Menu
Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Jan 24, 2009 19:02
GUEST35224 I won't deny Marlyn Monroe was a beauty, but Audrey had her own style. Monroe just seemed to fill out that cliche of a curvy babe with blonde hair and blue eyes. Audrey on the other hand created her own sophisticated and sexy style. And she defiantly has affected the world as much as Marlyn. Like someone before said about the short black dresses. Current actoresses like Natalie Portman are still taking after Hepburn's style, and even the Adam Hughes' Catwoman is clearly inspired by Audrey.
To those who think Monroe is so much more well known, it doesn't mean she's more beautiful nor that she's a better actress. Monroe is a myth because she's America's beauty. Audrey didn't feel the need to be a star, and neither did she have the American patriotic support that Monroe so easily had.
Feb 1, 2009 12:04
GUESTWHISTLE... I think the way you described Marilyn is lovley-- I loved the depth. I agree. Monroe's naturally curved figure and angelic face reminds me of the way ancient sculptures represented their Greek goddesses. She had also possessed a very sweet syrup voice. But all the while, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn are very different
Mar 7, 2009 07:33
GUEST79157 Audrey Hepburn number one
Mar 13, 2009 22:04
GUEST15148 Audrey Hepburn she was a natural beauty,Monroe just seemed too oh look at me!!!!
Mar 13, 2009 22:08
GUEST15148 i noticed alot of these post is copied of the post on monroe vs. hepburn at Topix.com

Please people,use ur own words copy and pasting is quicker but here u state opinions
Mar 20, 2009 03:04
GUESTZU Candle In The Wind

Goodbye Norma Jean
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the treadmill
And they made you change your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Loneliness was tough
The toughest role you ever played
Hollywood created a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you died
Oh the press still hounded you
All the papers had to say
Was that Marilyn was found in the nude

Goodbye Norma Jean
From the young man in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something as more than sexual
More than just our Marilyn Monroe
Apr 3, 2009 18:55
GUEST07194 i like marylin she wasn't afraid to be herself,
people shouldn't judge people it's wrong and if you're saying marylin is dumb because she is blonde i am sorry to say you're wrong she is smart and obvious smart enough to be hollywood's princess and sex symbol i am Marylin all the way..
Apr 14, 2009 15:31
GUEST59215 AUDREY!!!
Apr 15, 2009 14:08
GUEST49817 Audrey all the way ! The class she has.. Monroe is more like backdoor hoe, who made way for upcoming stupid blondes to use their body for publicity. Her acting sucks because she could not play versatile roles like Audrey did. Audrey fits from call girl (breakfast at... ) to nun , from teenage girl wanting to explore world (roman holidays) to helpless girl who falls for playboy (Sabrina).
Monroe is famous not mainly because of her movies (in all she played dumb blonde) but because of JFK affair and her suicide. By committing suicide she clearly confirmed stereotype of blondes of being stupid. Audrey lived longer and with elegance. Her dresses became fashion statement which exists even today.
Audrey, the class, the elegance and the character ..............all the way !!!
Apr 15, 2009 14:10
GUEST49817 if monroe had lived 10 more years, we would be seeing that blonde turning into back door crack hoe for sure
Page 7 of 20    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code