Menu
Why marry a Chinese girl?
Nov 11, 2007 01:48
  • DODGER
Guest,
It sounds like you think we are a bunch of dirty desperate old men with bad track records and a score of ex Wife’s?
You insinuate that perhaps we are not genuine?
And no, I was not looking for a Chinese Bride, she just happens to be Chinese.
Being referred to as a “white man” also annoys me a little. Call me Anglo Saxon or European or even Occidental but not the white man tag.
But you are correct in saying that it is not just about physical attributes but much more.
Although I cannot speak for the other men here I have not been offended.
I am more than happy to read your point of view.
Dodger

Nov 11, 2007 03:06
  • CARLOS
Gust24215,

it is intriguing to note that there are a substantial no. of white men looking for Chinese women as spouses. I think You are right, and yet so wrong. I think in this forum there are men who find much more in their lives about Chinese spouse and Chinese way of life and China itself.
If generalizing, I think there are increasing no. of Western men looking for Eastern woman as a spouse. I was not looking for a Chinese, but she is, and I found myself a lucky one. If someone asks, I can recommend , only I have noticed there really are some limits for a man, too, to make it work with a Chinese woman.

most of these are matured men with records of broken marriages
I am one of them. Now it is easy to think of anything or something else and ask, why his marriage was broken etc. Well, after meeting my lao po I have done some recearch in this area and found out that Chinese women seek for a mature man. So supply answers to the demand.
Guest, You say no intention to offend. Well, despite of that, You almost did.

Carlos
Nov 11, 2007 10:17
  • JCNILE123
He, he, it really strike’s me funny to see this guess reply.
I suggest her to deem this forum to be an open forum to all, but use MAINLY
by western, overseas Chinese and Chinese people.
Therefore, the result is that you have western and Chinese people’s love
stories to read.
Based on my personal experience, I present my point of view about the reason
behind my choice of a Chinese person instead of a western person.
At 42 going 43, I am not a kid any more, lone gone are the days I used to party
all night lone, I think of a more center mature peaceful loving home with out the
need to have mtv, and all the western junk at home with out going to church.
Unfortunately, in the west, there is not a middle ground, or you are not crazy
because you are a religious person, or you are crazy because you are not religious.
I’m not religious and I’m not a mtv freak, so as I search for a wife I run in to a set
of issues I don’t cherish and so I reject them.
I will list the most relevant issues as I look for a wife.

As I look around for a woman my age for a prospect wife, I found a lot of them
searching for a husband too.
Problem, they act like a 65-year-old woman, they are overweight.
Have many pains on the knees; do not eat healthy, high cholesterol, high blood
pressure, diabetes.
But more important have children that think that they deserve everything, they want
name brand cloths and shoes, with a new car at age of 16, nothing wrong with that,
except that they don’t want to work, they don’t want to wash the dish they eat on.
In other words, someone let them to think they have to have everything because they
are so good.
So I do not need to take care of other people’s poor behavior.

If I look for an older western woman, I am in trouble, because at 40 they act
like 65, so, at 50 well , I let you figure it out how the act.
Nov 11, 2007 10:21
  • JCNILE123
Now if by chance you run on to an older woman single and in good shape.
Well there she is acting like a 20 years old girl, looking for a young man on his
twenties, what is worse you see mothers competing with daughter for the
attention of the young man, and in many cases they take the boys from the daughters.

I do not think I am good looking, sexy, wealthy, or crazy.

However, I can have a younger girl friend in the USA if I wish for, but I do not wish for
a western girl friend or wife any more, no special reason but just that.
I want my last marriage to be to other than western wife.

Good looking I am not but I hear many nice compliments from woman across the board.

Sexy I do not think I am, however if I attempt I can get attention.

Wealthy I am not; however, I have my future set.

Crazy I am not; there is nothing worse but an older man playing to be a 20
years old young man.
I have disdain for the older man that thinks he is a boy.

