Menu
Individualist and Collectivist Cultures
Oct 19, 2008 23:07
  • LEONARDO
Hello JOSHIRV57/ Blueyankee,

I am sorry to say that I feel propelled to address you again!
As I quoted the credo in my previous post reply to this thread, "Never do unto others what you would not expect them do unto you!” You are too belligerent. I have been trying to keep a distance from you and your posts. I tried to restrain myself and be tolerant to you hateful nonsense talking. When you said that you suffered from terminal illness, I felt my sympathy for you. When you were criticized widely, I didn’t say a word bashing you. I showed for my respect for you since I knew you are senior. However, I can’t understand why you are so mean and hateful to me. As a man of integrity, I have to speak for myself and defend my dignity.

>> Its a shame that you do not answer all the questions which are asked of you,but instead wonder what right some one has to ask,when I have been here only a few days
reading your threads and replies,and yet you question my questions to you,and offer a challenge as to why or what my purpose is. What is your purpose,of being a
person who has acquired so much knowledge that when asked,you do not give any explanations at all,instead you ask why a person would ask you such questions<<

I am totally confused about what you are talking about. Forgive me! About one year ago, I got this forum. I found people in this forum are friendly and helpful to others. People of different origins exchanged thoughts here. I came here to learn instead of quarrelling with someone I didn’t know. I never claimed I was knowledgeable. On the contrary, I found all other members I have been acquainted with are informative. They enlightened me with their rich life experiences and insightful thoughts, which is not what I can learn from reading books about western society and culture. From the bottom of my heart, I have spent a joyful year here and I am grateful to all friendly friends I have encountered on the forum. That’s why I frequented this forum. Visiting this forum has almost become a daily ‘must-do’ for me as long as I am not too busy.

After the Advent of You, it seems that you carried a “Pandora’s Box” unleashing your ‘great power’. It has all changed. I am unwilling to call you ‘a troublemaker’ but you did make trouble for me. You are too hard on me!

>>A person who is so informative and intervening all the time in others threads, must certainly be a Old Man, and have learned from many years of life experience,. You must be very old, and most certainly not a young man. <<

Blueyankee, do you really think that “Age” matters a lot?
Wow, perhaps, you are right! I should be an old bloke. Suppose you and me are old farts, we should be mentally sound. On my mind, a majority of senior citizens are benevolent, kind and gentle. Now matter how ill-tempered at youth, your temper is supposed to be milder when you are old. Mild temper is good for your health when you are old. This is my earnest advice for you.

Oct 19, 2008 23:08
  • LEONARDO
Dear Blueyankee,
I wonder if you are really curious about my age. You want to see how older I am than you? I have a tiny proposal: immediately after you show your real life picture, I will change my avatar to my real picture. It’s win-win deal because I am also interested in how you look like. Frankly speaking, I have met many American friends, but you are very different.
Feb 18, 2009 11:16
GUESTS. HAYES I feel that you all have great poiunts, but when it all balls down its what you feel is best for you. Rather you are acting or thinking alone or as a group. It is what you grew up in and what you choose to be a part of.
Feb 23, 2009 10:10
GUEST10225 What sunnydreams say's is all from the book of International Business about individualism and collectivist. read this book then you will know what sunnydreams pointed out. if you keep arguing better to read the books so you would know what its all about right??? Good luck!!!
Mar 25, 2009 15:02
GUEST84211 When it comes down to it cultures are not all entirely either collectivist or individualist. There can be individualism within what is generally considered a collectivist culture. Likewise there can be collectivism within what is generally considered to be and individualist culture. Cultures are not strictly either collectivist or individualist. Don't forget we have sub-cultures within these cultures.
Apr 3, 2009 01:30
GUESTMAGNIOLLE my country is mostly collective
Apr 30, 2009 14:31
GUESTROBERTBANK Just wanted to say hi to everyon wondering if my signature works.

If anyone wants to learn how I "work" just 30 mins a day and bank 6 figures yearly. Check out my sig ;)
Apr 30, 2009 21:27
GUESTRAYNTAN Hello I'm ryan i'm new here. I just wanted to drop a note to say hello and i'm pleased to be here.
May 1, 2009 02:40
GUESTRAYNTAN Hello I'm ryan i'm new here. I just wanted to drop a note to say hello and i'm pleased to be here.
May 2, 2009 01:05
  • WANHU
Welcome to TCG Ryan. I'd suggest you register then more TCG family members will know you.
Wan
Page 3 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Individualist and Collectivist Cultures
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code