Menu
Chinese Marriage
Mar 13, 2008 21:22
  • BARONTWANGLE
I don't have actual experience, but I would be inclined to share your concerns. The best thing to do would be to try a non Chinese agency. There was one a few years back called asianeuro.com with lots of Chinese people on it. This was an Australian company, so pretty reliable. I used it to make friends in China before I came to live here, and many of these friends I still have now. However, I would be very cautious about meeting anyone online for romantic purposes. Better to make a few friends here, and then come here for a long trip. Chances are you will meet far better people face to face than you will online. Lots of girls looking for love on the internet, are either after money or a foreign passport. It's worse in the Philippines.
Mar 14, 2008 02:51
  • ROB04216
I too was receiving mail from Chnlove before I met my wife through MySpace.com After I returned home from my honeymooon I cancelled my account. They sent me one last email trying to get me to stay. It had my wifes profile in it! She hadn't been active in over 2 years but she was there. So some of the women there are real. I have to agree with Barontwangle, you need to be careful there are a lot of scams out there.
Mar 14, 2008 03:19
I can understand the need to be careful with who you meet and if they are genuine.
I was lucky I was introduced to my wife by my friend Nina, I first met Nina through a dating agency here in the UK, so in a way it worked for me.
I talked with Nina about setting up an agency with her,because Nina has many friends who would like to meet men from the west.
I haven't taken it further yet because I haven't seen Nina for 2 years now as she now lives in the US, but maybe sometime in the future.
Good luck if you are looking for love in China, I hope you can find the happiness as I have.
Alan
Jun 8, 2008 21:26
GUEST13108 Hello All, I have enjoyed reading everyone's responses here. I am seeking some advice, since everyone here appears to be so earnest.

Background: I am an American and have been in an online relationship for the past 17-months with a Chinese national. We met thru a non-chinese dating agency and communicate via IM, webcam, emails and occassionally via telephone on a daily basis, sometimes 2 & 3-times a day. I am very happy with this lady and we wish to marry. I will be traveling to meet her for the first time in Shenzhen, China (her home) late this summer or early fall. I am seeking advice from both the American and Chinese perspectives here, since I have found both to be a little misleading or inconsistent from agency-to-agency.

My soon-to-be chinese fiance has a single adult child who also has a fiance.

Question 1: What is the quickest way to get my fiance here in the US? As a single person to wed in the US via K-1 Visa or should we marry in China and wait for her visa/immigration approval?

Question 2: What is the quickest way to get her daughter in the US and ultimately, to get her daughter's fiance here too? Is there any way I can get her daughter and fiance here together or would it be faster if they were married?

I am anxious to hear from someone with recent experience here.

Thanks in Advance
JB7340
Jun 9, 2008 06:03
  • ROB04216
Hello JB,

I am from the U.S. as well. I met my wife in much the same way as you, she also has a daughter but she is only 17. We were married in Oct. 2007. When I returned I started trying to complete the process of getting her a visa, I finally gave up and got a lawyer, now it is looking like the spring of 2009 before they will come. I have not looked into how long it would take if I had brought her here on a tourist visa and married in the U.S, but have often wondered. I have been told that once my wife is here that is the end of all the paperwork, she will be issued a greencard pretty much on arrival. As far as the adult child, I have no idea, my wife child has a separate application but it is connected with my wife's application. I can give you a list of forms that you will need to get filled out, if you would like. Some of them need to be signed by your wife, I had to send them through the mail and have her send them back, that is time consuming. So that is about what I know, there is a lot of conflicting information out there and the government is no help at all.

Good luck to you, keep me informed as to how you make out. I am heading for China in three days, for three weeks, then I'll go again in mid October. I am in hopes that the trip after that they will return with me. I hope this was of some help, if you have any other questions, I'll be happy to share what I know.

Rob
Jul 1, 2008 07:33
GUEST25111 I am a United States citizen, currently in Nanning China. I have recently married a Chinese woman I met through chnlove. After our marriage it was revealed to me that she was contractually forbidden to tell me that she owed the local agency thousands of U.S. dollars(many years of her pay). Now they are using harassment, threats of blocking her immigration , threats of a personal safety nature and threats of legal action to extort this money from me. They also I found out, charge the woman a monthly translation fee, while chnlove charges the fee to men saying that the women do not pay for it. I have tried to warn other clients on their web site forum, but , of course, they will not post it. I have contacted both the Chinese Ministry of Justice, and the United States Consulate for their help and protection. Be aware of this if you are using www.chnlove.com, you will fall victim! Jeff B.
Jul 2, 2008 03:49
  • BARONTWANGLE
I would think many people already know this, but it is interesting to hear your experience. Best of luck.
Jul 28, 2008 06:13
  • AUGMAN
Hello. I have a if someone could please help Me. I have a Affidavit Of Marital Status. I need to have it not sure how You say it need it to be Notarization or something. I want to marry My Girlfriend in China this OCT. I seen her on China New Year last Feb. I just need to know where to Mail My Affidavit Of Marital Status at. I look online but not sure where to Mail it to and in what order. I don't want to get nothing wrong. I got My Divorce papers. and everything I need just not sure where to mail off eveything. Please Help

JOHN
Jul 28, 2008 11:27
  • ROB04216
Hello John,
Are you from the USA? I don't know if other countries are the same but I did not mail anything, I just took my Divorce papers (make sure it is a certified copy) and affidavitt of Marital Status to the Consulate in Guangzhou. There I signed a statment swearing that I am single, in front of a consulate official. I think it costs me 200 yuan or something but that was all there was to it. Where are you going in China, where is your girlfriend from? That will make a difference where you get the marriage certified by the Chinese government.
Jul 29, 2008 01:15
GUEST12359 hi rob
Well i applied with my now wife i am a divorcee so i took the decree passport and of course my wife details we completed the given forms which would be sent to BJ where the usual 1 month period [as i understood it] offers anyone the opportunity to challenge the marriage. after that you get the acceptance to marriage and bobs your uncle .
hope this helps
chris
SZ
Page 4 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese Marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code