Menu
Chinese Marriage
Nov 4, 2008 15:27
GUEST18189 thanks for info
i was asked as well do we sign on the marrage certificate same as we would i uk marrage
Nov 20, 2008 19:36
GUESTDAVIDKA... My girlfriend left me a month ago.
I thought that she would come back but it went forever.
I am shy person and can not meet on the street.
We have learned through this site http://adultdatingworld.byethost14.com
It is a site which provides profiles real people who want to meet for sex.
We were so well together. Maybe someone who wants to be my girlfriend?
Or tell me where you can learn on the Internet.
Nov 21, 2008 09:30
  • ROB04216
GUESTDAVIDKAMINSKY , I think you need to find another forum for issues of that nature.
Nov 26, 2008 14:59
  • PALAMEDE
Rob,
i would like to ask you: what "travel documents" you had to show at the canadian consulate in Gzhou?
Did you have to translate AND notarise all documents BEFORE you traveled to China?
I have: 1--an affidavit from canadian consulate here, 2--Birth Certificate, and 3- my passport. Are these documents ok?
thanks,
dan
Nov 26, 2008 16:52
  • ROB04216
Palamede,
I took a certfied copy of my divorce decree, I don't know if that applies in your case or not. Along with the documents you have, I think you would be fine. I am from the USA so that might make a difference, I am not sure. Any translations and notarisations that I had done was in China, and that was when we registered our marriage with the government in her home town. The people at the consulate all spoke english. If you have been in contact with the Candian government here, perhaps you could contact them again and get better information. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and your intended.

Rob
Nov 27, 2008 14:25
  • PALAMEDE
Rob,
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE !!
Could you please tell me if by travel documents you mean: passport, plane tickets and what else?
Did you translate these documents in chinese? did you notarize them?
Are you canadian or Usa citizen? since there are few different things in this situation

thanks for your time..
dan email; yahoo.com|bradaur
Nov 27, 2008 14:55
  • PALAMEDE
Gord, i am in the same situation.Looked for answers, back few months, or more on this web.

I couldnt find answers like: you need these documents:"" 1-2 -3- 4.Translate them in chinese and notarize them.Take them to Canadian consulate and get the Marriagebility Certificate,then go where your future wife lives and get married.""
My understanding is you need a document about your situation( divorced, or never married; you can get this from any Canadian Consulate,including the nearest in China where your future wife lives.Then the passport, and if i am not wrong, Birth Certificate.

what is your situation now? did you find what documents you need? And where to translate and notarize?

dan; email yahoo.com|bradaur
Nov 27, 2008 15:04
  • PALAMEDE
Thanks Rob..

palamede
Nov 27, 2008 18:55
  • ROB04216
Dan,
you said you had an affidavit from Canadian consulate, I assume that means a paper stating that you are single, that along with your birth certificate and passport should be all you need. I did not have anything translated here, I didn't even go to nearest Chinese Consulate here. I just went to the American Consulate in Guangzhou, filled out a couple of forms and talked with a consulate officer, I had to swear an oath that I was single, and she then gave me a single certificate. It took a few hours and I had to pay 240 RMB registration fee. That was it, we then flew to Beijing and was married there. After a week of siteseeing we flew to my wife's home and registered our marriage with the Chinese government, that is where I had to have some papers notarized and translated. That was in Oct. 2007, I am still trying to get through the paper work and red tape to get my wife back here to the USA. It has been a long process but I am hopful that she will be here by June. I am interested to find out if the Canadian process of immigration is as long and confusing as it is here in America. Keep me posted on your progress.

Rob
Nov 28, 2008 02:51
  • PALAMEDE
thanks Rob; its more clear now.My affidavit,that i was never married, my birth certificate and passport should be enough to get married.Plan to go in Feb next year.
Thanks again ; dan
Page 6 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese Marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code