Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Jun 17, 2011 03:51
GUEST90154 what happens if you apply for a work visa and you submit a phony university degree and it gets found out?
Jun 18, 2011 03:49
  • HELPER
Your work visa application will be denied and you will be blacklisted if it is found out to submit a phony university degree
Jun 24, 2011 04:22
GUEST12457 look. here is a message to everyone. I am here now in my second year in china. i have a criminal record. don't tell them. it won't show up. if a certain province or certain school requires a police certifcate you can simply move to another place. admitting something on paper is the most foolish thing you can do.

plenty of people i know from africa, and other places have records and have been in china for years.

Bottom line JUST BEHAVE IN CHINA and things will be okay.
Jun 24, 2011 04:25
GUEST12457 but don't break the law in china. now, there is an advantage if you are already in china now. the embassy will see you have been here and just keep issuing visas. also, connections are important. the more you have and the more nice you are to people the more they can overlook things or turn the otherway.

but especially here in guangzhou i know many people who are building new lives here. some are even wanted for tax evasion in the US. don't worry to much. live your life and behave. just don't mark anything on paper. that's akin to a duck painting himself red and writing "shoot me" on his back during hunting season
Jun 27, 2011 04:02
GUEST16311 Thanks, will keep checking no on the app despite first app or 2 have checked yes.
Jun 28, 2011 15:59
GUEST69243 Ok, so I KNOW..that most perople say to check 'no' in the (criminal box)..but isnt lying, stealing..etc..what got us in trouble in the first place? I have a felony for theft and forgery (5 yrs ago)..but now want to travel to Vhina. I tried CALLING, EMAILING, FAXING ALL the Chinese Embassies in the USA to see if they could even give me a hint as to if i would be denied or accepted but NO ONE...NO ONE will respond to my questions..is there another phone number i can try to talk to a REAL PERSON!!
Jun 29, 2011 10:29
GUEST68155 did you or did you not read posts number 300 and 301 above?
Jun 29, 2011 17:50
GUEST21155 To me it sounds like those who have a criminal history are going to have to roll the dice either way; either take a chance they will call your 'no' bluff or take a chance that they will be sympathetic to your 'yes' reasoning.

I also note that their requests for police records that you produce yourself seem to indicate their unwillingness to check themselves unless you voluntarily give them reason too.

So the logical choice is "no". The only reason I can see for "yes" is some imagined 'peace of mind' that you won't encounter problems later. I say 'imagined' because there is no such thing as a "sure thing". Either answer could cause problems later. Suppose they decide later that the disclosed history that got you a visa is now grounds for removal; the Chinese government is incredibly fickle.

I suppose there is also a "moral" question of lying which I fully understand. To this all I can say, is that, based on my readings here, and my interaction with other Chinese bureaucracies, the people involved in the process don't really seem to WANT to know about your criminal history or anything that could complicate the process. It is a 'wink wink nudge nudge' kind of mentality that says "don't create problems that don't need to be created. Just tell me what I need to hear."

It goes without saying that any foreign peoples in China are there on good faith and should act in accordance with the local laws and customs. Be a positive ambassador for your country. Stop worrying about your past and set a good example now.

Just a guest who is thankful to have stumbled across this post. Thanks
Jul 6, 2011 00:43
GUESTGUESTGUEST I see that the laws are changing a lot. Once you get to china, will there be any further need to prove 'no criminal record' for residency permits and the like?
Aug 2, 2011 13:46
GUEST12211 I have a drink and driving offense, and have ticked No on my visa application form and got my chinese visa. I am worried now that the chinese will find out my criminal record when I arrive at Beijing airport and deport me. Any advice?
Page 29 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code