Menu
expat life on hainan island, south
Mar 1, 2009 07:51
GUEST13239 There is a Pizza Corner in Sanya at Da Dong Hai. There is also a Coffee World co-branded there. That means real pizza dough and true coffee and frappachinos on a deck looking out to the ocean. Mandarin is on tv, and taught in all schools in China, and in EVERY locality, the local dialect is spoken. China is truly a multi-lingual society. All of Hainan is safer than most North American cities. Although pick pockets, thefts occur, practical common sense applies. Apts cost from US$40,000 to villas in the millions, up to you! High-end apt between US$60-100K. Rent about US$300-500. In Haikou, Coffee World hosts an expat-mother's luncheon about once a month. Please contact us for more info. Maybe we can help organize one for Sanya. We also have a CoffeeWorld at Yalong Bay. Drop us a line at emperorfoods.cn|office or see our website at www.emperorfoods.cn. It's a great place to live!
Mar 8, 2009 10:44
GUEST28122 Hi,

I am looking for a real estate agency in Hainan to understand how is the market and may be find something to buy (if possible for a foreigner?). Is someone aware of a skilled professional agency? Thanks
Mar 9, 2009 23:01
GUEST04262 If you are still looking for a good teacher, I am an American female living in Hainan, looking for a job teaching English. I have a year of experience, and am very enthusiastic. Please feel free to contact me: gmail.com|codyleighb or call me at 15091941007.

Thanks!

Cody

Mar 20, 2009 08:12
GUEST46245 hi Jaap,

Is it true that Hainan is crazy over 3-in-1 instant coffee ? I was told that for certain particular brand it cost about RMB 8.00 per sachet that served in cup.

Appreciate your sharing on this.
May 12, 2009 02:07
GUEST49121 Hi, i am a singaporean who used to study in Oregon and is now currently working in Haikou. It is nice to know that there are someone from Oregon here too. If u guys need help or some information, i will be happy to help. (No string attach) :)

Here is my email:
yahoo.com|email_yong
Sep 4, 2009 22:37
GUEST62166 Hi Everyone,

I am an American single man teaching English subjects in Colleges/Univerties here in China for the last 2 years and spent my vacation in Sanya. Could someone who knows of or somewhere to search for any teaching positions there get in contact with me.Absoutely LOVE the place. Appreciate your help !!

Sep 19, 2009 10:42
GUEST21131 heading to Hainan in Nov 09, Any interesting Photo locations?
are there places to tailor make the traditional dresses?
Any international schools for pre schoolers or good local english speaking schools?
Thanks
Feb 21, 2010 10:31
GUEST35156 everybody in china speaks putonghua, don't be afraid of going anywhere
Feb 21, 2010 10:34
GUEST35156 i presume you are from america
Mar 7, 2010 04:22
  • SCOOBSTER
Mandarin is in fact spoken everywhere here on the island I don't know what you thought it wasn't. Yes Hainanaise is the local language but in every day communication most people are speaking Mandarin. You will find that in the rural villages is where hainanaise is mostly spoken not in Haikou or Sanya!
Page 4 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: expat life on hainan island, south
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code