student visa to work visa
Jul 3, 2009 03:19
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jul 3, 2009
  • Status: Offline
I am a fresh graduate student who studied undergraduate in Guangzhou, and I just got my degree last June. I got an offer from a company in Shanghai and they requiered me to go there as soon as possible, but they haven't proceeded the working permit and working visa (Z). I still have a student residence permit until Sept 2009, I want to ask: is it ok to start working by using student residence permit? They told me to come there first, meanwhile they proceed the permits, but I think it will be very risky for me to start working without those permits. Besides, is it true that expats who want to work in Shanghai is requiered to have at least 2 years working experience?
Jul 16, 2009 00:46
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
  • Status: Offline
I would not be concerned about starting without the work visa, I have been in that situation in the past with the full knowledge of the local PSB - on the understanding that the employer was working through the administreative requirements. So make sure the employer gets on with it.

I don't know if the 2 year rule you mention is applicable but I doubt it as there are raw graduate teachers there. Don't worry about it, if it is an issue let the employer work around it - China is flexible in these matters.
Mar 4, 2010 01:10
GUESTVAKAS is it possible for student to work in china like other countries such as australia or not
Mar 12, 2010 07:29
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Mar 12, 2010
  • Status: Offline
contact with me ,our company is professiong at visa extension and tranferlation
Feb 14, 2011 10:06
GUEST37149 hii
i m about to complete my mbbs in july and my visa expires in september 2011.
so can i get any job here in china in some english speaking hospital as my chinese is not good or any other job?

how can i get a working visa in china?
Feb 14, 2011 19:26
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Nov 3, 2009
  • Status: Offline
You can try to find a job in some English speaking hospital in China, if your employer can obtain Alien Work Permit issued by Ministry of Labor and Social Security and Invitation Letter of Foreign Affairs Office for you, you have to return to your home country to apply for work visa, it is very hard to get a work visa within Mainland China. You have to exit China before the expiration date of your present visa, therefore, you'd better find a job before September.
Feb 21, 2011 00:43
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Feb 9, 2011
  • Status: Offline
yes!after you graduate from your school,and you must get a job,and then you can apply for working visa

Mar 15, 2011 14:00
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Mar 15, 2011
  • Status: Offline
I am currently going through the Z-visa process to work with a hospitality firm in Hangzhou, China. Without much knowledge of how the process works, all I am receiving from the hiring company is the occasional email of documents that they request for the process. I was wondering if someone could shed some light on how long the process takes in order to get the documents needed to appy for the visa. Thus far I have had a telephone interview and been offered a position via email, submitted my college diploma by email attachment, taken the required medical physical and sent the original medical documents along with 5 passport size photos to the company via fedex. Although all transactions have been through email, I would like more information on how the Z visa process operates. The HR manager advised me to contact him anytime if any questions arose. Without being overly-assertive, would it be good business practice taste to call him directly to get the details of the process. I guess my main concern is the increasing airline costs due to the MiddleEast turmoil and the fact that I already gave up my apartment and staying with friends temporarily to save funds.

P.S. I look forward to hearing all suggestions and opinions regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Jan 10, 2012 11:48
GUESTQASIM can i job in china on student visa? or can i contact a company to pakistan buisness man during study case?
Jan 10, 2012 19:37

Originally Posted by GUESTQASIM

can i job in china on student visa? or can i contact a company to pakistan buisness man during study case?

Sorry, students who hold student visa are not allowed to work.
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: student visa to work visa
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code