Menu
Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Jul 27, 2009 18:08
GUEST90215 I personally think that Audrey Hepburn is the more beautiful person inside and out. She never realised her own beauty, and she helped those in need. She gave the last few years of her life to the starving children of the world, on one of these trips she found out she had cancer (which she later died of after spending the last Christmas with her family). She was always classy, elegant and well mannered. Her acting was great, she's stared in a variety of movies from My Fair Lady to Breakfast At Tiffany's to The Nun's Story, she was diverse. She has shown she can act, dance and be charming whilst doing them. Even when she was told her vocals were not going to be used for My Fair Lady and she was going to be dubbed after all her hard work and vocal training, she did not raise her voice or throw her weight around because she was a massive star at the time. She walked out at the end of a day without saying a word, but she came back the next day and made sure she apologized for her behaviour. She had a hard life but over came it.

I'm not Saying Marilyn Monroe didn't have a difficult life, because she did. I am pleased that Marilyn made a success of her life. She is mainly known for being the blonde sex symbol of Hollywood. She is famous for her looks, her numerous affairs with men and marriages, posing naked for Playboy and her movies. In these movies she always played the 'dumb blonde', which as an actress doesn't make her very diverse. I'm not denying that she was gorgeous. My personal opinion is, Marilyn Monroe was sexy, curvy and an ok actress. Audrey Hepburn on the other hand has a timeless look, and she will always be considered classy and elegant.

Audrey is beautiful inside and out, Marilyn is sexy. They are too different to be compared anymore than that. Both of their movies are enjoyable.
Aug 7, 2009 08:11
GUEST10317
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST16748

(I'M A FEMALE JUST SO YOU KNOW)
I GUESS BEING AN ACADEMY, TONY, GRAMMY, AND EMMY WINNING ACTRESS MADE AUDREY HEPBURN A LESSER KNOWN ACTRESS THAN MARILYN MONROE HUH? (WHOSE BY THE WAY, BIGGEST AWARD WAS A GOLDEN GLOBE)

No need to yell, friend. This is considered quite rude on quiet little posts like this.

By the way, I vote Audrey. But it can't be helped. I've done so much researching it's only to be expected. I like Marilyn too, though not quite as much. Plus, Audrey's more of a role model. A cleaner reputation, y'know?
Sep 7, 2009 15:49
GUEST36169 Hepburn, all the way :)
Sep 16, 2009 10:03
GUEST04223 Many of my friends would disagree with me, saying that Audrey is "classy", however, from a female perspective I think Marilyn was beautiful and real. She was willing to admit that she was no better than anyone else. Audrey Hepburn has insinuated that women should want to be her. I think that MM was beautiful, loving, and just really darling. She battled with depression, however, depression is a disease. She should not be blamed for her disease. Audrey is idolized for her charity work, however, MM did not live out her entire life. Who knows what she would have became. If you google Audrey quotes, then google MM quotes you can see the was Audrey was conceited. Both women are beautiful and talented, that I cannot disagree with. I just prefer MM. MM was never afraid to show the world what she had and the mistakes she had made. Audrey was always hiding who she really was. After reading this blog, I found that many claimed MM was "slutty" however, I personally think that she was beautiful and not afraid to show what she had. I think she was always looking to have fun. Life is too short not to have fun. She battled highs and lows, ups and downs, and her mistakes are highlighted, however, I think that Marilyn experienced the world. She was not afraid to be who she really was.
Sep 17, 2009 08:39
GUEST16135 Marilyn Monroe had the prettiest and cutest face in history and she was the most beautiful of all women I have ever seen in the movies, magazine, etc. She had it all. The blond hair, big boobs & butt, wide hips & small waits (hour glass figure), sexy legs, smooth white skin, pretty hands and feet. She had that smile, demeanor of an innocent child trapped in a woman's body. She had the aura of being kind, friendly, sensitive, vulnerable, accepting and loving. She had that killer smile that mesmerizes everyone. She was always the center of attraction in every gatherings. Even until now she has vast number of admirers of her beauty, talent and enigmatic life. Like a child she desired love and affection but was exploited. Her unique charisma is clearly evident in her acting, in her voice and in her playful mannerism. Almost to a woman modern actresses prefer to have her face like Nicole Kidman. The most beautiful and gorgeous stars idolize her like Madonna, Ann Nicole Smith, Mariah Carey, Martha Sanchez, Thalia to name only a few. She has many impersonators like another icon, Elvis.

She was sexually desired by millions, a pin-up model and the first Playboy playmate.

She was the sexiest of them all because she was never ashamed to say she liked sex.

She was also the most celebrated and world famous of all Hollywood female stars.

She was able to attain success through hard work, determination and perseverance although the same success was perhaps the cause of her untimely death.

She was never old because she died young. That would be her image for all time.
Sep 23, 2009 15:49
GUEST27175 i dont agree .. marralen monroe is amazing and inspired so many people. blonds are just equally intelligant as brunets me being a blond myself i love audre hepburn and think that she is stunning and and less of a sex symbol she belvied in inner beautey.
Sep 24, 2009 12:23
GUESTJOSIE monroe is so beautifull
Sep 26, 2009 00:24
GUEST17564 Marilyn wins this one. Audrey is okay and all but let's be honest here, Marilyn absolutely blows her out of the water. Marilyn is the figurehead of classic Hollywood. When people think of classic Hollywood, they think of Marilyn. When she was alive, she was so big, that every other studio soon churned out wannabe-Monroes. Monroe started a trend and really put the image of the blonde bombshell on the forefront. Audrey had no such effect. The only reason these two are compared is because they are easily the two most popular/famous actresses from old Hollywood. When we need to compare someone to Marilyn, Audrey is the closest thing to compare due to popularity but overall, Marilyn's popularity and icon status put her above Audrey by a mile. Marilyn is up there with Elvis and others. Marilyn's image and persona has far more clout. People can't even name her movies but still know Marilyn and know the blowing skirt scene. Even today, her effects are felt. Everytime, someone has platinum blonde hair that is styled and has red lipstick, they say they are emulating Marilyn. Do you see that with Audrey, no.
Oct 17, 2009 13:57
GUESTLAURA I would have to say Audrey.
All of Audrey Hepburn's beauty was completely natural, and she was beautiful inside as well. On the other hand, for Marilyn to achieve her look she had at least a nose job, and it is rumored she had two other surgeries as well. She also dyed her hair blonde and was always seen with a thick layer of makeup on. I'm not saying Marilyn isn't beautiful or important in Hollywood history because I know she is. I also know that the majority of men would say Marilyn is beautiful but Audrey in my opinion is in a total different league. She could act, dance and she was one of the most beautiful women there ever has been. She was so elegant and iconic of her time. Whilst Marilyn is just a manufactured Hollywood beauty.

In reply to what other people have said, not everyone with platinum blonde hair and red lipstick is emulating Marilyn. Those that are emulating her are equal in numbers to those who try to emulate Audrey and her elegance. For a start the little black dress became a wardrobe essential again after she wore one in Breakfast At Tiffany's. Audrey was Hubert de Givenchy's muse, Hubert de Givenchy was a top fashion designer and obviously he was the founder of the classic designer brand Givenchy.
Oct 18, 2009 08:24
GUEST68186 Monroe.
She lived such a tragic life, and was underestimated in terms of her intelligence. She was actually very smart, but was made to fit the 'dumb blonde' stereotypical image.
DAVEC, in my experience, as a blonde, we cop a lot of flack for nothing at all.

I too have admiration for Hepburn, she was a real lady. However i prefer Katherine to Audrey. That woman had real gumption.
Page 9 of 20    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code