Menu
Why marry a Chinese girl?
Jan 2, 2008 21:42
  • MOONDOLLARS
I think Western women are independent to the point that they don't give face to men in public. No matter what ethnicity you are, men want to be seen as masculine in the public's eye. They want to be the rescuer, the warrior (maybe too strong of a metaphor).

Chinese women know how to be independent as well as give face to men in public. We have been taught by our parents differently. For example, my mom encourages me to be independent but not to the point where I am too headstrong. She teaches me that when I suggest something to my dad, even if he doesn't agree at first, to not push the subject and give him some time to think about it. He may change his mind later after thinking about it.

She has taught me other things in dealing with men that many girls have to go through bad experiences to learn...or they just never learn. I think there are just certain ways to deal with men and women.

- moondollars
http://community.faithvine.com/blogs/moondollars
Jan 3, 2008 12:00
GUESTA3 I think chinese girl are intelligente, beautiful, and less complicated than western women, maybe thats why chinese man prefer to stay there and have a better women. I im not an adult yet but most women of my country are complicated while most chinese girls I have seen are better in personality and beauty =)
Jan 4, 2008 01:57
  • ROMANCE
I am a Chinese girl and I often hear some positive comments on Chinese girls like:

1. "I extremely appreciate the natural beauty of Chinese girls. I am enchanted by long black hair and bright black eyes. Maybe not all of them look gorgeous. But you cannot say 'No' to their pure smiles."

2. "Chinese women carry on the merits of splendid Chinese culture. They are responsible for family, loyal to husband, honest to friends and hardworking. They always stand by you and support you, making you the best man you can be."

3. "Nowadays, Chinese women are more and more open-minded and independent. They can be traditional or modern at the right occasion."

To be frank, I am happy to hear that.
Jan 4, 2008 09:05
  • LIONPOWER
ROMANCE,
I feel it is not wise to express your criteria by yourself.
Jan 4, 2008 14:14
  • JCNILE123
Mr LP, I see on Miss Romance words, an optimistic, positive, self-conscious individual.
She happens to be a female and so, one of the many Chinese women that happens to hear these words from the counterpart’s male.
Should she turn deaf? Thus, she does not hear what others are saying.

As I read, all she said was Quote, (To be frank, I am happy to hear that.)
Jan 7, 2008 10:30
GUEST82502 i see the intelligence of the chinese woman has indeed fooled a lot of western men into their traps!

im chinese female myself, and all this talk about innocence, feminine, dainty stuff -- really is all a delusion we give to get guys to do want we want!!
Jan 7, 2008 20:38
  • LEONARDO
Quote: >>i see the intelligence of the chinese woman has indeed fooled a lot of western men into their traps!<<

GUEST82502, why did you degrade your fellow Chinese sisters by uttering such disagreeable speech? Did all the Chinese girls behave like what you described? Based on my personal observation, most Chinese girls are not "sophisticated" at all. Have they ever attempted to trap the western men? Did they ever try to present a delusion to western men? Read through all the posts followed the original thread, you will see most of the comments on Chinese girls are very positive. Western men have told their feeling about Chinese girls. BTW, most of them have a close contact with Chinese girls. Some married Chinese girls. I think that they have the rights to make a sound judgement. The word " fooled a lot of western men" may be too improper. Western men are smart enough to discern facts from "delusion".
Jan 8, 2008 01:07
Hello everyone. I have always admired the Chinese culture. I have recently thought long and hard about what I wanted in a woman and a relationship. Based on what I researched and what I have read on sites like this have strengthened my opinion about finding and marrying a Chinese woman. I have read the threads hear about the process but my question is what is the ballpark cost of such an endeavor?
Jan 8, 2008 03:05
  • DODGER
Leonardo,
Thanks for your words of support.
Some of us here have married Chinese woman, and not just because they are Chinese but because they have been the woman that we have looked for and have met and then just fell for. I cannot explain how this happens. It just happens.
I have been traveling to China for many years and have had the chance to fool around but never did because I was in a relationship.
So was I trapped or fooled?
My Wife has a Son living in Oz so could have moved here without having to marry me to obtain a visa.
Perhaps it is just case that this Guest thinks that other Women think the same as she does? She should not put other Chinese Woman in the same class as herself perhaps.
Cheers, Dodger.
Jan 8, 2008 06:05
  • NICHOLAS
Can I say that absolutely everybody's situation is different but:

In general, if you stereotype a race of people it is prejudice. Even if you believe it to be positive, you are still insulting. What individual wants to be loved because of your collective view of a race of billions???

Everybody deserves the right to be treated as an individual and not to be prejudiced, better or worse, by their genetic background. We don't choose our race but we do choose the kind of person we become.

Page 13 of 58    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why marry a Chinese girl?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code