Menu
If I want to get married in China, what should I do?
Jun 4, 2010 20:17
GUEST90253 I got married in Guangzhou all I needed was a single paper from the US embassy. One picture of my wife and I together all my wife needed was th divorce certificate went to the civil office in Gunagzhou filled out some forms in Chinese. Read the forms translated in English. Went to another room that had some chairs for witnesses if you wanted them. Stood in front of the Chinese Gov official repeated what was written in english my wife said the same thing in Chinese. Exchanged the rings and Wa LA we were done and married. I got the little book that looks like a passport with our picture which is the marriage certificate. Took maybe 20 minutes at the most. Took some pictures in front of the Chinese flag and left married.
My wife used this marriage booklet to get a Visa to the USA and she got it right away.
Hope this helps sure is easier than waiting for the Idiots in the USA to give a Fiancee VISA. Cuts the time by 5 months.
Jun 4, 2010 20:20
GUEST90253 read what I just wrote in the posting
Jun 5, 2010 05:27
  • GAFFER
There is a lot of information on this site http://nanningandchinainfo.co.uk for people wishing to marry a Chinese citizen. Although the site originated in Nanning, the information contained is relevant for most of China. There is also a forum where advice is available from members who have already married in China, some now living in China, some not. Members are from UK, USA, Australia and Europe.
Last edited by GAFFER: Jun 5, 2010 05:29
Sep 21, 2010 01:45
GUEST17253 I am a U.S. Citizen and my fiance is a Jordanian Citizen we are both here in China I am on a tourist visa and he is on a student visa but decided not to go to school and we are waiting on his visa appt. with the US embassy here in Shanghai. We want to get married in China but do not know what we need to do. Also how much it will cost and where we need to go, and if it is at all possible. If anyone has any legit knowledge of what we can do if we can get married in China neither one of us is a Chinese citizen but still wish to get married here. So please only accurate information. For us this is something very special and important. So if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You, Two citizens from other parts of the world in China
Oct 11, 2010 07:07
GUEST32556 i'm male 43 years live in egypt marry me?
Oct 21, 2010 08:04
GUEST45134 I have done a bit of research and I am of the understanding that two foreigners can not get married in China. They just aren't set up to do it at this time.
Nov 9, 2010 05:15
GUESTG. HUSSAIN i want to get marry in canada. can it possible ? pz mail me at. yahoo.com|anmolattar
Nov 18, 2010 01:50
GUEST59170 how many years of visa chinese government will give after marry in china
Dec 5, 2010 13:33
GUEST27244 how can two foreigners get married in china?i have a resident permit till 2012 and my fiancee will come on a tourist visa,both legal age
thx
Dec 5, 2010 20:22
GUEST4019
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST27244

how can two foreigners get married in china?i have a resident permit till 2012 and my fiancee will come on a tourist visa,both legal age
thx

According to the law, you two can get married if you meet the requirements. But you have to make sure that the related laws in your country and your fiancee's coutry allows you and her can get married abroad. In other words, the laws admit that your marriage in foreign countries is valid.
Page 4 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: If I want to get married in China, what should I do?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code