Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Mar 12, 2011 23:07
GUESTGUESTB So before I found this thread, I decided to email the Chinese consultate asking what I would need to do given my circumstances (a DUI >10 years ago, no trouble sense). They told me to get a copy of the court paper and attach it, but went on to say that I did not have enough time to process the visa (the trip is in a few weeks).

I'm thinking of going the "no" route. I did a records search and it doesn't even show up on my record! Anyone think that my email could somehow be connected with my application (my name did appear on the email)?
Mar 15, 2011 06:54
GUEST06130 Just a quick note after reading this form....I was convicted in 1996 for procession of Heroin (1KG) and a 357 handgun in Canada and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. I am off parole now since 2007 got my passport in 2010 and applied for the L Visa (China) last week, got it back yesterday and has been approved…..JUST CHECK ***NO***….So excited leaving for China at the end of the month for 3 weeks…………
Mar 15, 2011 15:36
GUEST00184 I just got my work (z) visa!!!! HOORAYYY!!!! I used a visa service (paid extra for rush service) and checked no, and I got my work visa today!!!!!!!!!! Chalk one up for the "just say no" method!
Mar 18, 2011 03:53
  • ZIPFUN
Question:

In general,....are the rules stricter for a Z-visa instead of an L-visa?
Mar 18, 2011 04:38
  • JOHNNASH
The rules are stricter for a Z visa than an L visa.
Mar 18, 2011 06:41
GUEST33243 So when asked if you have a criminal record (for those who do) you just quoted No?

The only reason I ask, is I received a caution last year and am planning to go China in the next couple of moths.

I've been advised to go to the Chinese embassy up in London to get my Visa before I go, but am able to print out a form before hand, which does ask the question...
Mar 18, 2011 20:27
  • MILES
Please declare no for the item on your visa application form"Do you have any criminal record in China or any other country?"
Mar 20, 2011 21:02
GUEST00184 That's right, I have an extensive criminal record and I just got a Z visa with no problems at all by checking the "no" box
Mar 21, 2011 05:19
  • ZIPFUN
I have been thinking a lot these days.....most answers point "NO".....i'v planned to go to the ambassy next week and will answer "YES" on the "record" question for an L-visa. I have one record for shoplifting, 22 years ago. I'v wrote a little letter with some explanations about the fact. I think my chances are good my visa will be granted. I want to travel to China with a group, do'nt want any troubles at airports etc. and i like to go to China in future so "YES" will be the answer. Hope i'm wright.....
Last edited by ZIPFUN: Mar 21, 2011 05:20
Mar 21, 2011 09:05
  • DCARMAN
I am going to say not to assume anything. If you lie on an application and it's discovered, you will probably not go to jail but anything you try to do in terms of bringing your wife home or whatever will probably become one mighty mess.

With computerization and everything else don't be surprised. A nephew of mine years ago came to visit. I live near the Canadian border. He had a criminal record for something not serious but a criminal record, I want to say a drunk driving charge, he got stopped at the border and almost managed to talk himself into a Canadian jail.

So just be careful.
Page 26 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code