Menu
Pay 20,000 RMB to her family??
Jun 19, 2008 13:33
GUEST33998 Pay it, im sure its the best chance you got of getting laid!
Jun 20, 2008 11:48
20 000 is nothing compared to what i had to give i had to give 180 000.00rmb and at the dinner party we had 38 tables 12 people per table each table cost 3800. RMbB and wedding ring cost 5999.00(USD) and we bought 13.5 ounces (378 grams) of gold and wedding pictures cost 7000 RMB
Jun 20, 2008 11:53
my wife comes from a rich family . her parents are factory owners giving anything less than 100 000 rmb would be an embarasment to her family.
her parents wanted this not cause they wanted the money because it would sound good

there are people who even give over 2 000 000. RMB to get a wife
Jun 20, 2008 21:09
  • FRANKENSTEIN
My god! You gave 180 000.00rmb to your wife's family. You are a rich guy.

2468, your name is an even number. Why the wedding ring cost 5999.00(USD) is not even?
Jun 21, 2008 00:47
GUEST2468 in some larger citys the locals would want more money but to marry a girl from a village or from a farm it would cost less. my wifes mom has friends that gave over 2 000 000.00rmb to marry a girl that was from a farm. they are people in taiwan who give 300 000.00 rmb to the brides parents
i heard some people even borrow money to get married if they dont have money
the wedding ring was bought from my country for that price. they also said the grooms ring also has to be bigger then the brides

now days the modern chinese like diamond rings instead of yellow gold rings. but when the chinese gets married they like to wear gold and buy red clothing
Aug 5, 2008 10:23
GUEST15522 Hello all,
I cannot believe my eyes when reading these posts. You men are falling into a trap with all the BS about dowry's and wedding expenses and on and on. I've read that money is not important, haha, you can't be serious as money is important because without it everything comes to a STOP. You cannot pay bills, have babies, eat without money, so stop the stupid comments that money is not important. Love conquers all a big BUT, you have to have money. Take note that money is always in the equation. If a woman is divorced, THERE IS NO DOWRY. Everyone believes Foreigners are RICH and that's true if one makes a comparison to poor people in foreign lands. The so-called rich man the US, Australia, UK or some other country may not be rich in his country but when compared to a small village in China, then yes he's rich. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUPPORT HER FAMILY. If the mother and/or father worked they do have a pension and medical insurance. Will they tell you---haha of course not. Why stop the Goose [U] who lays Golden Eggs [ATM, money transfers]. Do not become an ATM machine who keeps on giving and giving. If your woman wants a better life in a foreign country and you are of modest means then there will be no talk of lavish expensive wedding with gifts for people who may or may not be relatives. Recommend reading are some articles that can be found at the following Url: http://xsorbit28.com/users5/oldcodger/index.php
Aug 5, 2008 21:52
  • SONIA1985
GUEST15522 ,for sure money is important,people can not survice without money but need to get in a right way
Aug 7, 2008 12:11
GUEST15522 Sonia, true that money should be earned the right way, but as everyone knows it's the FREE money that is what many people want. The wedding scam which does exist, in fact it's flourishing is giving thousands to women who are corresponding with several or more men and are receiving money monthly. These men believe that they are helping "their girlfriend" and her family live a better life because they are poor. The men are pathetic, lonely, trusting, stupid men that have the "Knight in Shining Armor" complex. I know of one man who fits the description because he was a willing victim not once but two times. I warned him but he did not listen to me. He was getting advice from a website dedicated to Love in Nanning. Every story [scam] was told to him [mother needed an operation for 1 example] and he sent money and the list goes on and on. When it came to filing for the fiancee Visa there was always a problem of some kind. She never received the paperwork from him or never from the American Consul in Guangzhou or she mailed the paperwork to Guangzhou and they never received it. The second woman was very similar except she went to Guangzhou, brought her son, sister and a friend, yes HE paid for everything including airfare. I have no doubt that she took the train. Hotel rooms can be had for $40-60USD but she told him she couldn't find any rooms at that rate and that they were charging $150-200USD and yes HE paid. And yes again he never listened to any of the advice I gave him but did listen to everything he read at the Nanning Love forum. I see very similar things going on at this forum.
Aug 17, 2008 04:28
  • JACKAROO
CHYNAGYRL: Thanks for your compassionate post. When I read your post I thought that maybe the betrothal/dowry payment makes sense in the first marriage between two Chinese people but not the second marriage between a Chinese lady and a Western Man. I thought this because you brought out the extra costs that a Western man faces which are bringing up someone else's child (which is a generous act) when he probably has already finished bringing up his own and bringing new wife and her child to his country. There is as you say financial assistance in the future by way of his wife travelling back to China to support her parents in sickess for example, her and her child's trips back to see family in China and/or may bring her parents to his country. I think you post suggests fairness which I think is a new concept in this situation and I think it is great that you do so

Guest 15522: I agree with your synopsis. I think fairness will only happen if you demand it No doubt this will end most relationships but if you do not make a stand in the first instance you have opened a gate that will get wider and can never be shut. Oh the pain!
Feb 9, 2010 03:29
GUEST13190 2 years has past and the amount is still quite shocking to a fact. Not counting the travels and other stuff, just the dowry is like 88,000 RMB for my case. If I have to count up to other stuff the total will be like 128,000rmb at least.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Pay 20,000 RMB to her family??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code