Menu
"My first dilapidated shoes, my kids' toys"
Aug 21, 2007 21:55
  • LEONARDO
I can still remember an American friend--Michael's words: my first pair of sports shoes was made in China, and it was very cheap. The first word my kid learn is "China" because his toys were made in China.

Do you belong to the working poor class? If so,you must have benefited a lot from made-in-China products, since they are very cheap.

Despite of the recent criticism on "made-in-China products", we all aware that made-in-China products benefit the working poor like you and me. China's low-cost products dominate the global market. The cheap consumer goods ranging from the American kids' bags, sports shoes to the bicycle in the small village of Africa , are all made in China. Over all, made-in-ChIna products benefit the global working poor.

In 2005,the world's largest retailer Wal-Mart procured 80% of its products from China. Imagine, without made-in-China products, what will everyday life will be? Wal Mart's slogan" provide everyday low price " will be an unfulfilled promise.

A German said, in many Germany supernarkets, a Gemany-native-made schoolbag is sold 60-80 Euro, wheras a made-in-China costs only 15 Euro.

Made-in-China products enable the people in poor countries to enjoy "extravagance". In Pakistan and Africa, made-in-China products are the locals' favorites. Having a colored TV set is an extravagant dream for many Pakistani, but made-in China Colored TV sets help them to realize their dreams. In Middle East, the case is alike.

Finally, how do made-in-China products influence our daily lives? Did they bring harm or benefits to your everyday living?

Do not let the so-called economists, or economic observers or sophisticated politicians say whether made-in-China products are good or bad. We have our OWN ideas.

Do not tell me it is none of your business. I am sure that made-in-China products are closely associated with your daily lives. Maybe, your kids' toys, schoolbags, your sports shoes and your home appliance, even your underwear(just kiding)) are made in China. Am I right?
Aug 22, 2007 22:46
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Right, my friend went to America, and bought a pair of nice-looking sports shoes. When he tore up the package, it was clearly labeled as "Made in China". China is the largest supplying source of the consumer goods in the chains of Wal Mart.
Aug 23, 2007 11:38
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, every where Made in China in our daily life.
Aug 23, 2007 12:47
Yes, when I was a little boy a lot of my toys were made in China, I'm from a working class family so we were always quite poor.
Many products on sale in the UK are made in China, some good some bad but the same applies to products made here in the UK too.
Aug 23, 2007 20:31
  • JIMMYB
West,

"when I was a little boy a lot of my toys were made in China,"

When you were a little boy, I think it might be in 1950s to 1960s. Do you mean that there were already numerous " made-in-China Products" in UK in your Childhood? Unbelievable, at that time, China's industry was quite backward.

Anyway, when did "made-in-China" products become popular or abundant in UK?
Aug 26, 2007 00:52
  • ZOEY
China has already been a commercial giant. Its low-cost manufacturing benefited quite a lot of working poor. Now, in Africa, made-in-China products are everywhere.
Aug 26, 2007 22:22
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Although Made in China products can be seen almost everywhere, there still exist some problems such as food safty, unqualified products. Making use of these excuses, some nations smear and refuse to import Made in China goods. In order to prevent such problems emerging again, we should do reforms in mangement. The related laws must be established and be enforced as soon as possible. These law breakers and speculators should be punished severely.
Aug 27, 2007 09:54
I don't know when " made in china " products bacame abundant in the UK, Jimmy, I just remember my toy's and yes it was in the 50's and early 60's, I left school in 1967
Aug 27, 2007 20:30
  • BBQQ
Sadly, made in China doesn't means that it's a Chinese brand.
Aug 27, 2007 21:33
  • KATRINA
"Sadly, made in China doesn't means that it's a Chinese brand. "

BBQQ, don't be so sad. China still lags behind in technological innovation. But in view of China's unique national condition " excessive manpower", it is probably a good thing. If China's industry is mechanized, what will most of 1.3 billion Chinese do? Many of them would lost their jobs.
Aug 28, 2007 22:26
  • JOHNNY512
Yes, do not be so sad. In order to eliminate the negative effect made by some unqualified Made in China goods, the central government has made up its mind to strengthen quality control on products and punish these corrupted officials severely. The poisonous toys have all been taken back. Good news, right? More importantly, China should think about how to develop its own famous brands and other outlets for these Made in China goods. It is not possilbe to import these low-cost goods to other foreign countries at all times. Innovation in mangement and production is urgent.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: "My first dilapidated shoes, my kids' toys"
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code