Menu
Are you willing to go shopping with your GF or wife?
Nov 8, 2007 19:23
  • DREAMLIFE
Quote: Actually I have been shopping with my lao po, and liked it, but we were not shopping clothes, shoes or something else like that.

Carlos, did you go window-shopping with your wife? If I decide to buy something, I will make a plan: where I will head for to seek my 'objective'. And then go there and make a comparison, then make a decision which one I will choose.Finally, pay for it and go back home. Very simple!

Nov 9, 2007 05:40
  • DODGER
Dreamlife,
If it was only that simple?
If it was I would love to shop.
I love my Wife but shopping for anything other than food or beer is not on the agenda.
It is like walking into hell!!
Dodger.
Nov 9, 2007 08:32
  • CARLOS
:-) No, we did not buy any windows either, Dreamlife.
I agree with Dodger, if the target would be thought beforehand, shopping would be nice with any woman. But, but, putting a man to a judge of taste, it is not very wise. I always say "You look fine with any clothes, my love. And without."
I have no nerves to spend hours comparing clothes and giving opinions which finally are worth nothing.
Still I am asking: where are that big tv-screen and beer? Have not seen them in any ladies clothing shop.

Carlos
Nov 10, 2007 10:25
  • APAULT
Carlos: you have an idea for a great business opportunity .. open a bar in a women's clothes shop!!!! The men will have aplace to hide. Otherwise, using a concept from Oz, shopping is strictly 'secret women's business' !

Don't forget that Chinese English is not quite the same as the real thing. Many women who say they are 'going shopping' don't really mean it. They should say they are 'going to the shops', where they will feel and pick up clothes they have no intention of buying, and buy a bargain hairclip for 5 rmb!
Nov 12, 2007 02:44
I got go shopping with my ex and my daughter on Saturday and go to the football & pub so I got the best of both worlds.
Nov 12, 2007 03:46
  • JIMMYB
Paul, you are right. Most Chinese girls just go to the shops, not go shopping. Sometimes, they spent a whole day in different shops. Finally, they did not buy anything. I can not understand what they were doing. To open a bar at women's clothes shops is really a good idea, worth trying. I just wonder if those shops could offer some stools for their customers. While your gal trying on new clothes, you just stand in the shop like a post. What is your feeling? The boss of the shop must understand that it is not an easy thing for men to go shopping with his GF or wife, especially 'going to the shops'.
Nov 12, 2007 04:45
GUEST1012 Somebody here knows "Most Chinese girls"??

Is it a trend to talk big in this forum or is it some people's habit?
Nov 12, 2007 09:37
  • APAULT
Go shopping with your Ex, Westy? That sounds like masochism, shopping is bad enough when we do it for love and duty.
Nov 12, 2007 11:21
It's not that bad Paul, We are still close friends, it's my daughter who did most of the spending with her designer gear, having said that, I bought a Nike sweatshirt for myself, it was bloody cold on Saturday and I only had a football shirt on ( the one I'm wearing in my picture ), I had goose pimples on goose pimples, Brrrrr
Anyway we had a nice meal together before I headed off to the match and a few cups of Bovril, the lager got consumed after the match to celebrate a hard earned draw and Bristol City got hammered 6-0.
Alan.
Nov 12, 2007 19:27
  • JIMMYB
GUEST1012, I apologize for my words. There are some exceptions. May I take the liberty to say that you are one of the exceptions? At least, I find that girls around me like go shopping or go to the shops.
Page 3 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you willing to go shopping with your GF or wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code