not bragging honestly, but I do have an above average size...so I'm surprised it doesn't hurt her. She clearly enjoys our sex, and said being excited (wet) makes it feel good.

Anyway...I don't really believe that she's only been like this with me. I don't know why she would say this to me b/c I told her I wouldn't care if she was "freaky" with her exes. As long as it's just with me now.

She says she's traditional in the fact that the man is the man. He pays for everything, makes the plans, etc... So I pay for EVERYTHING. She has never offered to pay for a meal, despite the fact she earns 20x what I do. I'm ok with this tho.
She also wants to travel the world, which she's expressed as a concern with my income. She wants to travel WITH me...but I can't afford to at this point.

So she lives in the US, has her green card & earns more than me...so I'm pretty sure she really likes me for me. She's even begun saying that she loves me recently.

I feel like maybe I was more of a boy-toy initially and then she fell for me and is stuck. I don't see myself as super smart and don't earn 100k+ like her exes did, but I stay fit and she may be primarily physically attracted to me.

Gosh this is long, I just don't know if this is going to work in the long run.
Dec 19, 2013 21:21
  • FURIOUS
I have a lot of experience with dating and relationships. I've dated American born Chinese, whites obviously, Latinas, and other Chinese-Chinese women. I've simply never met a girl like her. I've learned so much about business and life from her. She's very smart and business savvy...

...which kinda worries me. She could be a big manipulator. As I said in the previous post tho, I have nothing material or status-wise to offer her or be manipulated into giving her. My only concern is that she may not be faithful...but I have no way to know. I live 40 minutes outside of the city, we see each other once during the week and then spend the weekends together. She calls every night before bed. I don't get the feeling she has cheated on me tho. Plus she wants me to get a place in the city or move in with her in the near future.

She's SUPER social, so she has tons of male and female friends and clients. All of her business is conducted over meals at restaurants in the city, so it's not uncommon for her to have dinner with men. Truth is, Idk how I'd ever find out if she were unfaithful, so I'm not even worrying about it until something fishy or definitive comes up.

She was well-off before coming to the US...her dad did investment banking. So she just can't relate to my middle-class lifestyle. It's not like we'd be poor on my salary, but I can't maintain the lifestyle she's lived. It's going to be interesting seeing how this relationship goes...

She's in China on business for a month right now...it's given me a lot of time to think. We get along great for the most part. Sometimes she's so ADHD-like that it frustrates me. She's not a good listener. She's never on time. I drive nearly an hour to her place and then have to sit outside her building for 20 minutes b/c she's not ready or is busy with something...little things like that have frustrated me. She spends 10k for a Tony Robbins seminar and comes back wanting to give us "challenges" that will either bring us closer together or drive us further apart. She's just...different. Not a typical Chinese girl, whatever a typical Chinese girl may be like. It's both intriguing and frustrating at the same time...

Jun 6, 2014 17:47
GUEST14671 I have a Chinese wife most men love to be with , she`s beautiful, smart , always has a smile on her face, but that's were it ends , we been married 6 years now and I`ve learn just about every trick they do !!
my little bride treated me great , until she got what she want for her and her daughter the bam she was gone ,
here`s a few things to look for everything ;you owned before she got here is now in her name now, the bank account she had that you didn't know about when she said I love going to school and want to go to college fulltime , thought no problem , now she`s a CPA, still her daughter just finish college too I was fine with everything now the kicker
when she says I want to go to china for summer brake to see parents. real meaning sometime`s more than once a year for a month or two.This went on for 6 years. going to see ex-husband , boyfriend getting visa for them to move to usa under a family visa, which she got,, told them it was her brother so point of the story even , hire someone in china to check her and the family out from birth , bad part I still love this woman and yes the divorce is coming along slowly she fighting for everything she can think of getting THINK I STILL HAVE MY TWO FINGERS LEFT FOR TYPING and great sence of humor
Jul 29, 2014 03:19
  • EVAWU
Oh mine! Humans are so complicated...
Aug 29, 2014 09:08
GUEST73739 Don't marry any one when you are being rushed! Patience is key to alot of things in life marriage is in the top ten.
Sep 19, 2014 15:27
GUEST39421
Quote:

Originally Posted by EVAWU

Oh mine! Humans are so complicated...

Only the deceptive ones.
Page 8 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese women and American men
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code