My dear future wife is 32 years old, with the fitness and the looks of a 25 years
old woman, smart without presumptions, gentle but firm, humble but proud,
dominant nevertheless assuring, her love is unconditional, her devotion has no measure,
her loyalty is deep as the sea.
Materialistic she is not, selfish she is not, smoke’s she des not.
Like to kiss, caress, walks down the beach, the trail, the city, and always have
this youthful smile on her face.

I made her mad ones; even then, she was so gentle.
If she cries, it is for love and pain and not for bitterness.

Nonetheless, more important she is so proud to be known as my woman and so I am her man.

To finish, I most certainly disagree with the other man in this forum, it do not happen for her to be Chinese, I desire her to be Chinese and so she is.

A broken marriage or not, this is what it is, I sure hope guess24215 it is a young virgin looking
for her first date and love.
Nov 11, 2007 22:11
GUEST24215 Someone above said that being called white is annoying/degrading. Hahaha - I love that. You guys have been calling other black, yellow & green. Now calling you guys white is not ok ? I believe that such degrading terms are coined by the whites themselves.
To be honest, it does not bother me whether anyone is offended or not by what I write here. I am trying to present my views only. You can accept it, ignore it or you can reject it or we can debate over it, if we feel like it - no problem with me. I am not offended by some comments members/guests made here too.

And we know very well that the phrase "No offence intended" does not really mean that - so I learned ! I think it is a very useful/effective - do you agree ?
You have your views here, I have mine. And I wonder at the need to go at length & the excitement of some to try to explain/justify what you are doing here or in China - but it doesn't concern me really & am not questioning the rationale behind it. As another guest said "I am just curious".
Have fun, guys. I still prefer "non-matured" Chinese men. Hahaha !!
Nov 12, 2007 03:01
  • DODGER
Guest,
If you write that you do not mean no offence why do you say you do not care if you do cause it?
I do not get the impression that any person here is trying to justify their actions.
It was me who said that I do not like being called “a white man”
If you new me better you would understand. I have traveled the World since I was 14 years old and have never used a colour to describe someone. I am colour blind.
I also fail to see any one here trying to justify them being in China.. Perhaps you are trying to understand the rationale behind us being on this site.
If you prefer young Boys that is you choice. Enjoy.
You sound like you have a very middle class American background, but as you are just as Guest here we will never know?
I would hope that a guest to my house would behave with better manners. Manner and etiquette seem to be a thing of the past now.
Dodger.
Nov 12, 2007 08:15
GUEST24215 Doggie, my dear. I think it is inappropriate to claim that this Forum is YOUR house and I YOUR guest !!
Even after looking at your profile, I daren't claim to know you as there is only a faceless pic (not that it is important to me). So, it will be too intimate for me to even imagine that I would know that you never call others by colours. It is common knowledge though, that people of your colour like to call others by colours. Do you agree on this ?
I trust you can differentiate between "You" & "You guys.." I was not referring to YOU alone - no, nothing personal against you. If I gave you this impression, I am sorry. It must be due to my poor communication skills and lack of common intelligence.
And since we don't know each other at all, let's not try to guess my background - it is a mindless effort.
And O yes, you are right - I do luv boys ( not young boys, as all boys are young, I think - so need to re-emphasise that ).

Luv U. Talk again.
Nov 13, 2007 14:43
  • DODGER
Guest24215,
My comment “I would hope that a guest to my house would behave with better manners. Manner and etiquette seem to be a thing of the past now.” Was not meant to infer that you are a guest in my forum. I lay no claim to that in my comments. But until you post a profile you are “a guest”
It seems that you have missed my point on this entirely.
Your post also seems to imply that because I am “White” I am also a racial bigot.
Not withstanding my lack of a suitable picture to post here and my concern for not wanting to scare children I still have a profile. You do not.
Within the group of people that I mix with it is not common to refer to others by their colour or their religion. So I do not agree that it is that common
I take nothing personal in what you say here.
It is not your poor communication skills and lack of intelligent that is in question here. You clearly demonstrate them here. It would appear to me to be more a lack of common curtesy and manners that are lacking.
So in closing I would only add that if you where a guest in my house your stay would be a short one.
You viewpoint has been interesting to read though.
Cheers, Dodger.
Nov 13, 2007 18:02
GUEST40122 Doggie luv, thank you for your comments. Here are mine :-

