Menu
Do you ever taste taco?
Oct 18, 2007 03:58
  • BBQQ
Have you heard of Taco? It is the most popluar food in Mexico. In the lastest Health magazine, taco is chosen as the healthiest food. No wonder KFC in China has produced its Mexican Chicken Burrito. Do you ever taste Taco and Mexican Chicken Burrito?

Taco.

Oct 18, 2007 04:09
  • BBQQ
No.2

Chinese style burrito, haha.

Oct 18, 2007 04:19
Not yet, but would like to have a try!
Oct 18, 2007 04:39
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
I don’t know what magazine would report that Mexican food is good for you but If the writer would put out a article like this with his career on the line, the Chupacabra has something to do with it.
Oct 18, 2007 05:34
It can be made low fat so maybe this is what the writers article is about.
Oct 18, 2007 05:45
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
I guess its possible. If they could market pork rinds as a health food to dieters than anything is possible.
Oct 18, 2007 06:45
  • DAVEC
We have mexican in UK, can get tacos in restaurants and also as a 'make it yourself' kit from supermarkets. I love them
Oct 18, 2007 09:44
  • APAULT
I think the Chinese one is healthier. Taco's are tasty, but how healthy depens what you put in them. If you use fatty beef mince and add a good layer of cheese or sour cream.... that can't be healthy. I can't help thinking that article might have been sponsored ..hey Senor?
Oct 18, 2007 17:35
  • GRIZ326
hehehe...you are such a cynic Paul.... ROFLOL!!!

Tacos and burritos are okay. I rarely eat them because I gain weight when I do.

I'm with Paul...Chinese food is healthier...but I still gain weight when I visit China. I'll be a BALLOON after teaching English for 2 or 3 years.
Nov 19, 2007 00:33
  • SHIVAH
^_^ hi im actually mexican oh yes inventors of the taco =D

tacos can be very yummy all depends on what you use to flavor your meat. PLEASE don't think tacos from KFC are any good T_T

heres a good recipe for a good mexican fried taco my mom makes these so the recipie is not all that exact, she always adds a little here and there =D experiment yourself too!

(and you're right, its probably not the healthiest thing out there and sure you can cut down on the fat but <_< honestly that cuts on flavor too)

Ruiz "flauta" Tacos

Ingredients:

18 small tortillas
2 chicken breast
1 bunch of cilantro - chop finely
3 tomatoes
2 onions
serrano chili, or any chili as desired
lard or oil
salt and pepper
sour cream
shredded cheese

Procedure:
Cook the chicken in water with salt and pick off the bone- you can flavor the chicken by adding 1/4 onion and a chili in the boiling water.

in a pan:
slice one onion in thin half moons and sautee till tender and caramelized
add shredded the chicken to this and the finely chopped cilantro and saute in the pan for 2 min.

Put a little of the chicken on each tortilla and roll them to form tacos. Fry them in the lard or oil by placing them seam side down.

Salsa:
Toast the chilis and the tomatoes. Dice them up.
Fry the diced onion in two tablespoons of lard. Add the diced chilis and tomatoes.
Slowly boil the salsa until the flavor peaks and it thickens a little. Serve on top of the tacos.

to Serve:

Top with salsa, shredded cheese and sour cream

please enjoy!

Nov 19, 2007 03:31
  • BBQQ
Thanks for your recipes, Shivah. It looks great. Mouthwatering. I would like to have a try.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you ever taste taco?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code