Menu
expat life on hainan island, south
May 29, 2010 23:55
  • DBESTWEBDEV
we have a website for expat visiting on hainan or in haikou China...the website is http://haikou-expat.com
Jun 22, 2010 05:31
GUESTPOOJA Hi Did you get a good kindergarten for the child
Jun 22, 2010 05:41
GUEST44366 Please can anyone advise me on the availability of kindergarten for a 2 tear old in sanya
Jun 23, 2010 10:28
  • SOPHIAWU
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST44366

Please can anyone advise me on the availability of kindergarten for a 2 tear old in sanya

It's a little difficult to find a foreign kindergarden in Sanya.What I suggest was home-schooling.
Jul 18, 2010 16:46
GUESTJOHN I know Hainan well and my advice is to avoid Sanya. Sanya is highly overrated, the real estate is way to high and the locals are terrible in the manner they increase prices for tourists.
By comparison there are several other cities on the island which have or are in close proximity to better beaches.
If I were opening a pub I would look at the capital Haiko. Real estate is far less, infrastructure is much better and the locals not greedy nor pushy as in Sanya.
There are less foreigners in Haiko but as others have pointed out the great majority of Sanya foreigners are Russian. Haiko has Universities where the young adults have a good understanding of english.
Chinese people generally do not drink much alcohol and do not like western cuisine so just be careful.Good luck
Oct 3, 2010 17:03
GUEST21193 Hello,
my name is Susan and I found your commentary. I hope you are still in Hainan.
My 5 year old daugter and me are going to China for some months and will stay in Haikou at least for 5 weeks. I also would like to meet for a cup of coffee or tea. My daughter is half Chinese half German and this is why we are going to China. My email is web.de|smoog555.
Hope to be able to contact you.
Best regards
Oct 10, 2010 04:31
GUESTDAN I am a semiretired male living in Hawaii, USA. I speak no Chinese but I did spend a month in Shanghai last summer and I am somewhat familiar with the Chinese culture by learning from friends here in Hawaii.

I would like to live in Hainan for a year or more, probably to teach English. How successful am I likely to be with little Chinese language skills?
Nov 28, 2010 10:08
GUESTLINDZ Dear Guest Dan, I think you better be advance more in mandarin before teaching english here, because i think the demands more on foreigner who need to learn speak mandarin.

Dear All, I've been living in Sanya due to work of my hubby 3 months, we already have residence visa and plan to travel to europe. Is there anyone can advise us regarding the agent who can take care of visa application for us? Because from what i know, we cant apply it in Sanya.

Thanks in advance!
Dec 7, 2010 07:42
GUEST07130 Hi All, I notice that many of you are asking about international schooling for kids in Hainan. I'm currently surveying the market with a view to establishing a school. For those of you who are looking for schooling, if you can complete my simple surevey online, this will provide me a better understanding of your needs, expectations and requirements. Take a look at this short survey containing 10 simple questions : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FZVRLZY

Alternatively you can visit my page in the Sanya Expat Network (better still, join yourself to chat with others in Hainan!) : http://sanyaexpat.ning.com/profile/RobertGow?xg_source=activity

Many thanks, Robert
Apr 27, 2011 10:08
GUEST36725 anybody know of a good real estate company in Haikou, Hainan Island..
Page 5 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: expat life on hainan island, south
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code