Menu
expat life on hainan island, south
Jun 11, 2008 04:34
GUEST23210 I live in Sanya for over a year and now this place for more than 12 years .
great place to live , but for medical stuff be very carefull.
not really a place to give birth yet for foreigner unless you can adapt to local standard.
Aug 20, 2008 05:08
GUEST45113 Hi All,
My husband and i are moving to Sanya in a month . We have a two year old and i was wondering if there are good KG or international pre schools? I would also love to meet up with some of the other mum's there for a coffee//tea/girls's get together date. Any suggestions? tks much and looking forward to meeting some of you folks.
cheers :0)
Aug 28, 2008 08:02
GUEST52250 Hi,

I arrived Hainan, Haikou to work recently. Can anybody tell me if there are good espresso style roasted coffee beans on sale in Hainan? Dying for a good cuppa. I am not used to the local coffees.

Hope to hear from fellow coffee lovers.

Nov 5, 2008 15:27
GUEST54696 Can anyone confirm what internetiobnal schools are available in Hainan especially Haikou ?
Nov 29, 2008 02:25
GUEST40145 Hello, I am moving to Sanya in January of 09, and looking to find information on expat living there. I am single, therefore looking to be close to restaurants and markets, and maybe a few local hangouts and bars. Not looking for the tourist "stuff".

So what's a good area to get an apartment fairly centrally located, close to the beach, markets, etc. And also a clean/safe area, maybe western style and affordable. Any expat recommends an agent to do the searching?

Any other info will be greatly appreciated. Please email to gmail.com|jjimenezcn

Thx
Dec 1, 2008 07:24
  • JABAROOTOO
For Coffee try the local brand at the Nanguo supermarket.

I found it in Sanya so guessing also available in Haikou

Makes a great cuppa and well priced

Apartments

Sanya is small but main areas are the Sanya and Dadonghai beach which is really a suburb. You might like to wait until you arrive and have a look around yourself. Depends on your transport but if you'll have a car then doesn't really matter too much where you choose to live. You may even find a Villa style house
Dec 1, 2008 11:49
  • MARS
Hello, Everyone:

I am a chinese oversea student who was graduated from Australian University, i am a native in HaiNan. i've seen many ppls

were confusing and suffering for those unclear problems that are banking, information systems , travelling route, education instruction, and even transportation issues, being a native, i think i would know more abt Hainan, so if you guys get any question or problem for HaiNan or the rest place of China. i would like to do ur favor to work them out. it's personal favor not for business.

Also, i am lived with my parents at the moment in HaiKou.HaiNan. if you wanna travel or reside in HaiNan, i could offer ur some advice or recommodation.

some questions abt business rules and language, no worries, just ask me by email. let's work them out
just email me : hotmail.com|Marslovevenus1981 as u can seen , my name is Mars~lol~

Have fun in China
Dec 1, 2008 15:08
GUEST60241 Hi,

We are thinking of moving to Sanya in Jan 09 from the United States. We have 2 boys, ages 4 and 6. HAve you found any other expats? Or any schools for your children. Would love to meet and visit when we get there. How is life in Sanya. Do you recommend it?

Thanks,
Cynthia
yahoo.com|cynsu123
Dec 2, 2008 13:45
  • MARS
Sanya is a really nice place. it is good or not depends on what you need in this region~ such as friends , education for kids, and comfortable lifestyle and so on.

for friends , u know, Asian are always kind to make friend with others, especially ppl far from this place. however, it cannot be denied that those greedy native who thought that the ppl from other countries must be rich, u need some honest friends to give u proper advice by the case, native even better.

the education for family or kids would be a big problem, there is not only language problem, also cultural shocks. it cannot be avoided when u get into this zone. the education in HaiNan is undeveloped and incomplete , although u could find a english-speaker as teacher, but dont forget that education is not only based on a teacher. kids are easy to imitate the ppl around them. so parent's guide are still very impt in the expat life. Building a harmony is a better way for them.
personally, i dont know more abt Sanya, coz i was growing in HaiKou.
oh, right , cut the crap. there are 2 recommodations for kindergarten:
1) xiao long wa shuang yu you er yuan 小龙娃双语幼儿园 little dragon kid billingual kindergarten ( look like chinglish~~lol)
website: http://www.3yxx.com/show.asp?id=220 (contact number involved)

)2 yang guang bao bei 阳光宝贝 sunny baby
no web. but it can be found by research.
the charge would be around ¥1500 to ¥2000 per month

the scenery in SanYa is getting worse comparing with 10 years ago, in memories, there are all the coconut trees cover this island, simple fishing lifestyle, the ocean and beaches are pretty clean with pure sands, but it's the past already. more and more exploitation and pollution....it's really hard to compare beauty with goldcoast in the South of Australia, even though the quality of air in HaiNan is the NO.1 in China.

swimming and hotspring are the selling points u should not miss.

For primary school, sorry i have no idea ~ abt it in SanYa. i've just know some good primary schools in HaiKou. there is a few billingual school in HaiNan. i realize that i should open one lol~~~~

ok, it's time 2 sleep~ . good luck ~ all~

Jan 9, 2009 15:07
GUEST42150 My wife and I would like to live/work in Hainan Island. My wife was a university professor of computer science/engineering for 14 years. Her first language is Spanish and taught in the Republic of Panama but she could teach computer science/engineering or math in English. That would be at the junior high school or high school level.

Where's a good place to get started? Are there placement agencies for a fee or is it a matter of sending a resume to various schools? Thanks, Vince/Sheyla
Page 2 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: expat life on hainan island, south
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code