Menu
Do you ask for invoice in a Chinese restaurant?
Aug 31, 2007 04:38
  • EVENING
In China, invoice is for the government to impose tax from the restaurants.

Consumers have the right to refuse to pay if the restaurants can not offer invoice to them.

Usually, I forget to ask for invoice when I pay my meals in the restaurants. Do you ask for it? And invoice may have the bonus of 5 to several hundred yuan if you are lucky. (*^__^*) ......
Sep 1, 2007 00:54
  • JIMMYB
Me too, EVENING. It is not a good habit. Sometimes when I remember to ask for the invoice, the waitor tells me that their invoices have run out and he gives me a tin of coke instead of invoice. Is that true? Actually not. By doing this, they can evade tax. We should not help them. Thus, remember to ask for invoice when having meals in the restaurants.
Sep 2, 2007 22:56
  • ZOEY
I asked for. But in most cases, the bosses of restauraunts tried to find excuses to decline my request. Gradually, I am not in mood for asking for invoices, and let the shrewed businessmen go. Sometimes, I might think it is none of my business. Am I not a responsible citizen? Should I feel guilty? Shame on me!
Sep 3, 2007 04:30
  • ICEBLUE
I always ask for it and I am lucky enough to get the rewards at most of 100 yuan! o(∩_∩)o..
Sep 3, 2007 04:36
I start to do it a week before, but I'm not lucky enough to get a bonus, I think I can win some if I continue to ask for it.
Sep 3, 2007 05:00
  • BBQQ
You are very lucky, ICEBLUE. Asking for invoice is not only for the bonus but also for preventing tax evasion. And some small restaurants do not offer invoices.
Sep 3, 2007 12:02
  • PETERJOHN
I ask for them because I like to give the invoices to my friends so that they have a chance to win. But it seems that if you win, you can only win 5 yuan! I am surprised to hear that Iceblue won 100!
Sep 3, 2007 20:12
  • MAY001
I do ask for it whenever dining out.
Sep 6, 2007 10:58
  • LIONPOWER
Never asked as we are temporary people.
Sep 7, 2007 22:18
  • HEIDI
I do ask the invoice, but never get reward.
Sep 9, 2007 03:05
  • ELLEN77
I ask invoice in the bigger restaurant, sometimes they also give me some drinks instead. No reward yet. :(
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you ask for invoice in a Chinese restaurant?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code