Menu
What do you think of the tattoos on sportsmen's bodies?
Aug 14, 2007 21:58
  • ZOEY
When watching the matches, have ever paid attention to the tattoos on those players' bodies? Are they beautiful and sexy? Why do they make tattoos?

No.1

David Beckham.

Aug 14, 2007 22:01
  • ZOEY
No.2

Allen Iverson. A Chinese character 忠 (zhong 1) on his neck.

Aug 14, 2007 22:04
  • ZOEY
No.3

Rasheed Wallace. Look at his two arms.

Aug 15, 2007 01:51
As someone who has tattoo's I don't mind, it's the individuals choice, I wouldn't have them on my face, neck or hands though.
I know tattoo's are not liked in China because they are associated with criminals but in the west they are popular.
Aug 15, 2007 04:17
  • YVONNE
I agree. In China, people usually think that those who have tattoos are bad guys. Actually they are bad guys. Tattoo may have a special meaning for these athletes. Otherwise, they just want to show that they are cool.
Aug 15, 2007 08:19
When I was in China I was advised to cover my tattoo's to avoid any unwanted police attention, this was given by a off duty policewoman, even though she could see I'm not a bad man.
As for the athletes and their tattoo's, people do see them as being cool.
I have been very often asked why I have them and do they hurt when they are being done, I say it was something I always wanted as a youger man although I only intended to have one, I now have fourteen, they do hurt but not too bad, just sore for a few day's after.
Aug 15, 2007 09:41
  • GRIZ326
I think the Chinese are generally correct that tattoo'd people are quite possibly bad people, but like with all generalizations there are exceptions. My best friend here in Montana has tattoos he gave himself when he was 10 years old; he is mountainman tough but as honest as anyone walking. He is proof of the exceptions.

These days, young people in the west do think of tattoos as a fashion statement rather than an indicator of toughness or the brand of a gang.

Aug 15, 2007 20:33
  • BBQQ
Do people in the west also think tattoo is bad in the past??
Aug 16, 2007 09:36
In the west it would have been sailors who got them from their travels around the world, probably having seen tribal ones.
The criminal side would have been the pirates who were ex-navy anyway, from then on adopted by gangs etc, I was an ex- skinhead so for me it was cool, although I didn't get one until I was was 37.
Aug 16, 2007 21:55
  • CHYNAGYRL
I like them. Some of them are ugly and look dirty, but if you go to a good parlour, you can get a gorgeous tattoo in beautiful colours. I find that tattoos look great on people with athletic bodies. It highlights their natural beauty.
Aug 17, 2007 01:27
  • KATRINA
Some people regard it as body art. You see, David Beckham has tattoos. He is glamourous, right?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of the tattoos on sportsmen's bodies?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code