Menu
China, India, who will lead the 2nd world?
May 16, 2008 14:46
GUEST14967 JC -

You are a very opinionated person , in 1950 per capita income of India was 40% more of China , due to closed policy of Indian Goverment in the past economy grew slowly .
In 1980 my Uncle visited China on business trip and he was surprised to know that people in Beijing who had toilet in their houses were considered as affluent . There is enormous gap between City people ( cities i East cost of china only) ad large rural population , large no of Chinese cities are considered by WHO ( world health organization ) as the most polluted cities in the world . Also 90% of the export in China is dine by european and US companies subsidaries . They are far behind India in terms of private enterprises owned by Indians.
India has highes no of Billionaires in Asia , 46 , more than japan .

The probelm of India is improvement in Governece and inclusion of all section of societies in growth path , there is plenty of wealth .
Politically India is a democracy and human rights record is worst in China where they execute highest no of people every year in the world

You have not seen from this angle . The growth in India is far from multi dimensioal and system is correcting itself with every passing day .
I am very sure that in 20 years or so , India will be far ahead of China and its growth even at that juncture will be one of the highest in the world . Indian are far superior in management , higher education and private enterprise .

India has just started and economy was opened in 1990 where as China started openeing the economy in 1970 . So you need to wait for another 15 years to see where China and India stand , I am very Sure like American Indians are far ahead of every other commuity in America , India will be far ahead of China at that juncture .
May 16, 2008 21:45
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
Wow, this is a heated debate! I'm not sure whether "2nd World" actually means anything, but here are my two cents...

Both coutries are so big and internal economic disparities are so large that it's almost callous and irresponsible to discuss "world dominance" and "2nd World" status. India and China both have relatively many billionnaires, but they also have more impoverished people than most countries in the world. I'm glad that the two economies are growing, but, unless development starts to spread more evenly and becomes sustainable, the economic miracles will result in tragedies.

Who has a fighting chance of actually achieving sustainable and equitable growth? At this stage, I'm not sure. But for the sake of more than a third of the people in this planet*, I hope they both succeed.

[*The combined populations of these two giants is more than 35% of the global population.]

May 17, 2008 08:55
  • JCNILE123
(((JC -

You are a very opinionated person)))

Yes, I am, and so; every one individual that post anywhere, here included.

Thank you.
May 19, 2008 20:53
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Eh? Why?

1. Why do we need to know who will lead the 2nd world?
2. What exactly is a 2nd world?
3. What and why does it matter who will lead?
4. Why is there a need for any of the two to lead?
Sep 11, 2009 05:05
GUESTINDIA their is everything in india to become a military and economic superpower.
we only need "one leader " who can unite whole of india.
at this time whole country is moving randomly without any goal,mission or purpose.but i have seen a tiny spark in everybody.
so just wait for the right time!
Sep 30, 2009 14:54
GUEST96141 I think initially it will be China, but finally it will be India. Because China has a vision & direction, India lacks both. So definitely China will lead initially till they become a member of the 1st world country & will compete the US & EU there. Where as at that time India will definitely lead the 2nd world, for a very long time at least. With fastest growing population (mainly poor population!) in the world, and vast difference in terms of wealth distribution in the society, it is extremely difficult for India to move up to the 1st world within any foreseeable future.
Oct 6, 2009 01:53
  • RAKESHSEMWAL
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

Unless India can overcome its “caste system” which stops its people from improving their social position, even with education from improving their lives, the whole country will not move forward as quickly as it needs to.
It will be stuck with a huge population who are destined to live their lives in poverty
Dodger.

Legally there is no caste system that prevails in India and it’s illegal to discriminate anyone on the basis of so called caste. So we have right rules on place.

It is the misnomer that is being speeded by outsiders, for what? I don’t know.

Yes socially there is caste system but it is redundant as everyone enjoys equal legal rights and due reservations are offered in govt jobs for those who were socially depressed before freedom of nation.

Indian private sector is most prudent in the world for no doubt, and it never discriminate in its public when it comes to offering jobs and promoting people.

Come in India, You are always welcome here, see it deep inside and experience the truth, I am sure you ll offer apposite view on same fourm.

Thanks and regards.
Rakesh

Oct 6, 2009 02:32
  • RAKESHSEMWAL
I doubt any single country can ever lead the world. Yes there can be power centers for different reasons on time axis and China and India are going to in those centers.

On the same side? Not sure.
Oct 6, 2009 02:50
  • RAKESHSEMWAL
Quote:

Originally Posted by MUDDIEDKNEES View Post

Wow, this is a heated debate! I'm not sure whether "2nd World" actually means anything, but here are my two cents...

Both coutries are so big and internal economic disparities are so large that it's almost callous and irresponsible to discuss "world dominance" and "2nd World" status. India and China both have relatively many billionnair...

Excellent!!!!!!!
Oct 6, 2009 04:24
  • RAKESHSEMWAL
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST96141 View Post

I think initially it will be China, but finally it will be India. Because China has a vision & direction, India lacks both. So definitely China will lead initially till they become a member of the 1st world country & will compete the US & EU there. Where as at that time India will definitely lead the 2nd world, for a very long time at l...

This is called

Self full filled prophesy,
Page 7 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China, India, who will lead the 2nd world?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code