Menu
visa help!
Nov 24, 2007 16:26
guest21106 hi guys, i live in the uk and have a police caution, although this is not a conviction i am worried if this will prevent me getting a tourist visa?
thansk a lot for the help!
Nov 25, 2007 00:45
  • GHOST
I shouldn't think so. To my knowledge they don't ask for police records when issuing tourists visas. However, you may get into difficulties if you want to apply for a work visa - depending on the type of job you go for.

I think you'll be okay.
Nov 25, 2007 05:34
  • MICKKINCHINA
Hi guest 21106
For a tourist visa I don’t think you will have a problem! There is no question asked about criminal records on the application form, so you do not have to say anything! But as with anything it depends what it was for and how long ago! I hope this helps.
Regards Michael
Nov 25, 2007 07:02
  • APAULT
NO PROBLEM!
Nov 25, 2007 10:08
GUEST15068 ah thanks a lot guys! thats settled my mind a bit!
Yeh Its for theft by employee, whoch sound bad but in reality it wasnt worth much at all, and i was being blackmailed to do it, which the police realised and let me off with a caution.
I think that drug related records are the ones that produce the main problems? or am i wrong?
does anyone knwo how this caution will prevent me from entering any other country? Only on tourist visa's. I am aware that USA will be a slight problem but i am not to bothered about that, i'm more interested i Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Nepal, Brazil, Japan etc Many of these dont require visa's so i dont think they sould be a problem?
thanks a lot for all the help!
Nov 25, 2007 23:58
  • APAULT
No, it is not just drug related. The US has had a convictions question for at least 30 years but it does not include certain minor convictions especially where 'no conviction is recorded'.

HEY what are you saying... if you had a caution and did not go to court you have not been convicted!!!.
Nov 26, 2007 14:34
  • MICKKINCHINA
Maybe so but it still goes on his record and can be seen by a crb check even if its not a conviction, depending if it is a A,B,OR C Offence, and then depending on his age when he received the caution, and how long ago! Will determine how long it is seen for before it steps down. Once it steps down it will remain there out of site for a period of 100yrs with only police access to view it. Well this is as I once heard it!
Please anyone correct me if I am wrong! I’m curious myself now he he.
Nov 26, 2007 17:32
GUEST25214 yeh but will a crb check be done for everyone who applies for a visa? i will never require a working visa as i am not interested in living away from the UK, i just like it too much here! but it has always been my dream to travel, away from the common family holiday areas, having said this my parents are in Nepal as we speek!
and yeh i heared it is stepped down (well i hope it is) after 5 years, and for more extreme cases, 10 years, but is never totally gone. anyone have anymroe knowlage on this subject?
i'm 18 and it happened a couple of weeks ago, it wasnt my fault but i didnt want to risk explaining this to the police as i ddint want to get into the complications with the otehr people involved (they are not nice people at all!)
I haave found an oline tourist visa application for China, and there is a question about criminal records, is this not the correct form for the uk?
thanks
Nov 27, 2007 05:44
  • MICKKINCHINA
Sorry!! I have just looked at the New visa application form that has just been released online and you are quite right there is a section on criminal records. "I stand corrected" but they also say that just because someone has a crimminal record, they will not automatically be refused, I would think that it will depend on the offence and when it was committed.
Nov 27, 2007 10:32
  • APAULT
You have not been convicted of a crime!!! It is irrelevant that the police have details on record.
Nov 27, 2007 10:40
GUEST25214 yeh there is a question, but i'm thinking that if i just answer no to that question, they wont do a crb check on everyone who applies for a tourist visa will they!? i mean a caution soesnt show up on a basic check, employers cant even see it, so i seriously doubt they would check it lkle that?
just to make sure, most countries do not require info on criminal records when applying for a tourist visa do they? I think the only problems are USA, China and Australia. But as i said, if i just answer no, the likelyhood of them actually finding it will be slim? it's not as if i have gone to court and served time or anything!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: visa help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code