Menu
Teaching jobs available
Jan 9, 2008 21:46
  • APAULT
The government regs state you must have a bachelor's, but I have met people working in colleges without it and with far less experience than you have. So it is possible for you to get a job. However, it will depend on the educational institution and the local Foreign Experts Bureau, and the relationship the institution has with the Bureau.

I have just contacted the agent that placed me in my current job and she has an opening in Zhanjiang, Guangdong, a city I like and have lived in. Even if u are not interested in that position, she may well be able to place u elsewhere. Contact Jane at gmail.com|eslconnexions or phone her on 0759-2238339 to her as soon as u can! (I do take a referral fee...even though I should!!!).
Jan 9, 2008 22:06
  • APAULT
OOOOPPPS

I meant.. I do NOT take a referral fee!!!
Jan 26, 2008 03:27
GUEST72179 Hi Paul !

I am looking for an English Teaching Part-Time job. Any help here.
I am not a Native English Speaker,.an under-graduate, based in Guangzhou China with no Teaching Experience or Certificates like TEFL Etc.

But I have been trained in Voice and Accent to converse with US and Europeon clients without any Mother Tongue Influence. (Therefore with no accent)

Regards

Satish

Satish
Jan 26, 2008 17:46
  • APAULT
Hi Satish. I think you would struggle to get a job in a normal school because of your lack of qualifications and presumably having a student visa. However, if you have the skills you should be able to get work with a language centre. Ask around, or check the Net, especially in Chinese. Alternatively simply put the word around that you will teach privately. Maybe set up a few times for different standards and get small groups together.

Jan 29, 2008 05:45
  • GMAN1980
A good site for jobs in China is <a href="http://www.seriousteachers.com/teachers.asp?IdTeacherPartner=853791">SeriousTeachers</a> you can post your resume and receive offers. My gf is non native speaker and there are plenty of jobs on here that are easy going in that respect.
Gareth
Jan 29, 2008 05:49
  • GMAN1980
http://www.seriousteachers.com/teachers.asp?IdTeacherPartner=853791
Feb 27, 2008 09:24
GUEST73106 After 18 years selling insurance and no more than a year at a junior college, I teach english in China. I have been teaching children from the age of 6 to people with a doctors degree. You will never have a problem getting a job.
Feb 29, 2008 04:53
  • APAULT
What sort of institutions do you work in G73106?
May 12, 2008 06:18
GUEST10246 hi,

I am from phils. and ive been teaching here in shenzhen for 4 years now in an international school. Do you still have vacancies until now?? Plz let me know. Thank you.

Michelle
May 15, 2008 11:37
  • APAULT
Michelle: If u are asking about my college there are certainly vacancies from September, but they have previously told me they are not keen to hire from outside the normal native speaker countries. If you want me to give you contact details anyway, let me know.
Page 3 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Teaching jobs available
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code