Menu
Private guns in American families
Dec 15, 2007 20:37
  • ICEBLUE
>>We are not a bunch of renegades - the USA is one of the safest places to travel to. I personally live in Las Vegas and though our overall crime rate is a bit higher than I'd like, Vegas - like the rest of the USA is a very safe place to travel to. <<

As far as I am concern, Las vegas nicknamed as " City of Sin". Gambling, Strip dance, gang-fighting, prostitution, other evil things happened in Las Vegas. Is it safe to live?
Dec 27, 2007 21:16
  • FRANKENSTEIN
ICEBLUE,

I guess you got the knowledge of Las Vegas from " Big Sreen". So did I. The scenario depicts in the previous pics might be a little overstated.
Jan 22, 2008 21:37
  • SUMMERSNOW
Gun ownership is a right that was endorsed by American Constitution. The Independence War is in nature a rebel in which private-owned arms is essential for the success of the revolution. American forefathers who drafted the constitution was aware of the importance and value of private gun ownership. Hence, the gun ownership was included in the constitution. American is country of law-ruled country in which the supremacy of constitution is highly valued. Additionally, the procedure of amending the constitution is very complex. It is very difficult to make an amendment to be passed.
Jan 23, 2008 21:30
  • GARYKINKADE
the saying goes "when guns are confiscated then only the criminals will have them". when this country outlaws the possession of firearms with the excuse of too much crime then i'm going to start looking over my shoulder for the real reason.
Jan 23, 2008 22:12
  • MARRIE
quotes from OF HOLOCAUSTS AND GUN CONTROL / washington university

"The strong do what they will, the weak endure what they must." The Founders of American democracy saw the persistence of this Thucydidean reality. They rejected the concept of a state monopoly of armed power--"the most dangerous of all monopolies," according to Madison--in favor of "the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation."

Jan 23, 2008 23:11
  • JCNILE123
Amen, Marrie you got it!
Jan 29, 2008 21:17
GUEST1010 American forefathers are out of good intension. In their time, " the advantage of being armed " is prominent. Being armed helped them gain independence. As time passes by, the disadvantage of being armed emerged. Gun-related crimes are on the rise. American citizens abuse the private guns without enough restraint. Campus violence occurred frequently.Lots of law-abiding citizens were victimized.
Mar 4, 2008 21:56
GUEST2606 If the American forefathers see so many gun crimes happen in USA, they would abandon the individual gun-ownership. In many cases, the rights and freedom were abused. Freedom also needs to be under control.
Mar 5, 2008 22:52
  • GRIZ326
I doubt the founders of USA would ever abandon the 2nd Amendment of the US constitution. It is my opinion that they would have eliminated those who commit crime with guns with strong enforcement.

Early Americans were a tough bunch and prepared to do whatever it took to be free.
Mar 10, 2008 21:14
  • LEOPOLD219
Griz, what is it about the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution?
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Private guns in American families
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code