All of us are guests to this Forum - whether you are a "member" or not. From what you said, you seem to think that being a "member" with a pic/profile (of any sort) here has its privileges that entitles you to discriminate against "non-member". You know that joining as a member in Forum is as easy as being a "guest", I am sure.
Try to reason why the Forum now allows (or are experimenting) "guests" to post - other than perhaps "members" are not contributing enough.
If you cannot fathom the reason behind it, try asking (not necessary to ask me, hahaha ) ;).
Not courteous ? What is that ? Who spells what courtesy is - you ? I don't think I am not courteous - just presenting my honest views in an honest way & in my style, that obviously you & probably some other "privileged members" do not like. My comments were not targeting at any individual in particular but in general. But you directed your comments at me labelling that I prefer "young Boys". I actually prefer intelligent and "less-matured" Chinese men.
Or were you inferring that Chinese men are boys (not matured) ? O my god, that is not racial and discriminating ?
Racism & discrimination are everywhere, let's not utter words to fool others & particularly so in the white-predominant areas. All those who have been around (even without starting to travel with dad/mum since 14) is aware of this. And I didn't say that you were one - you assume so & indeed reveal so. Some people say things pleasing to the ears just for that purpose and when they are the minority - like what I feel most "members" are doing right in this Forum.
From my not as much life experiences, it is not uncommon to hear colour-related remarks - esp behind one's back. It is the naive & under-exposed who believes that this is not prevalent. Most of us just pretend that they are not there, accept them or such remarks are not aimed at us. After all what can one do about it singularly, right ?
With better education(if this is the reason) nowadays, one may not in one's rightful mind think that one is racial or harbour a "superiority" complex over others, but his/her action/words are often revealing - and of cos I am not excluded.
And no, no - sorry, that presumption of being a guest at your house never enter my mind at all. Your presumption is quite flattering to me but no thank you.
Btw, are the current crop of whites in Australia guests of the Aborigines or do you now consider yourselves natural members ? You can argue that being earliest there doesn't mean that the land is theirs, you know !! It is the powerful that calls the shots.
Enjoy your membership pl. Cheers !
Nov 14, 2007 08:19
  • JCNILE123
MY goodness,
This, otherwise smart and nice funny thread has been turn
in to a circus and a show of cold hearted and empty non-
constructive words of ego.

Because I am half-white only, I have never claim to be
white, any way I like very much my native status more
than anything.
Of course Asian I’m not, this place me in a neutral corner
by my self, so I can see and read others opinion with a
judgmental view, I almost forgot it, I’m from the USA.

In and out I have visit this forum a lot, I have read plenty
about the opinion of many members and guests here,
(by the way my respect to all of them), members and guest
alike.

My point is, I don’t think Dodger have come across ever as
a racist, of has ever made a point of any desire to use his
race to advance any of his ideas, nor have Dodger ever
been racially cruel or insensitive to any member or guest
here.

THEREFORE, I do not think this thread should be made a
battleground to advance ill perceive theories of racism and
inequality.

The continuous and persisting unrelenting desire of
antagonism and political, racial, personal attacks on to the
integrity on a well-known and respected fellow member
must stop for the well been of all, members and guest
alike.

Dodger is a well-known and respected member.

Guest 24215 and or 40122, you CAN by a great leader
and a guide to many other less knowledgeable Eastern
peers hunger for knowledge, as you see, the virtue of your
knowledge is wasted and ignore as you focus your writing
on , on, on, I don’t know what.

Any way, I think you are a very smart person.

Now, can we please go back to the thread?
(Why marry a Chinese girl?)

jcl.
Page 8 of 58    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why marry a Chinese girl?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code