Menu
What do you think of ‘Triangular Love’?
Nov 15, 2007 01:42
  • LEONARDO
Recently, I watched a Chinese TV series, which features the theme of ‘Love Triangle’/Triangle Love. I want to do a research on the topic of love triangle. I googled ‘triangle love’ but only found a definition of the term from wikipedia, which reads that ‘a love triangle is a romantic relationship involving three persons.’

I have noticed that someone has talked about China’s mistress phenomenon in this forum. However, I do think that “keeping mistresses” is quite from “triangular love”. It seems to me that “triangular love” is more pure than “mistress phenomenon”. I am not sure whether my understanding of “triangular love” is right or not.

“Love triangle” is a popular topic in Chinese movies and TV series. Is it a popular topic in your countries’ film-making industry? In a relationship of love triangle, three persons’ feelings tangled (or twisted) together. Usually, the triangular love ends up with bitterness or trauma of two or three protagonists. Personally, I haven’t experienced the love triangle, but one of my friends has ever been trapped in the triangle. For me, it is mysterious.

Is it very painful to make a choice in the twisted triangle? One of the three parties has to quit. Will you quit for the sake of the one you love and his/or her love? I want to hear what you guys’ views on “Triangular Love” are.
Nov 16, 2007 01:24
  • DAVEC
It is a hard thing. I have been in a situation where I have loved 2 people but ultimately had to decide on just one as obviously it wasnt right.
I spent lot of time making my decision and afterwards lots more time pondering whether I made right choice. Time will tell.
Nov 16, 2007 02:22
  • BBQQ
Dave, once you made your decision, you just need to keep on it. Hesitation sometimes brings more harms.

Quote: Is it very painful to make a choice in the twisted triangle? One of the three parties has to quit. Will you quit for the sake of the one you love and his/or her love?

Leo, definitely it is painful to struggle in the twisted triangle. To answer your second question, I would quit. What about you? You just ask us to answer your questions but you have not shown yours.
Nov 18, 2007 05:04
  • CARLOS
I personally couldn´t think having triangle affair. IMO love is non divided; can really love only one. If fall in love to another means there is not real love to earlier any more if it has never even existed.

Carlos
Nov 19, 2007 01:06
  • DAVEC
Doesnt have to be an affair Carlos. Maybe you love someone but then an ex bf/gf meets you again and your feelings havent changed. It is possible to love 2 people, and its a nightmare.
Nov 19, 2007 02:38
  • SUNNYDREAM
Love triangle is like the "Bermuda Triangle". Once you are involved in, it is hard for you to escape from.

BBQQ, you would quit. Sometimes, you have to compete for love. Love needs you to show more passions not just to give up in front of your 'love enemy'. Survive the fittest. Although I don't believe in Darwinism, in terms of love, it seems true.
Nov 19, 2007 02:53
  • CONNY129
Well, it is too complicated for me, if in case I were in this situation, I'll get out of it as quickly as I can.
Nov 19, 2007 03:14
  • BBQQ
Sunnydream, I see your point. We should compete for our happiness. However, sometimes, we should also learn to give it up. I do not want to put the one I love in embarrassment. If I could not stay with him, I would let him go. The happiest thing is to see him live happily though I would feel heartbroken.
Nov 19, 2007 04:39
  • DODGER
Davec,
I understand what you mean.
But do these BF/GF reapear for the right reasons?
Dodger
Nov 19, 2007 08:50
  • FAERIEQUEENE
it's apparently the cinema....the topic resonates some tunes of a classic cantonese pop i recently came across...the dilemma evoked is not unlike the ambiguity... talked about here

最愛是誰 - 林子祥 http://www.georgelam.net/db/lyrics.asp?CID=19&SongID=6

I do not experience this feeling but it appears this could quite probably happen... Is it one's weakness that one can't tell who one loves, who's the most beloved in life?
Nov 19, 2007 20:09
  • ICEBLUE
Hi Queen,

The lyrics are quite well-written. The lines reflect the complicacy or human feelings. Sometimes, it is really hard to tell oneself who is the most beloved in one's life. Perhaps, for the whole life, we are in quest of our true love. However, we end up with the confusion about if she/he is the most beloved one in life.

To some extent, we can say that it is one's weakness that one can't tell who one loves, who is the most beloved in life. Human feeling is subtle, complicated, uncertain and even changeable.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of ‘Triangular Love’?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code