Menu
Drinking beer to test whether you should get married or not!
Oct 10, 2007 04:33
  • BBQQ
Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Have you decided when to get married? If not, just test yourself by drinking beer. (Just for fun).

If you friend propose a toast to you, how much beer will you drink?

No,1. Drink half mug of beer.

No.2 Just sip a little.

No.3 Drink a mug of beer.

Which one will you choose?
Oct 10, 2007 08:22
Usually you toast someone with something like sherry rather than beer.
But it would be only a sip so No.2 would be your answer.
Unless you're an animal like me and down it in one, he he
Oct 10, 2007 18:31
  • LIZXLI
Frankly I have allergy drinking beer or any wine,so my answer would be No.4,hehe...to choose other kind of drink.^_^

So when should I get married?Maybe never? ^_^
Oct 10, 2007 20:17
  • WINDENERGY
Yes, I have a girlfriend, but have decided not to get married. ^^_^^
Single life, although lonely at times, has several distinct advantages to the travelling type.

If somebody proposes a toast to me, lassie, if the follow it with the words "bottoms up" and/or "GanBei", you can be sure that I will drink the entire mug in one breath. he-he.

I learned this skill by growing up in the Rock-n-Roll capital of the world (Cleveland, Ohio), where the people there "Party Hearty".

__WINDENERGY__
Oct 11, 2007 04:02
  • ICEBERG
I choose No.2. Looking forword to the result.
Oct 11, 2007 12:11
  • CARLOS
If someone proposes a toast to me, then drink bottoms up. Only hope it is not a full mug of beer.

When I invited my lao po´s family to dinner, I learnt quick that always keep an almost empty beer glass on the table.
All wanted to have a toast with me and I had to drink bottoms up.

When I noticed this evening I´ll be drunk, I apologized my lao po about that, and it was good I did. At night I could not apologize or speak anything else.

So, I was kinda lucky having almost empty glasses in front of me when toasting. Otherwise I think I would have passed away or died.
Oct 12, 2007 07:46
I would have asked for a top up. he he
Oct 13, 2007 10:21
  • GHOST
Too right, Lizxli!

I don't like the taste of beer so I agree with you - No. 4 sounds good: choose something else.

So, hey, maybe the two of us should meet! It's not only beer drinkers who can get married! Haha....!!
Oct 15, 2007 12:09
  • APAULT
Carlos is right. On a day by day basis I drink more beer than most people, but when I'm involved in Chinese ganbei's I resort to tricks like Carlos says. The host has to get you well and truly pi..ed or he has faikled in his duty as a host. I slip water into my baibiu glass whenever I can, and dilute the beer too. Well, the host often cheats!!! he will have a drink with you then send his staff or family to toast you one by one.

I have grown up kids and I taught them not to give in to peer pressure. I don't want to be forced to drink to get drunk and I refuse to give in to peer pressure, despite the Chinese culture in this matter. I would also suggest that the western attitude that we should drink responsibly is one that we must explain to our hosts...but not at the time of toasting and he's already had a few as it will be wasted breath!!

Oct 16, 2007 01:26
Quite right Paul, responsible drinking is the only way, as I have said in another post I have only been legless about 6 times in about 38 years of legal drinking, and a couple of not so legal years. he he
I used to be a heavy drinker in my younger day's about 14 pints a night and even drank 28 pints in one night ( drinking contest ) but that was a one off thankfully, I hasten to add I was still sober on that occassion.
Not very clever of me and never repeated, honest.
Oct 18, 2007 23:04
  • DAVEC
LIZXLI, I thought I was the only person allergic to alcohol. I am the same in this situation, couldnt get married.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Drinking beer to test whether you should get married or not!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code